IA - A persistent pup tracks owner 20 blocks to a hospital

Joe Friday

Getting the Facts
Reaction score
A persistent pup finds owner at a hospital

If you ever doubted the connection between a dog and their human companion, you might want to think again.

For the Francks and their daughter Sarah Wood it was something they can't really explain.

"I said, 'did you sneak this dog in?' Sarah said, 'No, [Sissy] snuck herself in,'" said Nancy Franck. "Set the door off, she got in by herself too. So she was on a mission."

Sissy, a 10-year old Miniature Schnauzer, walked nearly 20 blocks straight through Mercy Medical Center's 10th Street entrance doors and right into the hospital lobby.

She was on a mission to find her owner, Nancy who is recovering due to complications of a cancer-related surgery.

http://www.kwwl.com/story/28088210/...-pup-finds-owner-at-a-hospital#at_pco=cfd-1.0

LOVE this story. Doggies are amazing animals. :heartbeat:

I have dogs and cats. Each are wonderful in their own way.

But I just love that story.

I think my dog might try to find me. My cat would just be really upset. My brother house sat with my cat for 10 days while I was in Germany a couple of months ago. He said that the first night she literally caterwauled from 7pm to 2pm NONSTOP. He was about ready to kill her.

Lovely story thanks for posting glad Sizzy got to see her mom. I hope her owner recovers and is back home soon. She must have followed her scent. It's amazing how attached animals become to humans particularly cats and dogs when I have been in hospital for my surgeries my cat Winston (top left) will hardly eat, wails around the house and is generally lazy and miserable.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back