1465 users online (332 members and 1133 guests)  

The Killing Season - Websleuths

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

OK - Caddo Co., WhtFem UP6604, 16-25, in shallow grave, Apr'95

(Please forgive me if UID is already listed)

NamUs UP # 6604
    https://identifyus.org/cases/6604

Unidentified White Female
    * 04/24/1995 Body found in shallow grave by roadside
    * 09/02/1996 - cranium located near Hwy 66, approximately 1.2 mile from postcranial remains.

Vital Statistics
    * Estimated age: 16 to 25 years old
    * Approximate Height and Weight: 5'7"; weight unknown.
    * Hair Color: Unknown
    * Distinguishing Characteristics: Light brown body hair.

Skeletal Findings
    * Possible term or near-term pregnancy.
    * Right-handed

Clothing on Body
    * Blue jeans - "Lee Riders, Since 1889" - Size 7
    * Lace underwear
    * Bra

* 4 miles west of 281 on old Hwy 66 in Caddo County, OK.

Estimated postmortem interval
    * Months

Rule-Outs
    Crystal Lynn Ortega
    Misty Ortega
    I think I think too much.

Crikey, the recon makes her look menopausal. I hope they took good pics of the skull so another artist can give it a try. And soon.

I came across the above UID while searching for potential matches for Rachel Pratt who was last seen January 1995 at home in Kansas. The photo rendering of the UID looks much older than Rachel, but I wondered if there was still a possibility since I also think the rendering looks older than estimated age of the UID, 16-25. What initially caught my attention was the possible near term pregnancy since Rachel was pregnant when she disappeared and the fact this UID was found a few hours away from where Rachel was last seen.

More information on Rachel here: http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/p/pratt_rachel.html

Obviously, it may not be her, but hopefully someone can help identify the UID.
    I think I think too much.

I wouldn't rely too much on that recon. That artist, Betty Gatliff, has a very distinct style, and most of her sculptures have the same look.

If you can look past the overall look and focus on the facial shape, Rachel looks pretty close.

She is a little young compared to the estimate. But she seems to me to be close enough that I would want to see a rule-out based on DNA or dentals.

Quote Originally Posted by CarlK90245 View Post
    I wouldn't rely too much on that recon. That artist, Betty Gatliff, has a very distinct style, and most of her sculptures have the same look.

If you can look past the overall look and focus on the facial shape, Rachel looks pretty close.

She is a little young compared to the estimate. But she seems to me to be close enough that I would want to see a rule-out based on DNA or dentals.
    I'll keep my fingers crossed for a Carl K recon on this one...

alreetlike is offline All human wisdom is summed up in these two words -- wait and hope
    Quote Originally Posted by OkieGranny View Post
    Crikey, the recon makes her look menopausal. I hope they took good pics of the skull so another artist can give it a try. And soon.

Agreed. If this lady is ever identified I'll be very surprised if it's a result of the artwork.

Those two photos do look similar. Hopefully it's a match.

was she decapitated, or was her skull distance due to animal wandering?

When they say Skeletal Findings: Possible term or near-term pregnancy, I don't think they meant that the Jane Doe was pregnant at the time of her death. I think they are saying that she had carried a pregnancy to full-term some time prior to her death.

Looking past the age of the recon I can see some similarities. If I consider the appearance of an older woman I could think mother or aunt.

I, using my limited Photoshop abilities, created a younger looking version of the UID. I softened her skin, defined her eyes and neck, and added a 'younger' hairstyle.

Image003.jpg

(As you can see, this is a skill I will try to work on )

And here it is with Rachel Pratt.

9601418_FR_3a.jpg Image003.jpg

Rachel has a very similar facial shape to the UID.
    Last edited by SilentSleuth; 02-11-2015 at 11:07 PM. Reason: Rachel Pratt comparison

That was a younger hairstyle in 1995, I think, though the person I most remember wearing it is Michael Jackson But the eyes and mouth definitely look old and tired. Going just by shape, she does look a lot like Rachel.
    Opinions expressed are strictly my own (who else would they belong to???)

Quote Originally Posted by carbuff View Post
    That was a younger hairstyle in 1995, I think, though the person I most remember wearing it is Michael Jackson But the eyes and mouth definitely look old and tired. Going just by shape, she does look a lot like Rachel.
    The original hair (unscaled) was very normal straight hair. Definitely something Michael Jackson could pull off though! I just had to make it larger to fit her face and cover up that huge mane of hair.

The recon looks Hispanic in some ways, but Rachel, oddly enough, while definitely Caucasian, looks somewhat Hispanic too.

I don't like modifying other peoples' work, so don't use this image anywhere else.

But here is the same basic facial shape with her looking like she is about early 20's.

Apr 95 Caddo Jane Doe Modified 002a.jpg

It sounds as though Rachel was most likely murdered by her boyfriend.

Think about it, the most dangerous time in a woman's life is when she's pregnant, that's when any woman is the most likely to be murdered.

And considering she was about to get her boyfriend arrested for statutory rape, there's more than one motive.

Since she was in her first trimester in January and whoever this was had been dead for several months, I don't think they are the same person.

But, it is worth a try, and they do say "May have" instead of "definitely had," When it says carried to full or near-full term

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast