GUILTY CA - Julia Cuevas Rosas, 24, thrown from cliff, Rancho Palos Verdes, 3 July 2005

Casshew

Former Member
Reaction score
A 23-year-old Torrance man has been arrested in connection with the death of his new bride, whose body was discovered by fishermen at the bottom of a cliff in Rancho Palos Verdes, authorities said Wednesday.

Brandon Jason Manai is accused of throwing his wife, Julia Cuevas Rosas, 24, of Norwalk off a 200-foot-high cliff near Calle Entradero and Palos Verdes Drive West, said Sgt. Robert Taylor of the Los Angeles County Sheriff's Department homicide bureau.

The couple had been married for two weeks.

Rosas' body was found the afternoon of July 3 on rocks near the base of the cliff. Investigators believe that she had been thrown that morning, Taylor said. Detectives believe Rosas approached Manai about a divorce or an annulment, and that may have led to her death, he said.

In the days before her death, Rosas had complained to friends and co-workers about her husband's possessiveness, constant phone calls and text messages to her cellphone, Taylor said. He added that she had also begun asking friends about how to annul her marriage.

The couple began dating in March and wed June 19 but maintained separate residences, Taylor said. Rosas worked for a Bally's Total Fitness corporate office and lived with family members in Norwalk. Manai, who worked for Hertz Corp., lived with his mother in Torrance, authorities said.

http://www.latimes.com/news/custom/showcase/la-me-husband28jul28.story

Is the loss of emotional control increasing throughout society? Are people, in general, losing the ability to control their emotions?

And, if so, what are the leading causes of this increased immaturity (if that isn't the only reason, what are some of the others)?

Please add to this everyone...I'm a student of people, and would love to have more input.

Hi Toby

First of all I put this in bizarre news by mistake, it was supposed to be in crimes in the news... I don't want to make light of a woman being killed by her husband.

Having said that, something was definately askew in this marriage being that he lived with his Mother :confused: and she with her family.

I am going to see what else I can find on this couple and follow the trial... assuming he pleads not-guilty.

Unbelievable! Lots os crazies out there.

Hey, Casshew, why are your posts so long lengthwise (i.e. why do you have to scroll back and forth to read your posts?). Everyone else's posts fit on the monitor but yours in all the newer threads don't...they are double size right to left???????

Toby- I am curious about this question as well. I konw many have speculated that people have become desensitized to violence because of all the video game/ blow 'em up Hollywood stuff. Impulse control is a curious and troubling issue.....why do some folks just 'go off' and others step back?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ignoreme123
Back