GUILTY NV - Tammy Meyers, 44, fatally shot at her Las Vegas home, 12 Feb 2015 - #1

Status
Not open for further replies.

los2188

North Carolina Tar Heels..your NCCA Champs!!
Reaction score
Woman Shot in Las Vegas 'Road Rage' Incident Dies
HT_tammy_meyer_jef_150213_16x9_992.jpg

Tammy Meyers, a nurse and mother of four, who was shot outside her house after what Las Vegas police said was a "road range(sic) incident with another vehicle" died tonight, a family member said.

Susan Ramos, a cousin of the Meyers family, told ABC News that she died at 7:05 p.m. MT.

Meyers was shot Thursday after a confrontation with several people in another vehicle when she was on the way home from giving her daughter a driving lesson at a nearby school, according to the Las Vegas Metropolitan Police Department.

The other vehicle followed her home, and when she got out of her car some(sic) started shooting.

Meyers' 15-year-old daughter ran into the house before the shooting, and did not witness the incident.
https://gma.yahoo.com/husband-las-v...ever-done-211219602--abc-news-topstories.html

Police won't come out to an accident here unless there are injuries. She probably fled home after the argument erupted. (She was already near her home). The whole situation is tragic. I have a feeling this guy will be identified soon. There were multiple people in the car.

my concern is that she was driving home to get help of/from her 23 yr old son --- why involve him and expose him to danger??

why not call 911?

jmho
In addition to this woman losing her life, what is also tragic is the perpetrator(s) in the vehicle also now know where her family lives. Unfortunately she most likely did not realize how dangerous the situation was or she wouldn't have gone home.

Hopefully there will be an arrest very soon.

MOO

Massive Manhunt for Suspect in Woman's 'Road Rage' Killing
B92smKcIgAAyJaO.jpg

Finding the person who shot and killed a Las Vegas mother of four after an apparent road rage incident is a top priority for police, a spokeswoman said today. Tammy Meyers, a nurse who was shot outside her house after what Las Vegas police said was a "road range incident with another vehicle," died Saturday tonight, a family member told ABC News.

LVMPD spokeswoman Laura Meltzer said today that detectives are "doing everything they can to find the suspect or suspects." Meyers was shot Thursday after a confrontation with several people in another vehicle when she was on the way home from giving her daughter a driving lesson at a nearby school, police said. The other vehicle followed her home, and when she got out of her car, police say someone started shooting.

Meyers' 15-year-old daughter ran into the house before the shooting, and did not witness the incident. Police say one of her brothers came out of the house and fired back at the other vehicle.
http://abcnews.go.com/US/massive-manhunt-suspect-womans-road-rage-killing/story?id=28988339
[video=youtube;Z8Qys_RZDrU]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z8Qys_RZDrU[/video]

Something hinky here? Maybe not. And yet....

Something hinky here? Maybe not. And yet....

and her son came outside and started shooting?? ((in MSM video))

and there is a cctv captured photo of suspect vehicle ?

will have to check the video report again but thought it said captured cctv frame of suspect vehicle was when it was driving by the house??

https://gma.yahoo.com/husband-las-v...ever-done-211219602--abc-news-topstories.html

in the daily mail there is a totally ''different take''

"Meyers, 49, said he was in Los Angeles on business when the shooting occurred. He said he believed the two cars crashed at some point; the Buick had slight damage to molding on the passenger side."
In that video (previous to woman dying) Mr Meyers states: ''you better hope police find them before I do"

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...usband-vows-mystery-killer.html#ixzz3RsKcleP2
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

My hinky meter is going off a bit.

Snip from the Yahoo article: " Police say one of her brothers came out of the house and fired back at the other vehicle." IMO, seems the brother was a bit quick on the draw. I wonder if the brother knew the killer and his car. MOO

"Young drivers can obtain an instruction (learner's) permit at age 15½. You must present proof of your identity and Nevada residential address. This is typically a certified, U.S. issued Birth Certificate, your Social Security Card and two documents to prove your address.''

http://www.dmvnv.com/nvdlteens.htm

further, in order to qualify for your driver's license

''Permit Time Limits & Restrictions

You must be 16 years old to apply for a full license. You must also:
•hold a valid instruction permit for at least six months prior to applying
•have no at-fault accidents in the six months prior to applying
•have no moving violation convictions in the six months prior to applying"

"Young drivers can obtain an instruction (learner's) permit at age 15½. You must present proof of your identity and Nevada residential address. This is typically a certified, U.S. issued Birth Certificate, your Social Security Card and two documents to prove your address.''

http://www.dmvnv.com/nvdlteens.htm

further, in order to qualify for your driver's license

''Permit Time Limits & Restrictions

You must be 16 years old to apply for a full license. You must also:
•hold a valid instruction permit for at least six months prior to applying
•have no at-fault accidents in the six months prior to applying
•have no moving violation convictions in the six months prior to applying"
I've seen two different ages given for the daughter....14 and 15. And yes, very curious just what started this "road rage" incident.

:waitasec:

MOO

Local news did show cctv clip of the suspects car. They didn't say where the clip is from. I couldn't find a link for it at this time. TBH it was very quick and I couldn't even make out the model.
If I see the video of the car I will post it.

Local news did show cctv clip of the suspects car. They didn't say where the clip is from. I couldn't find a link for it at this time. TBH it was very quick and I couldn't even make out the model.
If I see the video of the car I will post it.
prior to running video still frame here:

http://www.reviewjournal.com/news/las-vegas/mother-four-shot-road-rage-incident-dies

shows vehicle driving through ''residential area'' 11:22 pm - 12 Feb/15 so same evening after the incident.......hmmmm

"He said the shooting occurred after his wife’s vehicle and a silver sedan were in a crash when she was driving home from Johnson Middle School, near the intersection of Alta and South Buffalo drives. She was teaching her daughter how to parallel park, Meyers said.
When his wife pulled over after the crash, there was a confrontation and at least one of the three people from the other car threatened her, Meyers said.

Sensing danger, Tammy Meyers got back into her vehicle and drove away from the scene, police said. The other vehicle followed Meyers and her daughter back to the family’s house, in the 7900 block of Mt. Shasta Circle.

About 11:20 p.m., when Tammy Meyers pulled over in front of the house, someone in the other vehicle fired shots, police said. The girl was not wounded."

http://www.reviewjournal.com/news/las-vegas/mother-four-shot-road-rage-incident-dies

so there was an accident.....just who was driving at the time of impact?

driving lesson at 11 p.m. --

"He said the shooting occurred after his wife’s vehicle and a silver sedan were in a crash when she was driving home from Johnson Middle School, near the intersection of Alta and South Buffalo drives. She was teaching her daughter how to parallel park, Meyers said.
When his wife pulled over after the crash, there was a confrontation and at least one of the three people from the other car threatened her, Meyers said.

Sensing danger, Tammy Meyers got back into her vehicle and drove away from the scene, police said. The other vehicle followed Meyers and her daughter back to the family’s house, in the 7900 block of Mt. Shasta Circle.

About 11:20 p.m., when Tammy Meyers pulled over in front of the house, someone in the other vehicle fired shots, police said. The girl was not wounded."

so there was an accident.....just who was driving at the time of impact?

driving lesson at 11 p.m. --
From the husband's account it appears his wife was driving when the accident occurred. To some of us it may seem strange to be practicing parallel parking at 11:00pm, however, this is Las Vegas so maybe not so odd.

MOO

From the husband's account it appears his wife was driving when the accident occurred. To some of us it may seem strange to be practicing parallel parking at 11:00pm, however, this is Las Vegas so maybe not so odd.

MOO

I understood the part where wife got back into car and drove to safety (home) but given that she was ''teaching daughter how to parallel park'' it lends the impression that at some point daughter may have been driving.

and it was a ''school night'' (Thursday 12th of Feb)...... so I found it kind of 'odd' to be teaching teen at that late hour JMHO

Just on Fox News.....after the altercation/accident, Tammy called home and alerted her son, apparently telling him that they were being followed. Her son came out of the house and defended his mother.....her husband said if he had been home all four people in the other vehicle would have been dead. Tammy was shot in her youngest son's bd and died in Valentine's Day.

'Road Rage' Shooting: Inside the Life of the Mother Gunned Down
HT_tammy_meyers_jt_150214_16x9_992.jpg

The family of the woman who was gunned down in front of her home following a road rage incident is grieving their loss and expressing sadness that her young grandchild will grow up without her. Tammy Meyers died Saturday night after being shot late Thursday evening, authorities said. Meyers, 44, had four children and one grandchild, and now the family is grappling with what their life will be like without her. Meyer's son Matthew Meyer, 20, told ABC News that his son is only 14 months old "and now I've got to deal with my son growing up without knowing his grandmother."

According to the Las Vegas Review Journal, the family had been celebrating Matthew Meyer's birthday just hours before the shooting.

Tammy Meyers' husband Robert Meyers and another one of their sons, a 23-year-old, both reportedly came out of the house and began firing back at the car, according to the Associated Press. Robert Meyers told police that he believes at least one of his son's shots hit the other car.

It was another one of her children, her 15-year-old daughter, that she was helping in the moments before the shooting, however.

Meyers had taken her daughter, whose name has not been released, on Thursday night as part of her practice before getting her driver's license.
https://gma.yahoo.com/inside-life-m...road-rage-161356981--abc-news-topstories.html

This is so very tragic. I hope they find him and prosecute him to the full extent of the law.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie