1103 users online (231 members and 872 guests)  

The Killing Season - Websleuths

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Australia - Melbourne, severed forearm in river, Feb'15 - Brendan Bernard

Distinctive tattoo could hold key to gruesome Melbourne body parts mystery

Detectives have resumed their search of a Melbourne river after a manís remains were found floating in the water yesterday.
    Around 1.30pm yesterday walkers spotted a forearm severed at the elbow and wrist floating near the jetty outside Masterchef judge Gary Mehiganís Boathouse restaurant on the Maribyrnong River.

Officers have released a photo of a distinctive devil tattoo discovered on the forearm of one of the body parts in the hope of identifying the man.

http://www.9news.com.au/national/201...vDxjVm3yfWK.99

This is a pic of the album cover Tooth and Nail by a Sydney Punk band Downtime the album was released in 1997 -obviously a huge fan having the album cover tattooed onto him- http://www.metalmusicarchives.com/al...tooth-and-nail

Creepy. I lived near there until recently and it's a pretty popular spot.

Quote Originally Posted by spiritualdreaming View Post
    This is a pic of the album cover Tooth and Nail by a Sydney Punk band Downtime the album was released in 1997 -obviously a huge fan having the album cover tattooed onto him- http://www.metalmusicarchives.com/al...tooth-and-nail
    Good find! They're slightly different in that the tattoo devil is holding a spray can, and the album devil is holding what looks like flowers.

Quote Originally Posted by Brightbird View Post
    Good find! They're slightly different in that the tattoo devil is holding a spray can, and the album devil is holding what looks like flowers.
    Yes it's altered a little...was wondering if the spray can reflets a Graffiti fan/artist

A third body part has been found in the Maribyrnong River on Saturday morning, as police work to identify the man whose limbs were severed and dumped in the river.

A passerby made the gruesome discovery of a leg in a plastic bag at 11.20am near Oakland Street in Maribyrnong in Melbourne's west.

Police confirmed the leg is believed to be connected to the two limbs found upstream on Thursday and Friday.

http://www.theage.com.au/victoria/po...07-138izb.html
    "People will generally accept facts as truth only if the facts agree with what they already believe." - Andy Rooney

Opinions are my own and are not to be copied, repeated or used outside of Websleuths.com without my written permission

Absolutely horrendous

Yes it's altered a little...was wondering if the spray can reflets a Graffiti fan/artist
    I was also wondering that before you pointed out that it's from an album cover. So yes I think that's a good possibility. Actually, the whole image looks like it's in graffiti style to me.

I was also wondering that before you pointed out that it's from an album cover. So yes I think that's a good possibility. Actually, the whole image looks like it's in graffiti style to me.
    Yeah looks to be connected to graffiti, can't believe know one has identified him yet. Wouldn't think many people would have that type of tattoo, considering the band isn't that well known.

I only hope that LE are able to catch who are responsible for his death. They have sure done a good job on him and the way he has been disposed of may make it hard to find the killer/s

I wonder if the cops know that it's from that album cover? I presume so, but it's not really widely known so

In one of the articles above, it says a leg was in a Harris Scarfe shopping bag. I googled Harris Scarfe in Victoria because it's not common and there are three stores -- Epping, Highpoint, and Point Cook. They're all reasonably close to Moonee Ponds but Highpoint is very close. Like just up the road.

One thing I find interesting about the way he was disposed of is that the tattoo was left in place, so I doubt the dismemberment was done to remove the identity of the victim (plus the fact all the parts were dumped together). It's all very curious.

I wonder if the cops know that it's from that album cover? I presume so, but it's not really widely known so

In one of the articles above, it says a leg was in a Harris Scarfe shopping bag. I googled Harris Scarfe in Victoria because it's not common and there are three stores -- Epping, Highpoint, and Point Cook. They're all reasonably close to Moonee Ponds but Highpoint is very close. Like just up the road.

One thing I find interesting about the way he was disposed of is that the tattoo was left in place, so I doubt the dismemberment was done to remove the identity of the victim (plus the fact all the parts were dumped together). It's all very curious.
    I reckon the police would know the tattoo was from an album cover, was reported on the news tonight and people have written it on the Vic Police fb page.

For him not to have been identified yet makes you wonder that he may not have much family or they live out of state/overseas and the Victoria media hasn't reached them yet.

I reckon the police would know the tattoo was from an album cover, was reported on the news tonight and people have written it on the Vic Police fb page.

For him not to have been identified yet makes you wonder that he may not have much family or they live out of state/overseas and the Victoria media hasn't reached them yet.
    Thanks! I rarely watch the news and didn't see the fb page. I hope the police can figure out who this guy is and what happened. Victorian homicide police do a pretty good job I think. It's possible that family or friends have come forward but police are keeping it under wraps until it's confirmed.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast