GUILTY IN - Melinda Lindsey, 23, shot to death, Porter County, 16 Jan 2015 - #1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tricia

Manager Websleuths.com
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Steven Lindsey, 35, has been arrested and charged with murder in the Jan. 16 shooting death of his wife, Melinda Lindsey, 23, in Porter County.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/subur...tb-lindsey-arrest-st-0213-20150212-story.html

We are starting a new thread for the shooting death of Melinda Lindsey.

The last thread was filled with non-mainstream media links. Too many to remove which is why we are starting fresh.

Please remember we do not allow outside blogs, non-mainstream media sites, comments from other websites, and no Facebook or Twitter unless approved first.

Thank you for your participation on Websleuths

Tricia

Thank you so much for this! This is the case that brought me here, but I could never find the thread! I am so glad to hear that they arrested the husband. His story was weak from the outset. I just feel so sorry for Melinda's daughter and his son by his first wife. Such a tragedy.

Thank you so much, Tricia and other mods for all your hard word getting this thread back up!!

His story is completely weak. Choked unconscience, but heard the gunshot while unconscience. Lifted by his neck & put in a choke hold from behind to the point of blacking out and dragged into daughter's bedroom. Bound with ONE zip-tie (that was somewhat loose) on his wrists behind his back. Nothing on his legs. Gunshot residue on him, but claims not shooting a weapon; the baby standing in her crib described as "calm" by the responding officers after a life or death struggle; A $1M dollar + $100,000 accidental death clause life insurance policy on a 23yo housewife; a wife who was trying to leave him; wife shot with her own gun; big dog in the house; no indication of forced entry;
Wow.

Seeing as a choke hold will only put you out for 30-45 seconds!! Then makes it an appoint to tell the judge he is on meds for anxiety and depression.. Hmm I feel a bs plea coming on.. Ugh

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

His story is completely weak. Choked unconscience, but heard the gunshot while unconscience. Lifted by his neck & put in a choke hold from behind to the point of blacking out and dragged into daughter's bedroom. Bound with ONE zip-tie (that was somewhat loose) on his wrists behind his back. Nothing on his legs. Gunshot residue on him, but claims not shooting a weapon; the baby standing in her crib described as "calm" by the responding officers after a life or death struggle; A $1M dollar + $100,000 accidental death clause life insurance policy on a 23yo housewife; a wife who was trying to leave him; wife shot with her own gun; big dog in the house; no indication of forced entry;
Wow.
Lol. You should give the closing statement for the prosecutor. I would find him guilty just by listening to this quick detailed run down you just gave. Thanks.

....lol....
And don't forget the aftermath...
He left his wife's body at the ME's office for DAYS without claiming her; Then he had her CREMATED without a service; he immediately took down her Facebook account; and then got busy trying to claim the life insurance money.

So yeah...just the circumstantial evidence is SO BAD. I can't wait to hear the rest of the evidence they have that hasn't been released.

The investigators had him show them by replaying how he made the 9-11 call with his hands behind his back. He couldn't recreate it.

....lol....
He left his wife's body at the ME's office for DAYS without claiming her; Then he had her CREMATED without a service; he immediately took down her Facebook account; and then got busy trying to claim the life insurance money.
Wow. They need to send monthly reminders to spouses that have big policies out on them. Sometimes a conniving spouse will tripple the policy without the other knowing. So sad.

Husband or not. Iam seeing my daughter and making all arraignments. For both their funerals. Hers and his.

Man, i just cant even believe the laws... i cant believe her parents had NO rights at all, it eats at me

This guy doesn't seem like the brightest bulb. There were also no signs of a struggle, nothing that indicates forced entry and no footprints in the snow around the house. I really don't know how he thought he was going to get away with this.

Wow.

Thank you from me too. I've now read the rules and won't post anything I shouldn't. This was the crime that brought me here also. Such a tragedy - and such an incredibly weak story it beggars belief. i hope the people around him aren't going to ruin themselves financially in order to pay for a lawyer for him.

....lol....

Has LE said if he was under the influence of drugs or alcohol? Shooting a sleeping person is an incredible act of cowardice.

JMO

Seeing as a choke hold will only put you out for 30-45 seconds!! Then makes it an appoint to tell the judge he is on meds for anxiety and depression.. Hmm I feel a bs plea coming on.. Ugh
If he did it he did it, and I can't imagine any judge letting him off because he was taking meds for depression, anxiety, or anything else. This was no crime of passion, and there was certainly no temporary insanity - it was coldly planned and executed. He knew what he was doing when he killed her and he knew what he was doing when he staged the scene and lied to the cops, so I wouldn't worry too much about a BS plea.

Personally I think the best he can do for himself is plead guilty in exchange for less time. The evidence we know about is SO damning - and there's probably more we don't know. If he thinks he's going to BS his way out of this he's even dumber than we know - and we know he's pretty dumb.

I'm from Valparaiso & although there was little info given out by le I had no doubt they would nail him. Hoping this scum will plead guilty or take the cowards way out & save the taxpayers the cost of a trial & a court appointed attorney.

I also wonder what Steven's brother knows. From this article, Steven went to live with his brother before Melinda's murder and he called him after the first 911 call and before the second. http://www.chicagotribune.com/subur...tb-lindsey-arrest-st-0213-20150212-story.html
When the arrest was first announced i thought I saw he was charged with murder and conspiracy. That makes me wonder who the co-conspirator was. I thought maybe the insurance agent who sold him the policy - but maybe his brother was part of it too. If that's what the cops think his brother should soon be arrested for conspiracy to commit murder also.

I also wonder what Steven's brother knows. From this article, Steven went to live with his brother before Melinda's murder and he called him after the first 911 call and before the second. http://www.chicagotribune.com/subur...tb-lindsey-arrest-st-0213-20150212-story.html

I wonder about this too. The original charge was Felony murder and Conspiracy. But then in the preliminary hearing, it's just the murder. I wonder who the conspiracy involved? The brother maybe? And did he flip? This could get interesting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member