981 users online (209 members and 772 guests)  


The Killing Season - Websleuths

Websleuths News


Results 1 to 9 of 9
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Glasgow, Scotland
    Posts
    3,106

    Spain - Sandro Rottman, 43, child porn suspect, killed in altercation, 7 Feb 2015

    British man 'kills German tourist with a single punch at upmarket Spanish resort after catching him filming his daughter on an iPad'

    Kainth Devinder saw recordings of his daughter on the victim's device
    Sandro Rottman was being investigated for possessing child pornography
    Rottman was said to have died from a single punch to the head
    Devinder has appeared in court charged with suspicion of homicide

    A British man has been arrested for allegedly killing a German man he caught filming his young daughter at a Spanish holiday resort favoured by the rich and famous.

    Kainth Devinder, 40, has been charged with suspicion of homicide after attacking Sandro Rottman, at The Spinnaker in Sotogrande on Spain's Costa del Sol on Saturday night.

    Devinder, who was dining with his wife and one of his two daughters, is said to have initially demanded Rottman stop filming his daughter. When the 37-year-old, who was eating alone, refused the altercation turned violent.

    After seeing that there was a recording of his daughter on the device, Devinder reportedly smashed the man's tablet on the floor. According to the Olive Press he then punched Rottman in the face.

    Rottman had been charged with possession of child pornography last month, but it is understood Devinder did not know that. An investigating magistrate had launched an ongoing investigation into him which had not yet resulted in formal charges."

    Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...#ixzz3RHDfHiky

    I don't blame the British man for doing this his immediate instinct would be protecting his daughter.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    475
    I wonder how long the man had been up to those antics. Filming children at a resort in Spain, anybody else see where I'm going with my thoughts. I don't condone killing in any sense, but that father wasn't trying to murder. I think his one punch action was completely justified.
    "Who am I?
    I am that tiny voice in the back of your mind which encourages you to be who you choose to be as long as you are truthful to yourself.
    I am that tiny voice in the back of your mind that makes you understand that you are a survivor...that you are important... That you matter.
    Now let me ask, who are you?"

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    3,959


    ^site of story^

    "Devinder, who was dining with his wife and one of his two daughters, is said to have initially demanded Rottman stop filming his daughter. When the 37-year-old, who was eating alone, refused the altercation turned violent.
    After seeing that there was a recording of his daughter on the device, Devinder reportedly smashed the man's tablet on the floor. According to the Olive Press he then punched Rottman in the face."bbm
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...#ixzz3RHgCrjwl

    Was there a language barrier between British man & German man? Seems like Brit could have expressed request thru gesture.

    Some random dude recording my table in restaurant?
    I personally would not like it one bit either. Creepy, esp if more than a moment of recording, or if focusing on dau.
    But it's a public place, not peering in hotel windows, beachside cabanas, or dressing rooms.
    Smashing tablet or phone? Punching in head? IDK.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    3,651
    Quote Originally Posted by al66pine View Post


    ^site of story^

    "Devinder, who was dining with his wife and one of his two daughters, is said to have initially demanded Rottman stop filming his daughter. When the 37-year-old, who was eating alone, refused the altercation turned violent.
    After seeing that there was a recording of his daughter on the device, Devinder reportedly smashed the man's tablet on the floor. According to the Olive Press he then punched Rottman in the face."bbm
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...#ixzz3RHgCrjwl

    Was there a language barrier between British man & German man? Seems like Brit could have expressed request thru gesture.

    Some random dude recording my table in restaurant?
    I personally would not like it one bit either. Creepy, esp if more than a moment of recording, or if focusing on dau.
    But it's a public place, not peering in hotel windows, beachside cabanas, or dressing rooms.
    Smashing tablet or phone? Punching in head? IDK.
    Does it matter that it was a public place? Children eating dinner with their family should not have to worry about being video taped. I would have called the police and made sure they were involved instead smashing anything and I wouldn't punch. We can make an educated guess what the video would be used for, since the guy was recently charged with possessing child pornography. In any case, that man would NOT have left the premises with a recording of my kid. There is NO good or valid reason for an adult to be recording a child.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    3,959
    Quote Originally Posted by blue22 View Post
    Does it matter that it was a public place? Children eating dinner with their family should not have to worry about being video taped. I would have called the police and made sure they were involved instead smashing anything and I wouldn't punch. We can make an educated guess what the video would be used for, since the guy was recently charged with possessing child pornography. In any case, that man would NOT have left the premises with a recording of my kid. There is NO good or valid reason for an adult to be recording a child.
    bbm

    Per linked article, British man did not know about child porn charges at the time of smashing tablet and punching in head.
    When tablet was smashed, hadn't British man accomplished goal of protecting dau. (although we can understand desire to take a swing too)?

    Maybe, like you said, calling LE would have been better option.

    Recording child in public place is less creepy then recording by peering in hotel windows, beachside cabanas, or dressing rooms.
    Still creepy, very creepy, mos def creepy.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    3,651
    Quote Originally Posted by al66pine View Post
    bbm

    Per linked article, British man did not know about child porn charges at the time of smashing tablet and punching in head.
    When tablet was smashed, hadn't British man accomplished goal of protecting dau. (although we can understand desire to take a swing too)?

    Maybe, like you said, calling LE would have been better option.

    Recording child in public place is less creepy then recording by peering in hotel windows, beachside cabanas, or dressing rooms.
    Still creepy, very creepy, mos def creepy.
    Oh, I know that the man didn't know. With that said if someone is recording my child, I would assume that is the purpose and want it removed.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    2,149
    Some actions provoke a response. Allegedly, this man was filming his young daughter(s), and continued to do so after being asked to stop. Seems to me this alleged child porn collector messed with the wrong bull and got the horns - permanently.

    Its easy to say what one would do in hindsight - I don't see fault in the father at all.
    Judgment is not about destruction, but about setting things right.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    1,839
    Well that's a royal ballsup! It will be interesting to see what Spain does with this case. I predict that the Brit will get 40 lashes with a wet noodle and sent home. Spain is not going to want to spend a lot of money on a trial and incarceration. And the suspect is ooozing with money so some palms might get greased.

    Bah! It's ugly, any way you look at it.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    19,921
    From last month:

    http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worl...ared-jail.html

    A wealthy British businessman who killed an alleged German paedophile in an exclusive Spanish expat resort after catching him taking photographs of his young children will not go to jail despite being found guilty of manslaughter...

    Estate agent Devinder Kainth was given a six-month jail sentence after admitting that he had killed Sandro Rottman by punching him at a restaurant in the upmarket area of Sotogrande, near Gibraltar...

    A source from the Andalucian justice system said that Kainth “will not go to jail as he has no prior criminal convictions”. In Spain it is customary for judges to suspend prison sentences of less than two years for first-time offenders.



Similar Threads

  1. TX - DWI Suspect Has Child Porn On Cell Phone
    By Filly in forum Crimes-Spotlight on Children
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 03-23-2010, 10:49 PM
  2. Spain - 18 year old man tries to swap child porn for a car
    By Misfitdolly in forum Crimes-Spotlight on Children
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 08-13-2009, 12:43 AM
  3. Spain - 121 arrested in Spain for child porn
    By GizzySmith in forum Crimes-Spotlight on Children
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 10-01-2008, 12:55 PM
  4. FL - Child Porn Suspect On The Run For 4 Yrs Caught In Thailand
    By White Rain in forum Crimes-Spotlight on Children
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 02-26-2008, 10:21 PM
  5. TN - Suspect in child-porn case called 'good kid'
    By mysteriew in forum Crimes-Spotlight on Children
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 11-05-2006, 09:58 PM

Tags for this Thread