CANADA Canada - Claudio Cara, 56, Oshawa, Ont, 15 Feb 2012

Tugela

Former Member
Reaction score
Here is an interesting case that made the news recently.

http://www.msn.com/en-ca/news/canad...ccused-killers-innocence/ar-AA9oNNm?ocid=iehp

Apparently some guy is launched a law suit against the local police for false arrest after his arrest for his fathers murder. It seems that the time of death could be accurately determined from the pacemaker data from the device his father was wearing. The son spent 10 months in prison until his lawyers found the data buried in in the collected evidence when discovery was made.

Here is an interesting case that made the news recently.

http://www.msn.com/en-ca/news/canad...ccused-killers-innocence/ar-AA9oNNm?ocid=iehp

Apparently some guy is launched a law suit against the local police for false arrest after his arrest for his fathers murder. It seems that the time of death could be accurately determined from the pacemaker data from the device his father was wearing. The son spent 10 months in prison until his lawyers found the data buried in in the collected evidence when discovery was made.

that's fascinating information -- didn't know that!

I don't think the son deserves $5Million for his troubles though........reading the article carefully

Well, he will face a lifetime of suspicion and consequence though. Although he was cleared, someone doing any sort of search on him will come up with references on the internet relating to him being charged with murder of his father. People will read that but not the rest of it and think he is a murderer. And that will last forever.

If the police had done a proper investigation they should never have arrested him, since they had the information to eliminate him as a suspect right from the beginning.

From February:

http://www.thestar.com/news/gta/201...cemaker-proved-accused-killers-innocence.html

Claudio Cara is buried at Resurrection Cemetery in Whitby. Feb. 15 marks the three-year anniversary of his death. His son has no indication police have any strong leads or suspicions.

The Durham police website lists the slaying as an unsolved homicide. A posting dated June 12, 2014, says a “project team” is investigating and asks anyone with information to contact the homicide unit or CrimeStoppers.

ByMoya DillonOshawa This Week
Tuesday, January 9, 2024
''The family of Claudio Cara is appealing to the public for assistance as the 12th anniversary of his killing approaches.
Cara, 56, was stabbed five times in the kitchen of his Oshawa home on the morning of Feb. 15, 2012. Now, nearly 12 years later, the family is still seeking answers.''

''At the time of the murder, police said they believed Claudio met with someone when he was out the night before he died, but the existence or identity of that person was never confirmed''.

ByMoya DillonOshawa This Week
Tuesday, January 9, 2024
''The family of Claudio Cara is appealing to the public for assistance as the 12th anniversary of his killing approaches.
Cara, 56, was stabbed five times in the kitchen of his Oshawa home on the morning of Feb. 15, 2012. Now, nearly 12 years later, the family is still seeking answers.''

''At the time of the murder, police said they believed Claudio met with someone when he was out the night before he died, but the existence or identity of that person was never confirmed''.
You beat me to it. I just stopped by to see if anyone had already posted about Claudio.
He is my neighbors cousin. I only knew him to say hi when I'd see him visitng my neighbor.
He would say hi if he saw us out shopping. He seemed like a nice guy.
Hopefully his killer will eventually be caught.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cariboucampfire73
Back