AZ AZ - Deanna Criswell, 16, Marana, Nov 1987

los2188

North Carolina Tar Heels..your NCCA Champs!!
Reaction score
I can't find it either los, but good find!

very sad ....... this needs to be 'broadcasted' to young girls from aged 12 and up....video at link pretty much sums it up...she was a good kid but little parental involvement. Her siblings speak well of her and bless that uncle for looking for her.

RIP Deanna

May Deanna Rest in Peace.

From the article JerseyGirl posted:

"My dad and I saw it on unsolved mysteries like 20 years ago and we strongly suspected it was her but Bev, her mom, she just didn't want to deal with it," said Wing.

This is notable because we've occasionally speculated here that some families of the missing may have not stepped forward despite suspicion their relative might be a particular UID. I'm in no way passing judgement on anyone, but it sounds as though that's what happened here, with some family members holding off in respect to the wishes of the victim's mother.

http://tucson.com/news/state-and-re...cle_58e4bc42-e7b9-5bcd-ac09-f1aaa7536527.html

Ellen Criswell never met the girl in the mid-1980s photo who had a big smile, thick glasses and feathered, brown hair. She and her husband, Donald Criswell, saw their niece in person only as a baby.

Last year, Criswell discovered that her niece Deanna Criswell, of Spokane, had not been heard from for decades and had never even been reported as missing. Though the rest of the family hadn't bothered to look, the aunt and uncle went on a quest to find their forgotten niece...

Criswell's sister, Renn, said last week that Criswell met Knight on the streets of Spokane and he bought her the bus ticket to join him in Arizona after he already had moved there. Ellen Criswell said she's upset that many people have described Knight as her niece's boyfriend. "She was 16 years old and he was 31," she said. "He was a pedophile."

I am glad that finally someone is saying out loud what the 31 yr old really was: a pedophile.

Unclear why father was estranged from daughter from MSM.

""She's not out there in the woods somewhere," she said. "It's sad what happened to Deanna. Obviously Deanna fell through the cracks and there was nobody there to catch her."

Next month, Deanna's father, Jerry Criswell, will travel to Tucson with Donald Criswell and another brother to place a new tombstone on Deanna Criswell's grave, Ellen Criswell said.

The name over her grave no longer will read "Jane Doe 19."

http://tucson.com/news/state-and-re...cle_58e4bc42-e7b9-5bcd-ac09-f1aaa7536527.html

RIP Deanna. Hopefully, you're happy now that people know who you are. We won't stop looking for any others like you.

the aunt is right, deanna fell through the cracks but i don't understand why the parents buried their heads in the sand and
(a) didn't report her missing
(b) convinced themselves she was alive and well and will get in touch when she felt like it
i am glad she is no longer unknown, she was deanna criswell
and i certainly hope she is at peace

"Family of recently identified murder victim finding closure"

http://www.foxcarolina.com/story/28544293/family-of-recently-identified-murder-victim-finding-closure

Jerry Criswell visited his daughter's grave for the first time today. He found that someone had placed flowers on her grave. He doesn't know who did it, but he appreciates it.

"She just died too young," said Criswell.

He made the trip from Mississippi this week to order a headstone for his daughter and bring a sense of closure to his family.

"It is hard to explain, it being 28 years since I've seen my daughter, just strange," said Criswell.

I have a few questions. So semen found linked her to William Knight. Was it determined if she was raped by him? She fought his advances and he kills her?

How long did she know him prior to him sending her the bus ticket?

In an article it mentioned she was a frequent runaway since the age of 11. Wow! How did she make it out on her own especially that young?

Sent from my LG-M153 using Tapatalk

For whatever reason, Wikipedia uses the photo of Deanna taken when she was a lot closer to childhood - there's another photo out there where she looks a bit more mature.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jemabogado
Back