Trauma Reactions

beesy

myspace.com/beesy_boo
Reaction score
I could not find the thread where Mary and Goody were talking about Darlie's TA. And then on another thread we talked about the Candy Montgomery/Betty Gore case. I just finished reading that book for the 100th time and noticed something that Goody had said. After being smacked by the side of the ax and seeing her own blood, Candy said everything started to move in slow motion. Words sounded like Charlie Brown's teachers. During this time, she whacked Betty over the head with the blade of the ax. Thinking Betty was dead, she tried to leave. The door was right there, but as she reached for it, it seemed miles away, like in a dream. She just couldn't reach it. Then Betty, " The Undead" slammed Candy up against the door and everything sped up again. Darlie never mentioned anything like this which is a common reaction to trauma. She claims traumatic amnesia whenever she doesn't have an answer, but she never tells of having any weird feelings such as slo mo or warped voices.
Candy's lost memory was gleaned from hypnosis and without any knowledge of LE's evidence, it fit.

beesy said:
I could not find the thread where Mary and Goody were talking about Darlie's TA. And then on another thread we talked about the Candy Montgomery/Betty Gore case. I just finished reading that book for the 100th time and noticed something that Goody had said. After being smacked by the side of the ax and seeing her own blood, Candy said everything started to move in slow motion. Words sounded like Charlie Brown's teachers. During this time, she whacked Betty over the head with the blade of the ax. Thinking Betty was dead, she tried to leave. The door was right there, but as she reached for it, it seemed miles away, like in a dream. She just couldn't reach it. Then Betty, " The Undead" slammed Candy up against the door and everything sped up again. Her lost memory was gleaned from hypnosis and without any knowledge of LE's evidence, it fit. Unlike Darlie's which sorta fits after she's asked about the evidence. :doh:
Actually Darlie's hynosis claims don't fit the evidence at all. She merely pulls in another intruder in an attempt to match the bloody fingerprint, which indicated a small framed person had left it, but she made no attempt to allow for why no blood was found on the sofa where she slept. In fact, her new accounting of it raises even more questions and is less believable than the one presented at trial.

Goody said:
Actually Darlie's hynosis claims don't fit the evidence at all. She merely pulls in another intruder in an attempt to match the bloody fingerprint, which indicated a small framed person had left it, but she made no attempt to allow for why no blood was found on the sofa where she slept. In fact, her new accounting of it raises even more questions and is less believable than the one presented at trial.
I was being silly about any of her evidence fitting, awake or asleep. I should have put the :crazy: after the sentence
What about the rest of what I said?

Talking about trauma, you should here her responses (or lack of) to her own dying and dead children at the hospital when she was only feet away from them.
As a mother, I personally would have knocked over hospital staff to get to them just to hold them.

dasgal said:
Talking about trauma, you should here her responses (or lack of) to her own dying and dead children at the hospital when she was only feet away from them.
As a mother, I personally would have knocked over hospital staff to get to them just to hold them.
My son died of SIDS, but they took him to the hospital anyway to try to revive him. They worked and worked. I live in a small town, so everybody anywhere near the ER was aware of what was happening. The whole place was crying. Once the docs declared him dead, even they cried. They let me go back there to hold him and I picked up that teeny little body and turned him all around, trying to memorize every inch of him. We kissed him and told him we loved him and passed him around because some of the nurses wanted to hold him.
Refresh my memory as to how Darlie acted towards her boys' bodies please. I know it wasn't how I reacted. And I'm not saying what I did means I loved him more than other mothers could love their children. I was just sharing. Danny did not die a violent death and perhaps mothers might not want to see a child bloody and torn up, I still would, I know. I have a great imagination and I could probably conjure up something worse than what it really was.
From what I remember neither Darlie or Darin asked where the boys' bodies were. I know I would be so upset to leave Devon at the scene. I don't remember them even being concerned about that, but can anybody tell me more?

beesy said:
My son died of SIDS, but they took him to the hospital anyway to try to revive him. They worked and worked. I live in a small town, so everybody anywhere near the ER was aware of what was happening. The whole place was crying. Once the docs declared him dead, even they cried. They let me go back there to hold him and I picked up that teeny little body and turned him all around, trying to memorize every inch of him. We kissed him and told him we loved him and passed him around because some of the nurses wanted to hold him.
Refresh my memory as to how Darlie acted towards her boys' bodies please. I know it wasn't how I reacted. And I'm not saying what I did means I loved him more than other mothers could love their children. I was just sharing. Danny did not die a violent death and perhaps mothers might not want to see a child bloody and torn up, I still would, I know. I have a great imagination and I could probably conjure up something worse than what it really was.
From what I remember neither Darlie or Darin asked where the boys' bodies were. I know I would be so upset to leave Devon at the scene. I don't remember them even being concerned about that, but can anybody tell me more?

Beesy, I'm sorry about Danny's death - if I haven't already said so. :blowkiss: :blowkiss: I can't imagine the pain.

About Darlie, I believe one of the boys was laying on a gurney and she was wheeled past him in the emergency room. She had zero reaction. Nothing. She was just as cold as could be and made no attempt to go to him. But then, she had all that time while waiting for the EMT at the house and didn't hold them then, so the fact that she just starred at him without feeling was nothing new. Sad, but not new.

Oh Beesy. That story made me want to cry. I am really sorry you and your family had to go through this. :(

I'm sorry about the death of your child too. That is sooooo sad.

As for Darlie, supposedly she just sat there and griped about how much she hurt.

Thank you all so much. Losing Danny is probably one of the reasons Darlie makes me so upset. She's pathetic and it galls me to think she has so many worshipers. It's a slap in the face to mothers who have lost children. Now I remember reading about how she whined and needed pain meds. Poor dear....:furious:

beesy said:
I was being silly about any of her evidence fitting, awake or asleep. I should have put the :crazy: after the sentence
What about the rest of what I said?
You are correct that Darlie did not describe experiencing the slow motion effect that most who experience traumatic events describe, but Darin did. That has always given me some pause in my belief that he is more involved than police indicated.

Jeana (DP) said:
About Darlie, I believe one of the boys was laying on a gurney and she was wheeled past him in the emergency room. She had zero reaction. Nothing. She was just as cold as could be and made no attempt to go to him. But then, she had all that time while waiting for the EMT at the house and didn't hold them then, so the fact that she just starred at him without feeling was nothing new. Sad, but not new.
It still blows my mind. I can understand the detachment during the crime and surrounding it to some extent, but how does one stay detached while looking at your child's body in a hospital setting? Even Mulder called her a "cold fish." What on earth could have happened to desensitize her to that extent?

Goody, I guess the same thing that desensitized her enough to be able to stab them both to death. If you can look at them while stabbing them to death, I imagine it's an easy step down to ignoring their lifeless bodies on a gurney.

Beesy, I'm so very sorry about your son Danny's death. I can't even imagine what kind of pain that caused. I don't know how long ago that was but I hope you have been allowed to heal in some fashion from such a loss.

Correction: Darlie's attitude is a slap in the face to all mothers, not just the ones who've lost a child

Goody said:
It still blows my mind. I can understand the detachment during the crime and surrounding it to some extent, but how does one stay detached while looking at your child's body in a hospital setting? Even Mulder called her a "cold fish." What on earth could have happened to desensitize her to that extent?

A serious personality disorder. We've read about her kind before. Nothing matters but herself and how others perceive her.

Jeana (DP) said:
A serious personality disorder. We've read about her kind before. Nothing matters but herself and how others perceive her.
I heard an atty say today that the narcisstic personality places great importance on appearances, and that seems to fit Darlie. That made me think that the pressure on her about those trips might have been more significant than most of us might realize. Wasn't she paying for Mercedes way to Cancun? Or supposed to? Facing people with an admission that she just didn't have the money to live up to her promises might have been a huge emotional burden for her.

Goody said:
You are correct that Darlie did not describe experiencing the slow motion effect that most who experience traumatic events describe, but Darin did. That has always given me some pause in my belief that he is more involved than police indicated.

For the life of me, I can't remember which TV show it was, but Greg Davis and Toby Shook were asked about Darin's possible involvement.

They both hesitated for a long time, looked at each other, and then Shook said something like, "There was no evidence to tie Darin to the crime, but if anything comes up in the future, we'll certainly follow it."

They hesitated and looked at each other way too long before answering, as if they knew something that wasn't made public. It was quite obvious that they know Darin has knowledge of the crime that he ain't revealing.

The only thing they might charge him with is perjury, though, and that's a tough one to prove. Not on the top of their priority list.

Mary456 said:
For the life of me, I can't remember which TV show it was, but Greg Davis and Toby Shook were asked about Darin's possible involvement.

They both hesitated for a long time, looked at each other, and then Shook said something like, "There was no evidence to tie Darin to the crime, but if anything comes up in the future, we'll certainly follow it."

They hesitated and looked at each other way too long before answering, as if they knew something that wasn't made public. It was quite obvious that they know Darin has knowledge of the crime that he ain't revealing.

The only thing they might charge him with is perjury, though, and that's a tough one to prove. Not on the top of their priority list.

I don't speak for them, but from what I saw I don't think they like him a whole lot. In fact, I'll go so far as to say that they probably wanted to be able to lock him up REAL BAD!!!! LOL I don't see it happening though.

Mary456 said:

I think I remember seeing that, too. I have always had the impression that they have some reservations about him. I remember once Davis said that when Darin testified that he came off as being very self centered and materialistic. I totally agree with that depiction.

Jeana (DP) said:
I don't speak for them, but from what I saw I don't think they like him a whole lot. In fact, I'll go so far as to say that they probably wanted to be able to lock him up REAL BAD!!!! LOL I don't see it happening though.
Well, Darlie ain't dead yet.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vconners
Back