MO - Chase Yordt, 2, fatally shot by 6yo sister, Montgomery County, 31 July 2005

Oh gosh, what a tragic story. I feel so sorry for the family.

That gun should not have been in anyway possible within the child's reach, without having a child safety lock on it. What a shame. :(

Instead of "oh no, not again.

How about NEVER AGAIN...........that would suit me just fine. No child died by the hand and gun of another child.

Liz said:
That gun should not have been in anyway possible within the child's reach, without having a child safety lock on it. What a shame. :(

Yuppers. I think charges should be filed against the parents here.

Whomever was responsible for leaving a loaded gun where a child could access it, should be charged.

LE should just subsitute the child for the adult when it comes to criminal responsibility.

After all the adult is responsible for this murder, not a young child.

Like I said before, leave a loaded gun where a child will find it, and the parent will and should be held fully responsible.

After all the adult knows the gun is not a toy, the child does not.

Too many precious children die by gun violence.

Parents should teach their children from birth that guns are not to ever be touched and that if they see one they should run and tell mommy or daddy immediately. Parents need to explain that death is real and it is forever. Death happens to all of us eventually and I can't understand protecting children from it.

These parents need to be brought up for negligent homicide.

A parent who leaves a gun where a 6 year old can find it and use it are not going to be the same parents who ensure that they teach their children not to handle guns.

That is the difference between irresponsible parents and responsible parents.

Where were the parents and why was a loaded gun left with a child who apparently was unsupervised.

Teach a child about gun safety, but don't keep loaded weapons where curious children can find it. Even if a curious child find the weapon, they might play and pull the trigger. But the gun won't be loaded.

I am so glad that in Canada we have extremely strict legal gun controls and a consequently very low violence rate.

It is the illegal guns, being brought over across the boarder that is the problem. Big problem...........

But you cannot even even buy amo without a permit. So you might have an illegal gun, but it won't do you any good unless it comes with illegall amo

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bosie
Back