1188 users online (196 members and 992 guests)  

Websleuths News

TX - Melissa Kay Sodeman, 19, Wichita Falls, 7 April 1989

Crime Stoppers (Melissa Kay Sodeman Cold Case Murder)
    Darrell Franklin
    9 February 2015

Crime Stoppers hopes very much to finally solve a cold case capital murder, with your help.

It happened on April 7th, 1989, possibly around 1:30 in the morning.

Officers responded to 1500 Trout in Wichita Falls, and found 19- year old Melissa Kay Sodeman brutally murdered inside her apartment.

She had two small children who were there at the time, and the apartment door was found open.

If you have any information about this crime or any other felony crime, you're urged to call crime stoppers, 24- hours a day at 322-9888.

The long distance number is 800-322-9888.

You never have to give your name, and if your information leads to the arrest and board approval, because this is a cold case homicide, you could earn up to $2,500.

April 7, 1989: Melissa Kay Sodeman, 19, a student who was stabbed with a kitchen knife in her apartment in the 1500 block of Trout Street. Her husband found her body that Friday morning.
    http://www.timesrecordnews.com/news/unsolved-homicide-sidebar_26751750

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vJSua2Xp5rg

WEBSLEUTHS ON FACEBOOK

I take it the knife came from her own kitchen correct?

Hi, Rich. I believe so. At least that was the impression I got from reading these articles. I searched for earlier news items, but was unable to locate any from the time of the murder.

WEBSLEUTHS ON FACEBOOK

Quote Originally Posted by bessie View Post
    Hi, Rich. I believe so. At least that was the impression I got from reading these articles. I searched for earlier news items, but was unable to locate any from the time of the murder.
    Victimiology assessment on the victim, I feel will probably reveal a lead

9 times out of 10 when we see, a estranged victim, killed in their own residence, especially a young victim, where the murder weapon originated from within the residence itself, you are dealing with an intimate, former intimate, friend or acquaintance

This is especially true especially in cases, where sexual assault or attempted sexual assault is NOT present, or if its staged to look like sexual assault

However with an open door it could be anyone

That's where Motive comes in ... why?

multiple stab wounds , up close and personal "look at me I'm doing this to you "...weapon of opportunity from the residence etc
    Look close in this case, it wasn't planned, most likely something got out of control.

Look to see if there were any similar crimes in the area at the time, burglaries, etc... but I don't think one has to far to find who they are looking for

Friends, enemies, intimates, acquaintances.... look there,

Three things cannot be long hidden: the sun, the moon, and the truth. Buddha
    Bumping this case. Hoping to have new information. Keep your fingers crossed
    Help our Administrator Bessie
    Check out Websleuths Facebook page
    Follow Websleuths on Twitter
    Read Websleuths on
    Wikipedia

Tricia Griffith
    triciastruecrimeradio@gmail.com
    6300 N. Sage Wood Drive
    Suite H # 214
    Park City UT