741 users online (106 members and 635 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    los2188 is offline North Carolina Tar Heels..your NCCA Champs!!

MI - Boy, 2-3, found alone at theater, Detroit, 14 Feb 2015

Police search for parents of boy found at Fox Theatre
    DETROIT (WJBK) - Detroit police are asking for the public's help finding the parents of a small child found inside the Fox Theater. Ushers found a small child about 2 years old at the conclusion of Sesame Street Live at 8:30 p.m. Friday. He is described as a black male about 2 to 3 years of age wearing a blue shirt, blue jeans, blue shoes and a green coat.

The child can only say his name, which is believed to be Damon.
    http://www.freep.com/story/news/loca...ater/23397287/

Damon
    Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

"When from a long distant past nothing persists, after the people are dead, after things are broken and scattered, still alone, more persistent, more faithful, the smell and taste of things remain poised a long, long time like souls, ready to remind us, waiting, hoping for their moment amid the ruins of all the rest, and bear unfaltering in the tiny and almost impalpable drop of their essence the vast structure of recollection."

Quote Originally Posted by los2188 View Post
    Police search for parents of boy found at Fox Theatre

http://www.freep.com/story/news/loca...ater/23397287/

Damon
    Awww.

So, how did he get to Sesame Street Live? What happened to his guardian(s)? (On second thought, are they ok?)

Was he dropped off there?

No cameras anywhere? Box office, etc?

He looks healthy, dressed in warm, apparently clean clothes...

Eta: Above link says he was wearing a green coat...the pic doesn't look like a blue shirt/green coat...is that the coat lying over top of him?

Poor little guy....someone had to have left him there? How do you forget your kid at Sesame Street Live? Gotta be more to this story...

"Grandmother of young boy left at Fox Theatre contacts police"

http://www.clickondetroit.com/news/b...ought/31266402

Quote Originally Posted by perfectingpink View Post
    "Grandmother of young boy left at Fox Theatre contacts police"

http://www.clickondetroit.com/news/b...ought/31266402
    Thanks PP!

According to the above link the grandmother called police to say she was on her way to pick up the child.

Also from the above link, "its unclear how the boy was left behind at the theater".

Quote Originally Posted by margarita25 View Post
    Thanks PP!

According to the above link the grandmother called police to say she was on her way to pick up the child.

Also from the above link, "its unclear how the boy was left behind at the theater".
    OK--- Thrilled that Grandma called---HOWEVER, I hope that LE digs a bit deeper before throwing him back into the family. Kind of inexcusable to leave 2 yr old alone in a movie theatre. I think they need to get to the bottom of that otherwise Grandma might just return him to a negligent situation.
    “Every day that they don’t find something is good for me.“ Billie Dunn

Quote Originally Posted by katydid23 View Post
    OK--- Thrilled that Grandma called---HOWEVER, I hope that LE digs a bit deeper before throwing him back into the family. Kind of inexcusable to leave 2 yr old alone in a movie theatre. I think they need to get to the bottom of that otherwise Grandma might just return him to a negligent situation.
    Agreed.

VERY, VERY similar to one we had in CA in late December. We also had a thread here if anyone is interested in reading more, but I linked to an article for brevity's sake.

In that one, a 3 year old girl was left alone at The Grove, a very nice outdoor shopping plaza type thing (lots of celebs go there, Extra or whatever show Mario Lopez does films there, it's on the perimeter of the CBS lot where DWTS and American Idol and a bunch of shows tape at so they often go over afterward to eat, etc.).

Similarly, she was in good shaped, seemed well cared for, etc.

The dad ended up supposedly finding out from another relative who saw the story on the news the next day and he went to pick her up. Like this one, she was released to him, but they were also digging into what all had really happened, but it was supposedly somehow custody or drop off related.

As an officer said in that case, they'd always rather have a FOUND child and "lost" parents/guardians than the reverse, but similarly, when the ending doesn't add up you hope good digging goes on so the next time it's not that same child be lost!

(O/T, I'm reminded of those cases where a parent forgets their kid is in the car seat, and they leave them in there and they bake to death).

(I wonder if drugs played a role in this one? They often do, jmo)

rosesfromangels is offline "The trilling wire in the blood / Sings below inveterate scars." - Eliot
    Could be a sign of dementia.
    Glad everyone is o.k. What a cute little man.
    My posts are opinion and speculation only, and may not be used for any purpose outside of this forum.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast