700 users online (92 members and 608 guests)  

The Killing Season - Websleuths

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Crime Of Nature? Woman Makes Yogurt With Bacteria

Crime Of Nature? Woman Makes Yogurt With Bacteria From Her Vagina

Budding baker and MD/PhD-enrolled student Cecilia Westbrook thinks women should add more than love to their kitchen creations.

How about a pinch of bacteria from your own vagina?

According to Westbrook, who’s currently enrolled at the University of Wisconsin, the vagina is home to tons of healthy micro-organisms that produce lactic acid, hydrogen peroxide and more, so why not take that personal probiotic knowledge and apply it to cooking?

Obvious answers aside, here’s how Westbrook extracted the… uh… ingredients:

“The ‘collection method’ was done with a wooden spoon. [Westbrook] set up a positive control (made with actual yogurt as the starter culture) and a negative control (plain milk with nothing added), and combined her own home-made ingredient to the third batch of yogurt. Left overnight, the magic of biology created a respectably-sized bowl.”

So, how did the dessert taste?
    http://crimefeed.com/2015/02/cecilia...ationDiscovery
    Last edited by los2188; 02-14-2015 at 03:47 PM.
    "When from a long distant past nothing persists, after the people are dead, after things are broken and scattered, still alone, more persistent, more faithful, the smell and taste of things remain poised a long, long time like souls, ready to remind us, waiting, hoping for their moment amid the ruins of all the rest, and bear unfaltering in the tiny and almost impalpable drop of their essence the vast structure of recollection."

Bessie: Please change the name of this thread. I find it disgusting. Thank you.
    You can fool some of the people some of the time; But guess what? The Bus Stops Here (Life No Parole/ Don't Pass Go: Don't Collect Your $200)

Done. If you find it offensive, please just don't read it.
    "When from a long distant past nothing persists, after the people are dead, after things are broken and scattered, still alone, more persistent, more faithful, the smell and taste of things remain poised a long, long time like souls, ready to remind us, waiting, hoping for their moment amid the ruins of all the rest, and bear unfaltering in the tiny and almost impalpable drop of their essence the vast structure of recollection."

Quote Originally Posted by DexterMorgan View Post
    Bessie: Please change the name of this thread. I find it disgusting. Thank you.
    You don't have to eat the darn stuff, geesh! Lol
    "What is more frightening than any particular policy or ideology is the widespread habit of disregarding facts.”
    --Thomas Sowell

It's off beat and strange news for sure. I just thought it was interesting that there's this campaign, so to speak, about how yogurt helps women down stairs and now this person made it with bacteria down there. The good thing is, is that not all of us giggle at the word vagina.

Quote Originally Posted by los2188 View Post
    Crime Of Nature? Woman Makes Yogurt With Bacteria From Her Vagina

http://crimefeed.com/2015/02/cecilia...ationDiscovery
    I saw this story earlier on a news site. Yuck!! I cannot believe you posted this . . . but then it is hilarious at the same time! But yuck!
    "If you are lucky enough to find a way of life you love, you have to find the courage to live it."
    - John Irving in A Prayer for Owen Meany

Unless I provide a link or refer to a specific link, all my ramblings are theories, speculation, scenarios based on what info is available and my own unique life experiences.

long live Lactobacillus acidophilus! Actually, the indigenous lactobacilli keep the pH acidic and the "nasty bugs" away!

and..................NO, not interested in trying this home recipe!
    “Hic locus est ubi mors gaudet succure vitae”– Giovanni Margagni

"This is the place where death rejoices to teach those who live."-
    Giovanni Margagni

Quote Originally Posted by los2188 View Post
    Done. If you find it offensive, please just don't read it.
    I have no problem with this article. But maybe as far as the title; The mods and or others may have felt the same way since it pops up throughout the activity page. But atleast its in the right forum. I meant no harm.
    You can fool some of the people some of the time; But guess what? The Bus Stops Here (Life No Parole/ Don't Pass Go: Don't Collect Your $200)

Quote Originally Posted by DexterMorgan View Post
    I have no problem with this article. But maybe as far as the title; The mods and or others may have felt the same way since it pops up throughout the activity page. But atleast its in the right forum. I meant no harm.
    Dexter, you know I love you (for obvious reasons), but the word "vagina" shouldn't be taboo, gross, offensive, or disgusting.

You would never catch me eating the above mentioned stuff, but the word "vagina" is just another part of our bodies...like a nose.
    "What is more frightening than any particular policy or ideology is the widespread habit of disregarding facts.”
    --Thomas Sowell

Quote Originally Posted by JLSChook View Post
    Dexter, you know I love you (for obvious reasons), but the word "vagina" shouldn't be taboo, gross, offensive, or disgusting.

You would never catch me eating the above mentioned stuff, but the word "vagina" is just another part of our bodies...like a nose.
    This took an interesting twist.
    Unless I provide a link, every one of my posts are to be considered rumor, Speculation, or simply MY OWN OPINION.

“It is better to remain silent at the risk of being thought a fool, than to talk and remove all doubt of it.”

The missing and murdered cannot cry out for Justice. It is the duty for the living to do so for them.

I stand with Standing Rock!

We spoke, prayers were answered!

http://abcnews.go.com/US/army-grant-...ry?id=43969890

Hmmm, maybe it should be moved downstairs to the "What's Cooking" threads...?

gag face.jpg

My immediate and very visceral response to this whole story. Quickly followed by

grossed out.jpg

eventually leaving me

laughing.gif

Websleuths now on Facebook

Welcome to all new members. Thank you for joining the conversation. Please take a moment to become familiar with the TOS and rules, etiquette and information.

mni wiconi I Stand With Standing Rock

If it were my own, I'd give it a go, why not?

Well, there's her 15 minutes of fame!

There is a bit more to this story.

She made the yoghurt in answer to something...

http://i100.independent.co.uk/articl...ay--gJVN8tGrhx

'Natural Harvest'. A complete book of sperm-based recipes. That's one of my favorite desserts on the cover but it ain't anymore.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/1481..._1424031399412
    Attached Images Attached Images
    We 'embraced' the missing Bob Harrod case as requested but 6 years on, are still waiting for further guidance

Flyers/FB/Case Overview&Media Links
    http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...2009-19/page22

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast