709 users online (100 members and 609 guests)  

Websleuths News

FL - 2 arrested after hundreds of teens cause chaos at movie theater

What would ever make anyone think it's okay to do this? And over 900 people knew this was going to happen and not one bothered to alert police. It was advertised for weeks and not one single person who saw the ad for this thing had the decency to call police?? I go to this mall. I would have been terrified! Families there were scared to death. Gun shots outside...mobs storming the theater inside. Where do you go? It's almost too frightening to leave the house anymore.

“Kids show up with guns, shooting guns in the air, robbing people, stolen cars, drugs. That’s a big concern to us,” Hopkins said."

http://www.wftv.com/news/news/local/...theater/nkBwW/
    "Life is life's greatest gift. Guard the life of another creature as you would your own because it is your own. On life's scale of values, the smallest is no less precious to the creature who owns it than the largest..." Lloyd Biggle, Jr.

Let's bring Michelle Parker home: http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...ichelle+parker

All statements made by me are based on my opinion.

I don't see where it was advertised in advance. (Do you mean the movie or the "demonstration?")

Quote Originally Posted by SeeAlice View Post
    I don't see where it was advertised in advance. (Do you mean the movie or the "demonstration?")
    If 900 teens showed up I am sure it was on Instagram, snapshot, or some other social media app.
    "If you are lucky enough to find a way of life you love, you have to find the courage to live it."
    - John Irving in A Prayer for Owen Meany

Unless I provide a link or refer to a specific link, all my ramblings are theories, speculation, scenarios based on what info is available and my own unique life experiences.

This all a part of the "HandsUpDontShoot' generation. They have learned that if they unite in large groups, they can crate chaos. JMO
    “Every day that they don’t find something is good for me.“ Billie Dunn

Thanks for the replies. I read elsewhere on the web that during the local news broadcast, they did say there was a FB page that organized it.

Must have been terrifying for other people there. Crazy that only two people were arrested.

This sounds like the granddaddy of all trash mobs. And yes, the MB riots and others like them have taught these young people they can do whatever they want to anyplace or anyone they want as long as they do it en masse. Disgusting. I have no doubt that this was organized via social media. ****s. Period. Protesting nothing. But they have watched those "peaceful" protests in Ferguson and in NY and have learned how to get away with unlawful behavior. Two measly arrests? Hundreds of teens wilding but two arrests. SMH
    Websleuths now on Facebook

Welcome to all new members. Thank you for joining the conversation. Please take a moment to become familiar with the TOS and rules, etiquette and information.

mni wiconi - Lakota for Water is Life.

Quote Originally Posted by miimaa View Post
    Must have been terrifying for other people there. Crazy that only two people were arrested.
    The cops are in a bad situation because they cannot arrest someone for 'being' in an area. They have to see them doing something illegal. And it is hard to pick out anyone specifically doing anything illegal, because it is the crowd ,as a whole, that is so intimidating.

I was in a 7/11 minimart once when a huge crowd of teens came storming inside. They were very intimidating. Many just grabbed snacks and left. The workers were crouched down under the counter. LOL I was afraid to go out to my car so I stood like a statue and waited until they left. None of them bought anything.

Quote Originally Posted by tlcya View Post
    This sounds like the granddaddy of all trash mobs. And yes, the MB riots and others like them have taught these young people they can do whatever they want to anyplace or anyone they want as long as they do it en masse. Disgusting. I have no doubt that this was organized via social media. ****s. Period. Protesting nothing. But they have watched those "peaceful" protests in Ferguson and in NY and have learned how to get away with unlawful behavior. Two measly arrests? Hundreds of teens wilding but two arrests. SMH
    Pretty sure I read about a bunch of kids (about 300, many fewer) doing the same thing at a Walgreens in North Miami after the Trayvon Martin story hit the news.

Quote Originally Posted by SeeAlice View Post
    Pretty sure I read about a bunch of kids (about 300, many fewer) doing the same thing at a Walgreens in North Miami after the Trayvon Martin story hit the news.
    There was one Friday night a few weeks ago, where there was a similar incident to this, in several major cities. I think about 8 to 12 major cities that we posted about here. there is a thread about it somewhere.

Another "wilding" in Florida. This one was up in Jacksonville at a Walmart, summer 2012. Scary.
    http://jacksonville.com/news/crime/2...nville-walmart