Japan - Junko Furuta, 16, tortured & raped for 44 days before her murder, 1988

Spurser

Inquire Within
Reaction score
This crime happened a few years ago, but I recently found the story on sword and scale. I didn't see anything about this on WS. If this has already been posted, I apologize. I just felt like her story needed to be told. It is quite disturbing and very graphic. This is quite possibly the worst thing I've ever read, so please use caution if you click on the link.

"At least four of the boys took turns raping her, and she was raped up to 400 times a day. This went on for weeks."

"They starved her – forcing her to eat cockroaches and drink her own urine. They poured hot wax on her face. The dropped heavy weights on her stomach and burned her with cigarettes."

http://swordandscale.com/the-torture-of-junko-furuta/

There are even more horrible acts discussed at the link.

"Today all four boys are free. Changing their names after their release, it would appear that the boys involved in this vile and tragic murder have managed to stay off the radar since completing their sentence, all except for one."

'"The accomplice that chose not to appeal got away with the lightest sentence: just 8 years, in spite of being labeled as the “main accomplice” in Junko’s torture and murder. He had been 17 when the crimes were committed and was out of prison before his 30th birthday. On release, he changed his name to Jo Kamisaku and got a job at a tech company, quietly assimilating back into society.''

http://swordandscale.com/the-torture-of-junko-furuta/4/

the one who is named ended up back in jail for 7 yrs after kidnapping and assaulting a man.

This is one hideous horrid crime and am stunned that so little is public about it.

One publication decided that the public's outrage outweighed the need to protect the brutes:

''Hiroshi Miyano – Later changed to Hiroshi Yokoyama

Jō Ogura – Later changed to Jō Kamisaku

http://swordandscale.com/the-torture-of-junko-furuta/3/

Shinji Minato – May be going by Nobuharu Minato

Yasushi Watanabe

In addition, two other boys: Kōichi Ihara and Tetsuo Nakamura, whose semen and pubic hairs were found on Junko’s body were also named, but were never convicted in connection to the crime.

Due to the overwhelming evidence against them, the four boys pleaded guilty.''

I'm not doubting the story but I do have some questions. How would they be able to test DNA from pubic hairs if this young lady was burned for two hours? I don't doubt that she was brutally tortured, I just don't understand how that DNA would still be there.

I wondered that myself, but I guess anything is possible.

I don't think they needed dna, perhaps? Clue was in the fact Junko was taken to a home a perp shared with his family. I wondered how a teen gets to keep a prisoner in his family home without the parents being aware.

Apparently, mom was. But was too afraid of her son Kamisaku to stop him. I think she may have provided vital eyewitness evidence afterwards. Junko's parents successfully sued Kamisaku's parents later. He was released in 1999 but back in jail in 2004, over an assault involving a girl where he's said to have boasted of his previous crime.

I only know of a few Japanese crime cases involving the murder/sex abuse of a woman, but in all of them there have been difficulties that leave me really uneasy. Information is released patchily, if at all, and sex crimes in the country are still not treated with the seriousness they deserve, in my opinion. Sex, status and wealth of offenders also seems to have an undue influence. Again, in my opinion.

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Murder_of_Junko_Furuta

This case is apparently better known as 'The high school girl encased in concrete murder'.

This is the Japanese for it, which brings up lots of links. In Japanese, which I don't read. They could be google translated though, maybe?

女子高生コンクリート詰め殺人事件

This thread should be in cold cases. I think?

I don't think they needed dna, perhaps? Clue was in the fact Junko was taken to a home a perp shared with his family. I wondered how a teen gets to keep a prisoner in his family home without the parents being aware.

Apparently, mom was. But was too afraid of her son Kamisaku to stop him. I think she may have provided vital eyewitness evidence afterwards. Junko's parents successfully sued Kamisaku's parents later. He was released in 1999 but back in jail in 2004, over an assault involving a girl where he's said to have boasted of his previous crime.

I only know of a few Japanese crime cases involving the murder/sex abuse of a woman, but in all of them there have been difficulties that leave me really uneasy. Information is released patchily, if at all, and sex crimes in the country are still not treated with the seriousness they deserve, in my opinion. Sex, status and wealth of offenders also seems to have an undue influence. Again, in my opinion.

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Murder_of_Junko_Furuta

bbm: in the original lengthy link to this case upthread I believe there was a mention of the main perp having been introduced into the Yakuza IIRC

This was one of the first Wikipedia articles I read when I discovered that site in 2005. I went through every article in the category on murdered children and this one stood out the most. Unimaginable.

The most disturbing case I have ever read. I cannot believe those guys aren't dead, let alone free. I would rip them apart bone by bone if they did anything like that to my child.

This was the first story I researched after launching Sword and Scale and it has stuck with me. It's truly one of the clearest examples of everyday monsters living amongst us, and just how evil human beings can be when they're stripped of any empathy due to psychological disorders and/or upbringing.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zipperoni
Back