1202 users online (211 members and 991 guests)  

Websleuths News

WV Train derailment Fayette County, Evacuation

Screen Shot 2015-02-16 at 2.19.23 PM.png

Sigman said the area near the accident is being evacuated. He said the train was carrying chemicals that emergency officials fear could explode. -

See more at: http://www.wvgazette.com/article/201....gu6N90Vg.dpuf
    Clear your mind must be, if you are to discover the real villains behind this plot. Opinion only, my posts are.

“At least one, possibly more, rail cars have gone into the Kanawha River,” Messina said. “A house fire occurred as a result of the derailment. We’re told that emergency responders are having a hard time reaching the house fire because of the derailment. - See more at: http://www.charlestondailymail.com/a....qr5uZFYF.dpuf
    http://www.charlestondailymail.com/a...DM01/150219449
    Clear your mind must be, if you are to discover the real villains behind this plot. Opinion only, my posts are.

No temptation has overtaken you except what is common to mankind. And God is faithful; he will not let you be tempted beyond what you can bear. But when you are tempted, he will also provide a way out so that you can endure it. - 1 Corinthians 10:13 (NIV)

We are all one poor choice from being a subject on this forum. Think twice.

No temptation has overtaken you except what is common to mankind. And God is faithful; he will not let you be tempted beyond what you can bear. But when you are tempted, he will also provide a way out so that you can endure it. - 1 Corinthians 10:13 (NIV)

We are all one poor choice from being a subject on this forum. Think twice.

I just want to say that Putnam Public Service's social media person is on the ball. Heading off any concern right off the bat. Well done.
    Screen Shot 2015-02-16 at 2.50.40 PM.png

WV Train derailment Fayette County, Evacuation

We have downstairs:

Back shortly with a link....

ETA: Here's the link to the post downstairs (in the Parking Lot), OP via Yoda

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...php?p=11493752

For those of you who are unfamiliar, what we hear and post in the PL stays there (like Vegas). However, we are allowed to chime in upstairs (here) to let y'all know if something is happening so Members can head down to the "basement" if they wish to see what going on. Visitors do not have access to this area.

HTH......

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by kimi_SFC; 02-16-2015 at 06:08 PM. Reason: Add link & info
    findsierralamar.com
    #JusticeForSierraLaMar #JusticeForLittleChris #JusticeForSierah #JusticeForMalik #JusticeForAnGelica #JusticeForErin #JusticeForGabbi #JusticeForBecky #JusticeForKarina #JusticeForCharli #JusticeForJoshua #JusticeForCooper #JusticeForBella #JusticeForHeatherElvis #JusticeForJenise #JusticeForOmaree #JusticeForTristan #JusticeForJordyn
    #FindSierraLaMar #FindKatelin #FindRelishaRudd #FindBabyDelano #FindBabyDaphne #FindMyraLewis #FindDeOrr

#LongLiveWebSleuths
    @

Any updates on injuries / casualties?

findsierralamar.com
    #JusticeForSierraLaMar #JusticeForLittleChris #JusticeForSierah #JusticeForMalik #JusticeForAnGelica #JusticeForErin #JusticeForGabbi #JusticeForBecky #JusticeForKarina #JusticeForCharli #JusticeForJoshua #JusticeForCooper #JusticeForBella #JusticeForHeatherElvis #JusticeForJenise #JusticeForOmaree #JusticeForTristan #JusticeForJordyn
    #FindSierraLaMar #FindKatelin #FindRelishaRudd #FindBabyDelano #FindBabyDaphne #FindMyraLewis #FindDeOrr

#LongLiveWebSleuths
    @

Are we only supposed to discuss this in the PL? I'm confused. Surely this is a "current event"!

Quote Originally Posted by Nova View Post
    Are we only supposed to discuss this in the PL? I'm confused. Surely this is a "current event"!
    Hi Nova. No, kim just linked the scanner thread because we had are ears on listening to the evacuations.

Press Release from Senator Manchin

Our office is closely in touch with federal, State and local officials, CSX representatives, residents and emergency responders in Fayette and Kanawha Counties, where today’s devastating train derailment has forced many local residents to evacuate the area. I know that there are many West Virginians in need, and we are doing everything we possibly can to help get the necessary resources and assistance as quickly as we can. Please remember to lend a helping hand to your neighbors at this time. As always, you can call any of my office numbers for assistance.
    http://www.manchin.senate.gov/public/index.cfm/press-releases?ID=c62558ef-74f4-4d0e-a1e9-8f233611da00

Quote Originally Posted by kimi_SFC View Post
    Any updates on injuries / casualties?

I haven't seen anything in MSM.

Rachel Maddow Show talked about this tonight. Cars were filled with crude oil. Some has gotten into the river. The river supplies water to the surrounding residents so they shut the water until they can figure out what to do. She talked with a resident who heard the initial explosion. He thought an airliner had crashed but when his wife finally got thru to 911, they learned of the derailment. His wife is disabled so they elected not to evacuate and so far so good.