GUILTY UK - Arnold Hartley, 73, beaten to death, Redcar, 29 Nov 2003

I despise how this article painted this monstor. The heartache he brought upon his victims and their families is beyond what he "suffered". Justice indeed.

Perhaps this thread should be merged with the thread concerning the KKK inititation mishap. It would make a very interesting juxtaposition: you people seem to greatly favor mob violence in certain situations and oppose it vehemently in other situations.

Toth,
Am I understanding correctly that you are comparing mob vengeance against a person who molests children with mob attacks against someone because their skin color is different? (I don't think that would be vengeance, unless it's retaliation for the people being born of a different race?) Or are you making another comparison?

Toth, Am I understanding correctly that you are comparing mob vengeance
I'm merely pointing out that those who condemn the KKK because of what they see as mob violence should not be so gleefully chortling over this particular act of mob violence, simply because they happen to think the victim deserved it.

I don't agree with "mob violence." The KKK want to hurt people simply for the color of their skin. These people were getting rid of human garbage that sexually abused children. Big dif, Toth don't you agree?

Originally posted by Toth
I'm merely pointing out that those who condemn the KKK because of what they see as mob violence should not be so gleefully chortling over this particular act of mob violence, simply because they happen to think the victim deserved it.
Interesting point, although I don't agree becase the reasoning behind the mob violence makes a difference. Just like how or why someone has killed a person makes a difference. I liken it to one of my favorite movie comparisons. Conan the Barbarian and Wrath of Khan came out around the same time. The motive in both of these movies was revenge. Yet the movies were created in such a way that the audience cheered on Conan, and booed Khan. Why is that? Because Conan was fighting people who knew they'd attacked others wantonly, and Khan was fighting people who had no idea they had caused him harm.

You should see the comparison, and why human nature tends that way. Not to say that KKK members or proponents wouldn't feel differently about their own group, or that child molesters might not feel differently about their group. It's all in the perspective.

From July 2004:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/england/tees/3934089.stm

The killer of a convicted paedophile has been jailed for life in what was dubbed a "vigilante-style" attack.

Adrian Brown, 42, beat 73-year-old Arnold Hartley to death after breaking into his Redcar home in a drink-fuelled rage in November 2003...

The judge at Newcastle Crown Court sentenced Brown to life recommending that he serve a minimum of 14 years.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrsrb10
Back