IL IL - Nancy Streitmatter, 48, Quincy, 7 October 2012

PastTense

Reaction score
A woman's body was found in a fire-gutted building in Quincy more than two years ago...The Quincy Fire Department responded to the fire October 7, 2012 at Salvage Lumber at 219 Oak Street.

Detective Doug McQuern with the Quincy Police Department was called in to investigate. "It was a suspicious fire, we thought," Detective McQuern said. "So we get there and everything's burned basically to the ground. As we're sifting through the debris trying to locate the origin of the fire where it may have started, we were sifting through it and that's where we discovered the remains. The remains were basically buried in all this debris."...

The Quincy Police Department has labeled Streitmatter's case as a homicide.
http://www.connecttristates.com/news/story.aspx?id=1162854

In 2012 Nancy Streitmatter was found dead in an industrial building on Oak St in Quincy, IL. Her death was ruled a homicide. I submitted a FOIA request about the case about 2 months ago. 2 days later, a Quincy detective shows up at my house to discuss the case.

He didn’t tell me much, as it is an ongoing investigation. He did say “if this was a murder, they hid it very well”. Coroner discovered evidence of head injury prior to death. My feeling is that she was killed before, killer relocated body to this building, and the building set on fire subsequently. A salvage lumber business was renting out this building at 219 Oak St. I want to find out what happened. Any help?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288
Back