1161 users online (229 members and 932 guests)  

Websleuths News

OH - Gerald 'Jeremy' Hummer, 20, robbed & killed, Cincinnati, 7 Feb 2015

Passersby noticed the body sitting in the passenger seat of the truck. Someone called police, thinking the man was unconscious, just before noon but LE aren't sure when Hummer died. His family reports he went out Saturday night and never showed up for work Sunday morning.

<snip>
    The preliminary examination by the Hamilton County Coronerís office revealed the 20-year-old died as a result of "homicidal violence," according to a press release from the Cincinnati Police Department.
    http://www.wcpo.com/news/local-news/...ors_picks=true
    "Some circumstantial evidence is very strong, as when you find a trout in the milk."
    - Henry David Thoreau

No Suspect Information Released

Some of the comments after this article are interesting:

http://www.wlwt.com/news/police-body...twood/31163808

And what does "No suspect information released" mean? Does LE have a suspect but are not releasing his/her identity? Does LE have clues about a possible suspect (surveillance footage, witness description, etc.) but are not releasing them? Or, does it mean that LE has no suspect, and therefore no information to release?
    "Some circumstantial evidence is very strong, as when you find a trout in the milk."
    - Henry David Thoreau

Can anyone find any SM for GTH II? I can't find any and I've looked under various first names in case he uses a nickname or goes by his middle name.

I wonder where he went Saturday night and who he was with. Who was the last person to see him?
    - Henry David Thoreau

"If you are lucky enough to find a way of life you love, you have to find the courage to live it."
    - John Irving in A Prayer for Owen Meany

Unless I provide a link or refer to a specific link, all my ramblings are theories, speculation, scenarios based on what info is available and my own unique life experiences.

Quote Originally Posted by wendybtn View Post
    Thank you for the update on this case, Wendy! I had lost track with so much going on.

I couldn't get those links to work -- the articles are no longer available. Here's another with pictures of the suspects:

http://www.wlwt.com/news/2-arrested-...twood/31218388

Sadly, one of the suspects was supposedly GTH's best friend. As they say, with friends like that who needs enemies?!
    - Henry David Thoreau

Earlier this month:

http://www.cincinnati.com/story/news...eath/76717288/

[Shawn] Allen, 20, of Green Township, was sentenced to 18 years in prison for setting up the robbery that led to Hummer's death...

He pleaded guilty last month to involuntary manslaughter and aggravated robbery...

It was Allen, prosecutors said, who came up with a plan to rob Hummer Feb. 7 during a drug deal. Hummer was waiting that night in a pickup truck expecting to buy about $300 in cocaine... Allen gave Weathersby a loaded revolver, Tieger said, telling him Hummer "was soft" and that he would easily give up the money he'd brought.
    The case against Aubre Weathersby is still pending.

December 2015:

Second man sentenced in Westwood robbery that led to fatal shooting

http://www.wlwt.com/article/second-m...ooting/3560449

A man who pulled the trigger in a drug deal gone wrong was sentenced to 18 years in prison.

Aubre Weathersby pleaded guilty to involuntary manslaughter and trafficking in drugs.