Crime Of Nature? Woman Makes Yogurt With Bacteria

los2188

North Carolina Tar Heels..your NCCA Champs!!
Reaction score
Crime Of Nature? Woman Makes Yogurt With Bacteria From Her Vagina
cecilia-westbrook.jpg

Budding baker and MD/PhD-enrolled student Cecilia Westbrook thinks women should add more than love to their kitchen creations.

How about a pinch of bacteria from your own vagina?

According to Westbrook, who’s currently enrolled at the University of Wisconsin, the vagina is home to tons of healthy micro-organisms that produce lactic acid, hydrogen peroxide and more, so why not take that personal probiotic knowledge and apply it to cooking?

Obvious answers aside, here’s how Westbrook extracted the… uh… ingredients:

“The ‘collection method’ was done with a wooden spoon. [Westbrook] set up a positive control (made with actual yogurt as the starter culture) and a negative control (plain milk with nothing added), and combined her own home-made ingredient to the third batch of yogurt. Left overnight, the magic of biology created a respectably-sized bowl.”

So, how did the dessert taste?
http://crimefeed.com/2015/02/cecili...um=social&utm_campaign=InvestigationDiscovery

Bessie: Please change the name of this thread. I find it disgusting. Thank you.

Done. If you find it offensive, please just don't read it.

It's off beat and strange news for sure. I just thought it was interesting that there's this campaign, so to speak, about how yogurt helps women down stairs and now this person made it with bacteria down there. The good thing is, is that not all of us giggle at the word vagina.

:happydance: long live Lactobacillus acidophilus! Actually, the indigenous lactobacilli keep the pH acidic and the "nasty bugs" away!

and..................NO, not interested in trying this home recipe! :laughing:

Done. If you find it offensive, please just don't read it.
I have no problem with this article. But maybe as far as the title; The mods and or others may have felt the same way since it pops up throughout the activity page. But atleast its in the right forum. I meant no harm.

I have no problem with this article. But maybe as far as the title; The mods and or others may have felt the same way since it pops up throughout the activity page. But atleast its in the right forum. I meant no harm.

Dexter, you know I love you (for obvious reasons), but the word "vagina" shouldn't be taboo, gross, offensive, or disgusting.

You would never catch me eating the above mentioned stuff, but the word "vagina" is just another part of our bodies...like a nose. :D

Dexter, you know I love you (for obvious reasons), but the word "vagina" shouldn't be taboo, gross, offensive, or disgusting.

You would never catch me eating the above mentioned stuff, but the word "vagina" is just another part of our bodies...like a nose. :D

This took an interesting twist. :floorlaugh:

Hmmm, maybe it should be moved downstairs to the "What's Cooking" threads...? :D

gag face.jpg

My immediate and very visceral response to this whole story. Quickly followed by

grossed out.jpg

eventually leaving me

laughing.gif

If it were my own, I'd give it a go, why not?

Attachments

• 51YMXwaUioL._SY400_.jpg
    51YMXwaUioL._SY400_.jpg
    25.2 KB · Views: 48
Also, while on the subject of things a person has kind of hanging around; an Austrian scientist cracked the secret of bellybutton lint back in 2009 - after three years studying the fluff in his own navel.

'After three years of research, Georg Steinhauser, a chemist, has discovered a type of body hair that traps stray pieces of lint and draws them into the navel.

Dr Steinhauser made his discovery after studying 503 pieces of fluff from his own belly button.'

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/new...vealed-The-secrets-of-belly-button-fluff.html

I wonder, did the blueberries give their informed consent to be a part of this?

Honestly? Now that I think about it, it really isn't that gross. It seems that at least some of the bacteria in the vagina is the same as the bacteria used to make yogurt. And so long as the woman is healthy and doesn't have any sort of infection down there ... well, it isn't really that different from the yogurt you buy at the store. I'd be surprised if it tasted any different from Greek or Indian yogurt. We just get grossed out because of the source of that bacteria.

I'd try it. YOLO

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cabinsleuth
Back