654 users online (78 members and 576 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 14 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

NC - Deah Barakat, 23, his wife & her sister murdered, Chapel Hill, 10 Feb 2015

Three shot near Chapel Hill. Finley Forest Condos.
    http://www.wral.com/multiple-gunshot...hill/14438074/
    Clear your mind must be, if you are to discover the real villains behind this plot. Opinion only, my posts are.

Map
    image.jpg
    Clear your mind must be, if you are to discover the real villains behind this plot. Opinion only, my posts are.

Town of Chapel Hill release
    Chapel Hill Police Investigate Multiple Homicide on Summerwalk Circle

Post Date:02/10/2015 7:00 PM
    At 5:11 PM today, Chapel Hill Police Officers responded to a report of gunshots in the area of Summerwalk Circle in Chapel Hill. When officers arrived, they located three subjects who had been shot. All three subjects were pronounced dead at the scene. The names are not being released pending notification of next of kin.
    The Chapel Hill Police Department is questioning a person of interest in the crime and has reason to believe that there is no ongoing threat to the public.

The investigation is ongoing and further information may be released when it becomes available.
    http://www.townofchapelhill.org/Home...s/News/8372/22

I don't know anything more than what's in the news right now. The condos where the shooting took place is an area where med students and grad students sometimes live, but I haven't heard anything more than you know right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Concerned Mama View Post
    I don't know anything more than what's in the news right now. The condos where the shooting took place is an area where med students and grad students sometimes live, but I haven't heard anything more than you know right now.
    Twitter rumor: Someone tweeted about a 2nd year dental student.

Video, upset father looking for information.
    http://instagram.com/p/y8Sl-4w7X6/

A group of seven or eight young people who appeared to be in their 20s arrived about two hours after the shooting.

The young man’s mother arrived about 7:45 p.m. She was crying, asking officers to at least let them know who was involved. An officer said they did not have that information yet. A police crisis counselor took the mother and the man’s father aside to talk.

Read more here: http://www.newsobserver.com/2015/02/...#storylink=cpy

http://www.newsobserver.com/2015/02/...apel.html?rh=1

NC - 3 Killed in Chapel Hill. Craig Stephen Hicks, 46 Arrested. 10 February 2015

Chapel Hill Police have released the names of three people who were shot and killed on Tuesday evening in the Finley Forest Condominium on Summerwalk Circle, near the Friday Center off Highway 54. Police also said the shooter was in custody.

Those victims were identified as Deah Shaddy Barakat, 23, of Chapel Hill, Yusor Mohammad, 21, of Chapel Hill, and Razan Mohammad Abu-Salha, 19, of Raleigh.

Police said Craig Stephen Hicks, 46, of Chapel Hill has been charged with three counts of first degree murder.
    http://www.wncn.com/story/28075915/v...-triple-murder

No reasons for the murders have been suggested. What does the names of the victims tell you--possibly from the Middle East?

According to the article, the guy walking his dog said something about some suspicious activity.
    Was he meaning the 3 victims were saying "get a flashlight and look in the truck", possibly the shooters truck?
    Or just some random people were saying it? Idk. Kind of confusing.

It is the #1 trending story on Twitter since last night, but not covered in mainstream news. Apparently the three were Muslim students. Police have arrested a 46 year old self-proclaimed atheist with a lot of hate posts in his social media accounts.

Three college students killed in Chapel Hill shooting; 46-year-old man charged

CHAPEL HILL, N.C. A 46-year-old Chapel Hill man has been charged with three counts of first-degree murder after three college students were shot and killed Tuesday evening at a condominium complex on Summerwalk Circle in Chapel Hill, authorities said.

<snip>

All three victims were shot in the head, sources said.

Barakat, a second-year dental student at the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, married Yusor Mohammad in late December, according to school officials. Mohammad is listed on her Facebook page as a student at North Carolina State University, and officials at UNC said she was planning to begin dental studies in Chapel Hill this fall.

Abu-Salha, Yusor's younger sister, is listed as a sophomore at NC State and a graduate of Athens Drive High School in Raleigh.

CNN is listing it at the top of its "Top News Stories" now: http://www.cnn.com/2015/02/11/us/cha...ing/index.html

<modsnip>

The dental student was raising money for Syrian dental relief for refugees in Turkey. Barakat, along with ten other dental students and UNC School of Dentistry faculty were to travel to Rihaniya, Turkey to provide relief to Syrian refugees in a primary and secondary school with over 2000 students. The endeavor is in partnership with the Syrian American Medical Society.

Since last night's shooting, the page has exceeded its goal of $20,000.

eta: Sorry, since it's a fundraising site, the web address is not allowed here at Websleuths. If you want to read about it, you can easily find it by googling some of the info provided in this post.
    Last edited by LambChop; 02-11-2015 at 06:31 PM. Reason: Solicitations are not permitted

"Craig Stephen Hicks, 46, was charged with three counts of first-degree murder"

A possible motive behind the shootings is still undetermined, but family members said the couple had problems with Hicks in the past.
    Im going to assume CH lived in the same complex. I wonder If the problems were threats of violence, slurs.

http://myfox8.com/2015/02/10/chapel-...iple-shooting/

Page 1 of 14 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast