PA PA - Kathleen Kelly, 12, Springdale, 22 May 1981

JusticeWillBeServed

Reaction score
Kathleen was recently added to the Charley Project and another poster suggested her as a possible match for the Blairstown, New Jersey "Princess Doe".

http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/k/kelly_kathleen.html

kelly_kathleen.jpg
Above: Kathleen, circa 1981

Vital Statistics at Time of Disappearance
• Missing Since: May 22, 1981 from Springdale, Pennsylvania
• Classification: Endangered Missing
• Height and Weight: 5'2, 100 pounds
• Distinguishing Characteristics: Caucasian female. Brown hair, brown eyes.
• Clothing/Jewelry Description: A gold cross necklace.

Details of Disappearance
Kathleen was last seen in Springdale, Pennsylvania on May 22, 1981. She has never been heard from again. Few details are available in her case.

NamUS Profile: https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/22231/60/

Thread for Princess Doe, her name comes up at post 413:
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?14094-NJ-Blairstown-quot-Princess-Doe-quot-WhtFem-36UFNJ-14-18-Jul-82/page17

She went missing only 20 miles from where Cherri Mahan went missing in 1985. I wonder what the circumstances are to Kathleen's disappearance? Cherrie was last seen getting off her school bus at her home.

She went missing only 20 miles from where Cherri Mahan went missing in 1985. I wonder what the circumstances are to Kathleen's disappearance? Cherrie was last seen getting off her school bus at her home.

Toni McNatt-Chiappetta went missing from Clairton not quite 6 months after Kathleen, Nov. 5, 1981. Clairton is about 30 miles from Springdale. Toni's disappearance was all over the news, as was Cherrie in '85 but not a whisper about Kathleen. I don't get it but do wonder, are they ALL connected?
http://doenetwork.org/cases/265dfpa.html

Toni McNatt-Chiappetta went missing from Clairton not quite 6 months after Kathleen, Nov. 5, 1981. Clairton is about 30 miles from Springdale. Toni's disappearance was all over the news, as was Cherrie in '85 but not a whisper about Kathleen. I don't get it but do wonder, are they ALL connected?
http://doenetwork.org/cases/265dfpa.html

Yes CCJD.. I forgot about Toni's disappearance. You have to wonder if they are all related. I just don't know how they can just disappear.

Add Michele Reidenbach to the list. Evans City (about 30 miles from Springdale), disappeared September 22, 1981.
http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/305dfpa.html

Yes you are so right!... I never thought before of a possible connection. I was the same age as Cherrie Mahan when she went missing. Her case is what got me started into looking for missing people. So 3 young girls missing in 1981 in a close area and then Cherrie in 1985.

I actually did research in old micro-phish files several years ago on a number of young women who went missing in the area (and another who was killed south of Pittsburgh about a month before Reidenbach went missing) I gave the list of names to the Cold Case detective for Butler County at the time. Nothing seems to have come of it, but there were a disturbing number of disappearances from the area in the early 80s, quite a few young teens to young adults who disappeared in broad daylight. Part of me thinks there must be a connection, but I don't know what more can be done.

Bumping for Kathleen. At this time, she hasn't been ruled out for Princess Doe.

She REALLY looks like Princess Doe and all her vitals match up. The fact they both wore gold cross necklaces is really intriguing. I wonder who reported her missing and what were the circumstances around her disappearance? Does anyone know? I only heard of her disappearance a couple months ago and Namus says her DNA testing is incomplete which makes me think she wasn't reported missing until fairly recently.

Here is a side by side of Kathleen and the photo reconstruction of Princess Doe:

thumb_40505.jpeg Princess Doe.jpg

I can see a resemblance

Here is a side by side of Kathleen and the photo reconstruction of Princess Doe:

View attachment 75294 View attachment 75295

I can see a resemblance

Thanks! Yes her eyes look similar to me (keep in mind Princess Doe's eye color is "unknown" even though they're blue in this sketch), but her nose and chin are what really stick out as looking the same. I wonder if Kathleen knew anyone in Long Island, since that's where they seem to think Princess Doe lived.

I wish we had more info on her disappearance. I live about 40 miles from Springdale and have never heard of her missing persons case before. I was only 6 when Kathleen disappeared but I was almost 10 when Cherrie Mahan went missing and I have seen many theories on the news and online about her case.

I think the cheekbones also stand out looking similar.

I'm guessing that since they're very few details available about Kathleen Kelly's missing person case, I'm 99% sure that she was a runaway, otherwise her case would've gained more attention. She really does have a striking resemblance to Princess Doe, and I really think she might be her. I haven't heard if she was ruled out yet but I know her DNA is being processed and compared.

But in all honesty I think it's extremely disturbing because Kathleen Kelly looks a lot like a girl I was friends with back in my elementary school days (I know they aren't the same person though because I was in elementary school back in the early 2000s) and I see a lot of people typing in quote-on-quote: "I hope Princess Doe is Kathleen Kelly" and I understand why they type that, because they want the Princess Doe case to be solved, but if PD really is Kathleen Kelly, she would've only 13 when she died, and she would've died horribly too, and it really disturbs me when people type that they "hope" it's her :(

I'm not sure if that all made sense, but because of all that, this really hits home for me more than any other murder case or missing person report I've ever read about :(

I see a lot of people typing in quote-on-quote: "I hope Princess Doe is Kathleen Kelly" and I understand why they type that, because they want the Princess Doe case to be solved, but if PD really is Kathleen Kelly, she would've only 13 when she died, and she would've died horribly too, and it really disturbs me when people type that they "hope" it's her(

I know exactly what you mean--I think when people say "I hope it's her," regardless of who they're talking about, what we really mean is, "I hope the missing person is alive and well somewhere--but if she's not, I hope we are able to find and identify her and return her to her family." Nobody really hopes a thirteen year old girl ran away from home and became a prostitute with a pimp from Long Island who beat her beyond recognition and left her for dead in the corner of a cemetery. But if that did happen, it is important to find out the girl's name so her family and friends can have closure and so she can have the respect and dignity in death she deserves.

I know exactly what you mean--I think when people say "I hope it's her," regardless of who they're talking about, what we really mean is, "I hope the missing person is alive and well somewhere--but if she's not, I hope we are able to find and identify her and return her to her family." Nobody really hopes a thirteen year old girl ran away from home and became a prostitute with a pimp from Long Island who beat her beyond recognition and left her for dead in the corner of a cemetery. But if that did happen, it is important to find out the girl's name so her family and friends can have closure and so she can have the respect and dignity in death she deserves.

i know that's they really mean, but it still kinda disturbs me a bit :/ i felt the same way about Tammy/Caledonia Jane doe case too

This new image of Princess Doe looks so much like Kathleen Kelly it kind of freaks me out. That's how I felt when Carl emailed me the pic of Tammy Alexander to compare to his reconstruction of Caledonia Jane Doe.
(except the face in the reconstruction of Princess Doe might seem a little longer than Kathleen's)

Princess Doe Update.JPGthumb_40505.jpeg

This new image of Princess Doe looks so much like Kathleen Kelly it kind of freaks me out. That's how I felt when Carl emailed me the pic of Tammy Alexander to compare to his reconstruction of Caledonia Jane Doe.
(except the face in the reconstruction of Princess Doe might seem a little longer than Kathleen's)

View attachment 75701View attachment 75702

That facial recon of Princess Doe was deliberately made to look like Kathleen. It is pointless to deliberately make a recon to look like someone, and then say "Wow!!! look at the resemblance!!!".

That facial recon of Princess Doe was deliberately made to look like Kathleen. It is pointless to deliberately make a recon to look like someone, and then say "Wow!!! look at the resemblance!!!".

If this is true, how dumb. It's actually dishonest, unless you included a little disclaimer.

But I do think Princess Doe and Kathleen are a match. It's the first comparison I've ever seen on WS that I actually thought was a match. The line of the nose, bridge of nose, space between lip and nose and space between lip and chin all look the same to me. This is based off pics in post #10.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rachel1987
Back