941 users online (126 members and 815 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    whatever may have happened, I hope they find Mike. I've followed this since the beginning, and it's heartbreaking.

MG

Quote Originally Posted by connieallbright
    It isn't one way or the other with me. I did get a strange feeling from the letter on the findmike website and the open letter from his parents on the lapd website, that there must have been some leaning towards a voluntary disappearence.

I did think the picture jodierenee singled out looks the most like him.

http://i7.tinypic.com/2evufpz.jpg

I gridded it out in Photoshop and the major features line up perfectly. The eye sockets, the distance from the forehead to the peaks in the eyebrows...

What wasn't clear to me was the profile (in Spanish). Anyone know if Michael spoke Spanish?
    Wow - that photo does look (to me) a lot like Michael, esp the lips, nose, and hair. I noticed that the parents' webpage mentions that Michael's case was featured on "Primer Impacto" which is a Spanish-language news show, so it's possible that they are a Spanish-speaking family.

Next to the MySpace photo it says "Who will separate us from the love of Christ."

The second comment left on the MySpace site says something along the lines of "Hi cousin, how are you? It's been awhile since I've heard from you."

I enlarged this one from the other myspace website
    http://i7.tinypic.com/34790no.jpg

Thanks for the translation, annemc2. Just checked on the FindMike website -- there is a Spanish version of his missing persons bulletin.

Has anybody submitted this tip to the proper people (listed on the www.findmikenow.com site)? It's worth checking out, IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by annemc2
    Has anybody submitted this tip to the proper people (listed on the www.findmikenow.com site)? It's worth checking out, IMO.
    I emailed them a couple days ago to let them know of the discussion on this board. Felt REALLY weird -- like I was crossing over a line.

Michael's case has been on my mind a great deal lately. Especially with the ongoing search for Purdue student Wade Steffey.

yeah..i always hate contacting people when i have a hunch or a lead....but you just gotta think...what if you're right? Then it would be soooooo worth it!

i think they usually appreciate somebody cares and in cases like Michael Negrete's they appreciate that somebody is still talking about their missing. it must be soooooooo painful to see everybody's life going forward and yours is just frozen to a moment in time with heartbreak and uncertainty. I really feel for them.

I never heard of this case till tonight - but need to know a couple things. Does anyone know of more info on the sketch of the person seen around that dorm that night? Height,weight, age? It is so hard to tell from the picture.

Thanks!!!!!

this is from the Daily Bruin website posted back in 2000:
    http://www.dailybruin.ucla.edu/archives/id/2146/

...after months without a solid lead, detectives released a sketch in July of a man allegedly seen on Negrete’s floor the night he disappeared.

The man, who was reportedly wearing a gray jacket with a turquoise design, is described as white, 35 years old, 5 feet 7 inches, with a heavy build and no facial hair. Police are still looking for him.

thanks

still thinking of mike every day.
    MG

Still thinking of mike as well His birthday is coming up. I think that picture sure does look like him in all features.

Website set up by Mike's family:

http://www.findmikenow.com/

Hello,

I'm new to this forum and only registered because I was thinking about Mike for some odd reason.

I heard of his disappearance a number of years ago and thought it was very strange circumstances.

I knew Mike from Long Beach Poly high school, before he transferred to the school in San Diego (though not outside of school interaction). He was involved in the Jazz/Marching/Steel drum bands if I recall correctly, and was exceptionally talented. He also knew it, and I think that had a tendency to come across as a bit cocky to some people.

He was a pretty small guy in terms of stature when I knew him, and none of those previous pictures seem like him to me (especially the boxer).

The only details I recall hearing about his disappearance was that he left his room without his shoes. I didn't know about the online game, and I think that has a lot of value to it, depending on what game it was and his level of involvement (IE online hearts is one thing, a roleplaying game or MUD is another).

From personal experience, certain gaming communities are rather tight knit, to the level of developing rather personal relationships or heated conflicts. Griefing and bullying could be quite common in some cases. The anonymity of a computer screen tends to bring out the best and worse in people, though it doesn't seem apparent if his internet activity had anything to do with his disappearance.

At the time of his disappearance there weren't nearly as many online games as there are nowadays, either, though I am doubtful about what could come of it this far out.

James--

Since you knew Mike personally, do you have any theories, ideas or feelings about what may have happenned?

You mentioned he could be percieved as cocky, any inkling that this could have lead to a confrontration of some sort?

Did he have a lot of friends on campus?

Also, you may have seen the photo of the person of interest in the case. Do you know if (seemingly out of place) visitors were common in these dorms?

THANKS for any guidance or insight.

Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast