TX - Linda Vu, 24, & Charlotte Ellis, 69, murdered, Houston, Jan-Feb 2015

OkieGranny

Retired WS Staff
Reaction score
2499a95e-dfe6-4180-b716-7aed3eee7c06_zpsihnwnkif.jpg

http://www.khou.com/story/news/crim...g-of-northwest-harris-county-mother/22584931/

The boyfriend of a woman who was fatally stabbed Tuesday while her two young children were nearby has been arrested and charged with murder, Harris County Sheriff's Office deputies said.

Dante Thomas, 20, and the victim, Linda Vu, lived together with Vu's children and one other roommate at an apartment complex located on Antoine at Fairview Forest Drive.

Thomas told deputies that he and Vu got into an argument and he stabbed her.

His bail was set at $50,000.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/nat...er-arrested-double-shooting-article-1.2114827

A Texas man out on bail for the stabbing death of his girlfriend now faces a pending murder charge for the killing of his aunt, who was gunned down in a shopping mall parking lot, authorities said.

Dante Thomas, 20, was being questioned by Houston police Friday in connection with the shooting that left Charlotte Ellis, 69, dead, and her daughter, Demetra Ellis, 45, seriously wounded, according to law enforcement officers... The dead woman is Thomas' aunt and the survivor, who may lose her eyesight, is his cousin.

Court documents show Thomas was at the mall Thursday night and called his mother, sobbing, saying he had killed both, KHOU-TV reported.

If someone murders another person they should never be let free. Imo they have relinquished their rights to walk among the rest of us. :(
:moo:

Rest gently, Linda and Charlotte.

Who gets out on bond in a homicide case? Come on, Texas! Get a grip!

They say that since he had no previous record he could bond out. He murdered the girlfriend in front of the children and left them there with their dead mother ( who was stabbed 7 times). He then takes her cell phone and car and runs off. I think all is enough for no bail. I guess you get one free murder there, no matter the facts of the murder.

Why did they even CONSIDER giving him bail???

I think the Constitutional guarantee of due process means the government can't incarcerate someone without first convicting them in a trial (or receiving a voluntary guilty plea) unless public safety or the interests of justice require it.

Obviously in retrospect the court erred but the bar against arbitrary detention is why it's so common for defendants to be offered bail. I think you see it even in serial killer type cases where they just set it impossibly high to avoid possible appeals, I guess.

Not sure about all this, maybe someone who has researched it can explain.

bgbonzo: I think your explanation is fine, but it shows the world of difference between theory and the real world that most of us live in.

Feb 2015:

Thomas had posted $50,000 bail on Jan. 31 for the stabbing death of Linda Vu, 24, his live-in girlfriend. He told officers he killed the woman, while her two children were at home, after they argued, KPRC-TV reported.

He was out on bond when the shooting attack occurred Thursday at about 7:30 p.m.

The dead woman is Thomas' aunt and the survivor, who may lose her eyesight, is his cousin.

http://m.nydailynews.com/news/natio...er-arrested-double-shooting-article-1.2114827

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pandamom76
Back