81-year marriage hasn't made these 99-year-olds sentimental

zwiebel

Reaction score
Dale and Alice Rockey are 99 years old and have reached their 81st wedding anniversary. A reporter from CBS News
went looking for a sweet and sentimental love story for Valentine's Day, but didn't quite get it from lovely Mr and Mrs Rockey. :)

'The Rockeys are each 99 years old. They met, as kids, just after the turn of the last century, in the small town of Hemingford, Nebraska.

"I didn't pay much attention to him, really."

Did he pay attention to her? "Not especially," replied Dale.....

How did he propose? "I asked her if she had any money!"...

So, is there a secret to how they've stayed together so long?

"Uh huh," said Alice. "I've always let him have my way!" '

Hope I can be half as sassy if I get to age 99!

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/the-longest-married-couple-tells-all/

Attachments

• alice-dale-high-school-photos-244.jpg
    alice-dale-high-school-photos-244.jpg
    30 KB · Views: 36
Dale and Alice Rockey are 99 years old and have reached their 81st wedding anniversary. A reporter from CBS News
went looking for a sweet and sentimental love story for Valentine's Day, but didn't quite get it from lovely Mr and Mrs Rockey. :)

'The Rockeys are each 99 years old. They met, as kids, just after the turn of the last century, in the small town of Hemingford, Nebraska.

Love it!!

Keeping it spicy......humour and patience

you can tell they really love each other

My granny and grandpa were married for 79 years. They got a anniversary card from President Nixon on their 75th. I love these stories!

They seem to have the same wry sense of humor. Bet it takes a good sense of humor to stay married so long. LOL

They seem to have the same wry sense of humor. Bet it takes a good sense of humor to stay married so long. LOL
Seems I remember reading a list of secrets to a lasting marriage -- thinking it appeared (as a reprint) in Dear Abby many years ago now, maybe even an article in my hometown newspaper. I could not find the same Dear Abby list on the Internet, but what I remember of such lists is that one of the secrets is having a sense of humor.

I've never known a couple married as long as 80 years, but I knew a couple who were married a little over 70 years. She was 15 when they married, he was 18 or 19. He once mentioned going to work for a business (that he was still working for in his 90's) when he was 15. The woman chimed in, "I was 15 when I went to work for [my husband].":laughing: They were the cutest couple I've known! They died just months apart, which seemed so fitting.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sarahlm8627
Back