GUILTY IL - Drew Peterson charged with trying to hire hit man to kill Glasgow

Cubby

fly the W!
Reaction score
Convicted wife-killer Drew Peterson has been charged with trying to hire a hit man to kill Will County State’s Attorney James Glasgow.
Peterson faces one count of solicitation of murder and one count of solicitation of murder for hire, according to charges filed Monday in Randolph County.
Both crimes are Class X felonies; the murder-for-hire charge carries a mandatory prison term of at least 20 years; the solicitation charge carries a mandatory minimum term of 15 years.
Peterson, currently in prison, will appear in Randolph County court in southwestern Illinois on Monday afternoon, according to media reports. Glasgow declined to comment.

http://chicago.suntimes.com/crime/7/71/355506/report-drew-peterson-tried-put-hit-prosecutor

Peterson had an arraignment this morning in Randolph County where he was charged with one count of solicitation for murder for hire and one count of Solicitation for murder.
His next court day is March 3.

Illinois Attorney General Lisa Madigan told WGN that because this is a high profile case and James Glasgow is the intended victim, the attorney general’s office got involved with the investigation. She also said that the alleged planning took place between September 2013 through December 2014.

http://wgntv.com/2015/02/09/drew-peterson-tried-to-hire-hitman-to-kill-james-glasgow-sources/

And to think he was a police officer at one time... apparently he still thinks he is above the law.. so glad his children are not being raised by him.

I just spotted this on twitter and seeing his name come up again really gave me the chills. Such a dangerous man.

I see prosecutors are considering 'going forward' with Stacy Peterson's case. I hope they do.

Illinois Attorney General Lisa Madigan told WGN that because this is a high profile case and James Glasgow is the intended victim, the attorney general’s office got involved with the investigation. She also said that the alleged planning took place between September 2013 through December 2014.
[URL]http://wgntv.com/2015/02/09/drew-peterson-tried-to-hire-hitman-to-kill-james-glasgow-sources/[/URL]
. bbm
"Peterson, a former Bolingbrook police officer, was convicted in 2012 of killing his third wife, Kathleen Savio....
Drew Peterson is serving a 38-year sentence at the Menard Correctional Center in southwestern Illinois.". sbm bbm
http://chicago.suntimes.com/crime/7/71/355506/report-drew-peterson-tried-put-hit-prosecutor

I'm confused about timing and officials.
1. When did he go to prison, after 2012 conviction?
2. Was he already in prison when all this alleged planning occurred? Only some?
3. Was planning against official who prosecuted him for Wife #3's death? Or the one involved in investigation into Wife #4'sdeath?

Thx in adv. Anyone?

I think...

Drew went straight to prison in 2012 after his conviction for killing Kathleen.
So he was in prison when allegedly trying to hire a hit man to kill Glasgow.
Glasgow was prosecutor at Drew's trial for killing Kathleen and also said he would try and bring a case against Drew over the disappearance of 4th wife Stacy Peterson, who is still missing.

It's too bad the taxpayers have to continue to support this man...and why the heck is he in 'isolation' ?? Why should he merit protection that his wives did not ??
Grrrr !!!! :banghead: :maddening:

:moo:

zwiebel--thx for your post & info just above.

Just found this re Wife #3. Conviction -- Sept 6, 2012. Sentencing & transfer to prison-- Feb 21, 2013

Looks like all planning was done while he was already in the slam. Not a MENSA candidate, but I guess we already suspected that.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Drew_Peterson :
"VerdictOn September 6, 2012, Drew Peterson was found guilty of the premeditated murder of Kathleen Savio.[SUP][20][/SUP] Jurors admitted that the most compelling evidence was based on the hearsay statements allowed under "Drew's Law".[SUP][44][/SUP] On February 21, 2013, Judge Edward Burmila refused to grant Peterson a new trial.[SUP][45][/SUP]Sentencing
On February 21, 2013, Peterson was sentenced to 38 years in prison for the murder of his third wife[SUP][46][/SUP] and was transferred to Stateville Correctional Center the next morning[SUP][47][/SUP] where he was processed and then moved to Pontiac Correctional Center where he is inmate M35067.[SUP][48][/SUP] He is currently incarcerated at Menard Correctional Center."

It's too bad the taxpayers have to continue to support this man...and why the heck is he in 'isolation' ?? Why should he merit protection that his wives did not ??
Grrrr !!!! :banghead: :maddening:

:moo:
He is probably in isolation to keep him from soliciting any NEW murders.

What happened to the jovial fun loving guy we all love to hate? Looks like he quit joking again!
Not loving your current accomendations DrewP?

I think...

Drew went straight to prison in 2012 after his conviction for killing Kathleen.
So he was in prison when allegedly trying to hire a hit man to kill Glasgow.
Glasgow was prosecutor at Drew's trial for killing Kathleen and also said he would try and bring a case against Drew over the disappearance of 4th wife Stacy Peterson, who is still missing.

I don't remember dates. But DrewP was in jail for a year or two before trial. Then after trial he was taken directly to prison.
It is going to be interesting to find out where he was when he did the solicitation, who he reached out to and how he went about it.

As a police officer he has to know how easy it is for the hired murders to go wrong. And to what extent they would go to find all perpetrators if it succeeded. Sounds like extreme desperation or extreme rage to me.

What I remember about the previous case:

He didn't seem to take anything seriously, even with a missing wife. His answer to that was she left with her lover, her bikini and his money (paraphrased). He loved playing games with the media. Stuck a camera out the door and filmed them while they were trying to get a shot of him. Going out and talking with media wearing a bandana over his face like a bandit. Reports that he was sneaking out the back door of his home and riding away on his motorcycle while media was out in front. When they started investigating Kathleen's death again he finally shut up.

Reports of the bullet hole in the floor that Stacey showed someone and said DrewP was dowstairs and shot upstairs while she was in the room above (this was an unverified story.)

HA! What a joke.

Just watched the news. His attorney Steve Greenberg says Drew would have no reason to do this. He said he thinks he would have had a successful appeal and could get out of prison. So therefore, there is no reason to think he did this.

Alrighty then Steve. Keep thinking that. :rolleyes:

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vconners