Retrial for Sentencing of Jodi Arias - 2/13 thru 2/18 - Break

Status
Not open for further replies.

LambChop

Former Member
Reaction score
Please continue your discussions here.

:juanettes:

Bringing this post over hear, since the other one will be closing shortly.

The phone text got me a bit confused, but doing a quick google it is completely possible to send a text to a phone from your computer. This could be one of the reasons JA destroyed her hard drive. Damning!
There is plenty on the subject on the internet, but unfortunately, I cannot read and research because work is calling me. Here is a bit of info. There is plenty more out there if any one has the time to look.
http://computer.howstuffworks.com/e-...s-computer.htm
Someone counted the characters of the text and they were under 160 without spaces and 160 with spaces.
A quick skim and this immediately caught my eye. Interesting.

Type a message of up to 160 characters in the message box and then click Send. Your message will shortly appear on the cell phone

OT.
I always enjoy hearing from our Canadian posters because I have fond memories of a visit to the Great White North, and am a huge hockey fan to boot.

Watching hockey games on TV is where I began to see advertisements to Tim Hortons on the side of the hockey rink's walls. I kept wondering what kind of business it was and am glad to finally learn it is the Canada version of Dunkin Donuts. I wrongly thought it was a burger joint :)

With the DT dragging out this lengthy trial, at least we get to learn a few valuable things along the way.

We were up in Montreal once and I have fond memories of eating at this wonderful steak house. They had some wonderful house version of their own steak seasoning that you could buy and leave the restaurant with if you wanted too.

It was some of the best steak seasoning I have ever had and so I bought a huge jar of it that I could bring back to the states. It lasted me about 3 years and I finally ran out of it and miss it. I can remember the great smell and flavor of it just thinking about it.

I just googled it to remember the name of the place and I found it. The place is called "Le Biftheque" which I am pretty sure is french for something regarding "beef"
That is about my extent of knowing french language. LOL

https://www.facebook.com/lebiftheque

After rethinking what Juan said about the the 'scandulous text' possibly being copied and pasted from a computer and the post with the info from texting a phone from a computer there is zero doubt in my mind that Jodi Ann Arias did just that. Plus the wording of that text gives it away that SHE DID IT. I am certain.

Ok, so I know JM has said the State rests, but after the defence surrebuttal can he enter any more evidence? Or does it have to go to closing statements then? Are we actually nearly finished?

After rethinking what Juan said about the the 'scandulous text' possibly being copied and pasted from a computer and the post with the info from texting a phone from a computer there is zero doubt in my mind that Jodi Ann Arias did just that. Plus the wording of that text gives it away that SHE DID IT. I am certain.

Yes. There is no doubt in my mind either. The character limit makes it obvious it was chopped up due to character limit and the terms used was no way Travis would say it that way.

It is tough for Juan to prove it so maybe it was best just to mention it the way it was presented by Juan. Maybe it would have helped if he had just highlighted certain words
Like highlighting words like "scandalous". LOL

I swore I wouldn't be back until the trial resumed on Wednesday. But here I am.

Ok, so I know JM has said the State rests, but after the defence surrebuttal can he enter any more evidence? Or does it have to go to closing statements then? Are we actually nearly finished?

I recall this was asked before in the first trial and if I remember the answer correctly, it is possible that Juan would be given permission to come back and counter the DT again but it is very unlikely as the judge would have to give permission and it probably is not worth it anymore as the jury is getting tired and Juan knows it.

So unless it is something really critical that Juan needs to counter, we will probably only see the DT now with their surrebuttal witnesses again. Although I expect them to take a long time again since they mentioned they are going to bring back a few of their witnesses again now. This could be awhile yet before we get to closing.

I read that Geffner isn't available until 2/25. Can't the judge order him to appear? I would think so.
Read the kerfuffle regarding the MDLR episode. I think that was pretty juvenile for those trial watchers to behave that way. I also read the 13th Juror's recap of the incident. He was involved in that episode. I have mixed feelings about his writings. I also think it was creepy of him to confront Dr Demarte & Juan that morning. If I were them, I would have been scared.
Looks like the end is near! The murderess must be shaking in her boots. I still think she may take the stand. The jury has to wonder why she didn't feel it was important enough to her to finish her testimony, which is why I think she will testify.
Thoughts?

OT.
I always enjoy hearing from our Canadian posters because I have fond memories of a visit to the Great White North, and am a huge hockey fan to boot.

Watching hockey games on TV is where I began to see advertisements to Tim Hortons on the side of the hockey rink's walls. I kept wondering what kind of business it was and am glad to finally learn it is the Canada version of Dunkin Donuts. I wrongly thought it was a burger joint :)

With the DT dragging out this lengthy trial, at least we get to learn a few valuable things along the way.

We were up in Montreal once and I have fond memories of eating at this wonderful steak house. They had some wonderful house version of their own steak seasoning that you could buy and leave the restaurant with if you wanted too.

It was some of the best steak seasoning I have ever had and so I bought a huge jar of it that I could bring back to the states. It lasted me about 3 years and I finally ran out of it and miss it. I can remember the great smell and flavor of it just thinking about it.

I just googled it to remember the name of the place and I found it. The place is called "Le Biftheque" which I am pretty sure is french for something regarding "beef"
That is about my extent of knowing french language. LOL

https://www.facebook.com/lebiftheque

I'm not sure I could get through a summer without my iced cappuccinos from Timmy's and I do have a soft spot for their crullers and maple glazed donuts(I do like the mocha specials from Krispy Creme, just can't handle more than one every month or so... ), but even though their new dark roast isn't too bad, I still prefer brewing my own americanos using good old Nabob's Espresso blend instead of regular grind coffee. I think one of Timmy's best draws though is their "Roll up the Rim" contests. ... http://www.timhortons.com/ca/en/index.php

Getting back to all this talk about the phones and how to source the origin of certain calls, surely just being able to match dates and times to the text logs would suffice, I would think those would have been available for at least a few months before the murder. The only reason they may not have bothered with this, though we really don't know that they haven't, is because there was so much hard evidence to have gotten the murder conviction that I don't think they were thinking it would turn into this circus over sentencing.:/

Good Morning! I'll admit to having had to catch up on the trial for the past two days. At least it was relatively short and sweet yesterday. I was most impressed with Dworkin's Heliophone testimony. Juan elicited that it's strange format could be because it was chopped up from an e-mail sent to the phone with the implication that JA could have done that.

My only regret is that we didn't find the word rediculous in it. Otherwise, however, it certainly doesn't sound like something Travis would have written as many others have pointed out.

AZL deputized- Hope reporting for duty. :)

Blef....AZL has explained this way. JM just finished the State's case. Next comes the DT's straight up rebuttal. If there's any surrebuttal after that it will be JM's, not the DT's.

I don't think JM can enter in new evidence if he wants/is allowed to do surrebuttal. At most, he'd do an in and out touch up on some point Nurmi tried to slide by in rebuttal. I really doubt JM wants or needs to go there at all,though.

When are victim impact statements?
Before or after allocution?

Ziggy....yesterday's thread closed before I could thank you for your reply about the jury. I'm glad to hear it looks like they're holding up well. Based on other reporting, I've been getting the impression jurors are largely either snarling or snoozing at this point.

It says a lot about how invested they are that nobody's bailed and they're still very much tuned in. IMO that is very bad news for JA. I doubt they'll hang after all they've put in and been through, and no way there will be a consensus for LWOP.

Thanks again!

When are victim impact statements?
Before or after allocution?

They already happened. Morning of October 30, 2014. Trial went underground that afternoon (secret testimony).

Bringing this post over hear, since the other one will be closing shortly.

The phone text got me a bit confused, but doing a quick google it is completely possible to send a text to a phone from your computer. This could be one of the reasons JA destroyed her hard drive. Damning!
There is plenty on the subject on the internet, but unfortunately, I cannot read and research because work is calling me. Here is a bit of info. There is plenty more out there if any one has the time to look.
http://computer.howstuffworks.com/e-...s-computer.htm
Someone counted the characters of the text and they were under 160 without spaces and 160 with spaces.
A quick skim and this immediately caught my eye. Interesting.

Type a message of up to 160 characters in the message box and then click Send. Your message will shortly appear on the cell phone

I'd like to add another possibility. At the time of the murder, "instant messaging" was a huge service that many used befored texting became as popular as it is now.

I remember being a member on another forum and a bunch of us became friendly, and we would use instant messaging to chat outside of the forum. One girl used to participate via her phone, while I used the service from my computer.

Basically an account was created using an email address, and then you created a user name . Most of us utilized the user names we were known by on the forum.

This would have been an ideal way for Jodi to create an account, choose TA as a user name, and then send "texts" to whomever she wanted. She wouldn't have needed to hack into anything. Oh, another huge aspect of the service that would benefit the murderess: conversations automatically "disappeared" once the connection ended unless it was manually saved.

IMO the analysis of travis's phone&records showed no evidence that he sent this text.

I just hope the jury got it, cause after reading PS's recap I'm not so sure. I know there has been varied opinion about his posts, but I like to read it b/c it's a perspective from inside the courtroom. I think we tend to understand things a lot more b/c of our ability to bounce ideas and theories off of each other.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vigilandy