1231 users online (192 members and 1039 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

FL - Donna Chatterton, 46, Tice, 5 February 2015

Donna Chatterton

Woman missing after mobile home burns down
    LEE COUNTY, Fla.- Authorities are asking for the public’s assistance in locating a missing woman.
    Donna Chatterton, 46, has been missing for almost a week. Chatterton’s mobile home on Glenwood Avenue burned to the ground last Thursday. Chatterton’s roommate says she wasn’t home when it happened, and the last time he saw her was Wednesday morning. “I am worried for her safety. I want to know she’s alright, I wanna know where she is,” said Matt Albritton.

Albritton has only known Chatterton for about four months. Now he’s finding himself in the middle of a missing persons investigation. “Of course it’s weird, you can imagine the things going through my mind,” said Albritton.

Albritton says he moved in with Chatterton about two months ago. He says the last time he saw her, was the morning before her mobile home erupted in flames.
    http://www.winknews.com/2015/02/09/w...me-burns-down/
    "When from a long distant past nothing persists, after the people are dead, after things are broken and scattered, still alone, more persistent, more faithful, the smell and taste of things remain poised a long, long time like souls, ready to remind us, waiting, hoping for their moment amid the ruins of all the rest, and bear unfaltering in the tiny and almost impalpable drop of their essence the vast structure of recollection."

It looks like officials think it was an accidental fire started by a heater... I wonder if it could have been arson (she could have set it & run off OR someone else could have set it as a distraction--for kidnapping her, or something worse) Totally speculating and not attempting to blame anyone at all... it's just strange timing and I hope she comes home soon!

Hinky.
    Be the most brilliant color in the box!

Help us bring Donna L Chatterton home
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/1779671592258120

Family, friends hold vigil for missing Tice woman
    Detectives and family members are still on the lookout for 47-year-old Donna Chatterton. The Vermont-native disappeared from her home in Tice last Wednesday.

Less than 24 hours before her disappearance, Chatterton's trailer burned to the ground. On Friday, family and neighbors held a vigil for her.

It has been more than eight days since anyone has seen or heard from Donna Chatterton.

"I just don't want anybody to forget about her," said Rhonda Whitney, Chatterton's sister.

Rhonda Whitney - along with Chatterton's niece, nephew and a group of close friends and neighbors - returned to the missing woman's former home for a vigil on Friday.

Along with a Facebook group that already has more than 1,000 followers dedicated to helping find Chatterton, the family is putting up fliers all over town hoping someone has seen her.
    http://www.nbc-2.com/story/28108804/...n#.VN9trfnF9p-
    "When from a long distant past nothing persists, after the people are dead, after things are broken and scattered, still alone, more persistent, more faithful, the smell and taste of things remain poised a long, long time like souls, ready to remind us, waiting, hoping for their moment amid the ruins of all the rest, and bear unfaltering in the tiny and almost impalpable drop of their essence the vast structure of recollection."

It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~ Aristotle

The difference between fiction and reality? Fiction has to make sense.

Missing woman may have met with foul play
    Detectives with the Lee County Sheriff's Office Major Crimes Unit believe a missing East Fort Myers woman, Donna Chatterton, 46, may have met with foul play and they're encouraging anyone with information on her disappearance to come forward.

Chatterton's roommate, Peter Matthew Albritton, 40, tells detectives he last saw Chatterton on February 4. The next day, their residence at 4606 Glenwood Avenue was destroyed by fire.
    http://www.news-press.com/story/news...play/23561687/

Makes me wonder if the fire was not accidental and possibly set to destroy evidence of a more sinister crime.
    Cindi Lou

Some people may consider me crazy, I say I'm just inspired.

With no clear explanation as to Donna's whereabouts, detectives are leaving their business cards at the front doors of neighbor's homes, hoping to talk to someone with information.
    http://www.jrn.com/fox4now/news/Myst...292283321.html

Quote Originally Posted by Sleuthster View Post
    Makes me wonder if the fire was not accidental and possibly set to destroy evidence of a more sinister crime.
    That's been my thought since day one.

Search intensifies for missing Lee County woman
    The search is intensifying for a missing Tice woman.

WINK News confirmed a K-9 search and rescue team from Sarasota has been called to help search the area surrounding 46-year-old Donna Chatterton’s home.

Deputies say she vanished just hours before her home burned to the ground and they suspect foul play.

Her roommate, Peter “Matt” Albritton, was the last one to see her on February 4, the morning before their mobile home burned down. He told WINK News he has no idea where she could be.

Sarasota K-9 Search and Rescue, a non-profit organization, was contacted by the Lee County Sheriff’s Office to help them search the property Friday morning.

Earlier this week, the sheriff’s office said they suspect foul play is involved in Chatterton’s disappearance.
    http://www.winknews.com/2015/02/20/s...-county-woman/

Any updates?!

Not an update, just another listing: http://www.411gina.org/cases/chattertondonnalynn.html

I don't remember reading about her having "an extensive history of alcohol abuse", though I could have just forgotten...

ETA: Never mind, her alcohol use was mentioned in an article posted above.

Missing woman’s case now considered possible homicide
    July 20, 2015
    http://winknews.com/2015/07/20/missi...ible-homicide/
    Monday would have been Chatterton’s 47th Birthday. Her family held a vigil for her and released balloons into the air.

Anyone with information connected to this case is asked to contact Crime Stoppers. You can remain anonymous by calling 800-780-TIPS (8477).
    Video & more at link.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast