749 users online (119 members and 630 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 83 1 2 3 11 51 ... LastLast
    los2188 is offline North Carolina Tar Heels..your NCCA Champs!!

NV - Tammy Meyers, 44, fatally shot at her Las Vegas home, 12 Feb 2015 - #1

Woman Shot in Las Vegas 'Road Rage' Incident Dies

Tammy Meyers, a nurse and mother of four, who was shot outside her house after what Las Vegas police said was a "road range(sic) incident with another vehicle" died tonight, a family member said.

Susan Ramos, a cousin of the Meyers family, told ABC News that she died at 7:05 p.m. MT.

Meyers was shot Thursday after a confrontation with several people in another vehicle when she was on the way home from giving her daughter a driving lesson at a nearby school, according to the Las Vegas Metropolitan Police Department.

The other vehicle followed her home, and when she got out of her car some(sic) started shooting.

Meyers' 15-year-old daughter ran into the house before the shooting, and did not witness the incident.
    https://gma.yahoo.com/husband-las-ve...opstories.html
    Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

"When from a long distant past nothing persists, after the people are dead, after things are broken and scattered, still alone, more persistent, more faithful, the smell and taste of things remain poised a long, long time like souls, ready to remind us, waiting, hoping for their moment amid the ruins of all the rest, and bear unfaltering in the tiny and almost impalpable drop of their essence the vast structure of recollection."

Quote Originally Posted by AngelaH View Post

my concern is that she was driving home to get help of/from her 23 yr old son --- why involve him and expose him to danger??

why not call 911?

jmho
    Just My Opinion

Police won't come out to an accident here unless there are injuries. She probably fled home after the argument erupted. (She was already near her home). The whole situation is tragic. I have a feeling this guy will be identified soon. There were multiple people in the car.

Quote Originally Posted by newone View Post
    my concern is that she was driving home to get help of/from her 23 yr old son --- why involve him and expose him to danger??

why not call 911?

jmho
    In addition to this woman losing her life, what is also tragic is the perpetrator(s) in the vehicle also now know where her family lives. Unfortunately she most likely did not realize how dangerous the situation was or she wouldn't have gone home.

Hopefully there will be an arrest very soon.

MOO
    Rest in Peace
    Joey, Summer, Gianni & Joseph Mateo

los2188 is offline North Carolina Tar Heels..your NCCA Champs!!

Massive Manhunt for Suspect in Woman's 'Road Rage' Killing

Massive Manhunt for Suspect in Woman's 'Road Rage' Killing

Finding the person who shot and killed a Las Vegas mother of four after an apparent road rage incident is a top priority for police, a spokeswoman said today. Tammy Meyers, a nurse who was shot outside her house after what Las Vegas police said was a "road range incident with another vehicle," died Saturday tonight, a family member told ABC News.

LVMPD spokeswoman Laura Meltzer said today that detectives are "doing everything they can to find the suspect or suspects." Meyers was shot Thursday after a confrontation with several people in another vehicle when she was on the way home from giving her daughter a driving lesson at a nearby school, police said. The other vehicle followed her home, and when she got out of her car, police say someone started shooting.

Meyers' 15-year-old daughter ran into the house before the shooting, and did not witness the incident. Police say one of her brothers came out of the house and fired back at the other vehicle.
    http://abcnews.go.com/US/massive-man...ry?id=28988339
    Last edited by los2188; 02-16-2015 at 12:50 AM.
    Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

"When from a long distant past nothing persists, after the people are dead, after things are broken and scattered, still alone, more persistent, more faithful, the smell and taste of things remain poised a long, long time like souls, ready to remind us, waiting, hoping for their moment amid the ruins of all the rest, and bear unfaltering in the tiny and almost impalpable drop of their essence the vast structure of recollection."

Something hinky here? Maybe not. And yet....

Quote Originally Posted by wfgodot View Post
    and her son came outside and started shooting?? ((in MSM video))

and there is a cctv captured photo of suspect vehicle ?

will have to check the video report again but thought it said captured cctv frame of suspect vehicle was when it was driving by the house??

https://gma.yahoo.com/husband-las-ve...opstories.html

in the daily mail there is a totally ''different take''

"Meyers, 49, said he was in Los Angeles on business when the shooting occurred. He said he believed the two cars crashed at some point; the Buick had slight damage to molding on the passenger side."
    In that video (previous to woman dying) Mr Meyers states: ''you better hope police find them before I do"

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...#ixzz3RsKcleP2
    Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook
    Last edited by newone; 02-15-2015 at 11:35 PM.
    Just My Opinion

My hinky meter is going off a bit.

Snip from the Yahoo article: " Police say one of her brothers came out of the house and fired back at the other vehicle." IMO, seems the brother was a bit quick on the draw. I wonder if the brother knew the killer and his car. MOO

Quote Originally Posted by wfgodot View Post
    Perhaps, or maybe just another gun owner reacting to her being shot outside her home.

Guns, guns, guns......

MOO
    Rest in Peace

"Young drivers can obtain an instruction (learner's) permit at age 15½. You must present proof of your identity and Nevada residential address. This is typically a certified, U.S. issued Birth Certificate, your Social Security Card and two documents to prove your address.''

http://www.dmvnv.com/nvdlteens.htm

further, in order to qualify for your driver's license

''Permit Time Limits & Restrictions

You must be 16 years old to apply for a full license. You must also:
    •hold a valid instruction permit for at least six months prior to applying
    •have no at-fault accidents in the six months prior to applying
    •have no moving violation convictions in the six months prior to applying"
    Just My Opinion

Quote Originally Posted by newone View Post
    "Young drivers can obtain an instruction (learner's) permit at age 15½. You must present proof of your identity and Nevada residential address. This is typically a certified, U.S. issued Birth Certificate, your Social Security Card and two documents to prove your address.''

http://www.dmvnv.com/nvdlteens.htm

further, in order to qualify for your driver's license

''Permit Time Limits & Restrictions

You must be 16 years old to apply for a full license. You must also:
    •hold a valid instruction permit for at least six months prior to applying
    •have no at-fault accidents in the six months prior to applying
    •have no moving violation convictions in the six months prior to applying"
    I've seen two different ages given for the daughter....14 and 15. And yes, very curious just what started this "road rage" incident.

MOO
    Rest in Peace

Local news did show cctv clip of the suspects car. They didn't say where the clip is from. I couldn't find a link for it at this time. TBH it was very quick and I couldn't even make out the model.
    If I see the video of the car I will post it.

Quote Originally Posted by AngelaH View Post
    Local news did show cctv clip of the suspects car. They didn't say where the clip is from. I couldn't find a link for it at this time. TBH it was very quick and I couldn't even make out the model.
    If I see the video of the car I will post it.
    prior to running video still frame here:

http://www.reviewjournal.com/news/la...-incident-dies

shows vehicle driving through ''residential area'' 11:22 pm - 12 Feb/15 so same evening after the incident.......hmmmm
    Just My Opinion

"He said the shooting occurred after his wife’s vehicle and a silver sedan were in a crash when she was driving home from Johnson Middle School, near the intersection of Alta and South Buffalo drives. She was teaching her daughter how to parallel park, Meyers said.
    When his wife pulled over after the crash, there was a confrontation and at least one of the three people from the other car threatened her, Meyers said.

Sensing danger, Tammy Meyers got back into her vehicle and drove away from the scene, police said. The other vehicle followed Meyers and her daughter back to the family’s house, in the 7900 block of Mt. Shasta Circle.

About 11:20 p.m., when Tammy Meyers pulled over in front of the house, someone in the other vehicle fired shots, police said. The girl was not wounded."

http://www.reviewjournal.com/news/la...-incident-dies

so there was an accident.....just who was driving at the time of impact?

driving lesson at 11 p.m. --
    Just My Opinion

Page 1 of 83 1 2 3 11 51 ... LastLast