755 users online (90 members and 665 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    los2188 is offline North Carolina Tar Heels..your NCCA Champs!!

LA - Joshua Harrison, 13, New Orleans, Feb 2015 / 6 Mar 2016

Joshua Harrison

Autistic boy missing from NOE last seen getting off school bus
    The NOPD is asking for the public's help in locating a 13-year-old boy missing from New Orleans East. Joshua Harrison was last seen getting off a school bus Friday morning in front of Schaumburg Elementary School in the 9500 block of Grant Street. At approximately 7:45 a.m., school officials reviewed video surveillance that showed Harrison getting off of the bus and walking in the opposite direction away from the school. Harrison has autism and school officials believe he might be heading downtown to attend the parades.

Harrison has not been seen or heard from since.
    http://www.fox8live.com/story/281086...off-school-bus
    Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

"When from a long distant past nothing persists, after the people are dead, after things are broken and scattered, still alone, more persistent, more faithful, the smell and taste of things remain poised a long, long time like souls, ready to remind us, waiting, hoping for their moment amid the ruins of all the rest, and bear unfaltering in the tiny and almost impalpable drop of their essence the vast structure of recollection."

Oh my, this is scary! I hope this young one is found safe!

It's about 8 or 9 miles from his school to the downtown area. I hope he's found soon.

Really, really hope this young man is found safe SOON. Not a good time for him to be wandering around.

There was a somewhat similar case near me very recently. It turned out well.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...macon+autistic

Praying this one does, too!

From the link in the OP, Joshua is 5'0 tall and was wearing a gray uniform shirt and a purple and gold LSU jacket.

NOPD contact is Seventh District Detective Perrin Gaines 504-658-6070. Or call NOPD at 504-821-2222.
    PODCAST ROW

WEBSLEUTHS ON FACEBOOK

Schaumburg Elementary School Tilt view from the front drive: once the map loads just click on the school icon to look around

I wonder which direction the bus traveled, where the parades he may have been heading toward would have been?

Could this be the kind of "purple and gold LSU jacket" the description refers to?
    or this or this a kids jacket or this one in a youth size I'm sure there are other possibilities, but no pictures of him in the jacket?
    He's 5 ft tall, so probably would blend into a crowd without alarm
    Last edited by FindHG; 02-14-2015 at 09:25 AM.

The parades were uptown along St Charles Ave from Napoleon to Canal St., 8-9 miles away from the school like BayouBelle posted. There was one in Metairie about 12-13 miles away.

He could've gotten down to Canal St and Broad on a bus from Chef Menteur Hwy., but he'd have to walk a couple of miles or transfer to a second bus to get close to the parade route (unless there's a new bus route I'm not familiar with that would take him directly downtown).
    PODCAST ROW

WEBSLEUTHS ON FACEBOOK

Quote Originally Posted by bessie View Post
    The parades were uptown along St Charles Ave from Napoleon to Canal St., 8-9 miles away from the school like BayouBelle posted. There was one in Metairie about 12-13 miles away.

He could've gotten down to Canal St and Broad on a bus from Chef Menteur Hwy., but he'd have to walk a couple of miles or transfer to a second bus to get close to the parade route (unless there's a new bus route I'm not familiar with that would take him directly downtown).
    What would be your guess if he walked, RT 10 crossing?

Quote Originally Posted by FindHG View Post
    What would be your guess if he walked, RT 10 crossing?
    Do you mean I-10? It's elevated, and he could easily walk along the streets underneath.
    PODCAST ROW

WEBSLEUTHS ON FACEBOOK

Do you mean I-10? It's elevated, and he could easily walk along the streets underneath.
    Yes, I-10. So the streets below it would get him past the canal?

If he does make it to a parade, hopefully, a good level-headed person will help him get home. I'm not sure if the crowds are a good thing or bad thing. Police officers have their hands full.

Quote Originally Posted by FindHG View Post
    Yes, I-10. So the streets below it would get him past the canal?
    He'd have to walk across the bridge. But honestly, I think he must've gotten on a bus. I wonder if he mentioned to his family that he wanted to go to the parades. Breaks my heart. I sure hope he turns up okay.
    PODCAST ROW

WEBSLEUTHS ON FACEBOOK

He'd have to walk across the bridge. But honestly, I think he must've gotten on a bus. I wonder if he mentioned to his family that he wanted to go to the parades. Breaks my heart. I sure hope he turns up okay.
    Me too. Hope he makes it home in good shape.

"school officials believe he might be heading downtown to attend the parades."

From link here:
    Quote Originally Posted by los2188 View Post
    Joshua Harrison

I wonder if this is a recent picture. He looks younger than 13. I can't find any more information on him.

Quote Originally Posted by BayouBelle_LA View Post
    I wonder if this is a recent picture. He looks younger than 13. I can't find any more information on him.
    He does look quite young. I hope he is found safe. I pray that with all of the extra eyes on NOLA this weekend, he is less likely to be harmed and more likely to be spotted.
    fighting for justice, hope and strength

Purchase an autographed copy of my friend, John DeSantis's book,
    "The Thibodaux Massacre"
    about the slaughter of innocent black
    sugar cane workers and their families

by law enforcement in 1887 by clicking here.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast