GUILTY OH - Brian Golec, 22, reconnects with bio-dad, is stabbed to death, Akron, 2015

zwiebel

Reaction score
Brian Golec, a 22-year-old from Akron, Ohio, had recently reached out to his biological dad and offered him a place to stay. Now Brian is dead and his dad, 52-year old Kevin Golec, has been charged with stabbing him to death.

'After the stabbing, Kevin Golec called 911 and investigators believe he told a series of lies to cover for the crime, including that intruders came into the home and attacked his son... Brian Golec's fiancee, Sarah Price, said Kevin Golec appeared to have a drug problem and stole money from the home, so Brian was trying to kick him out.'...

Kevin Golec is held on murder and DV charges and is due in court February 17th.

http://www.newsnet5.com/news/local-...-charged-in-stabbing-death-of-22-year-old-son

That is soooooooo sad. My heart goes out to his family. :heartbeat:

Brian Golec, a 22-year-old from Akron, Ohio, had recently reached out to his biological dad and offered him a place to stay. Now Brian is dead and his dad, 52-year old Kevin Golec, has been charged with stabbing him to death.

'After the stabbing, Kevin Golec called 911 and investigators believe he told a series of lies to cover for the crime, including that intruders came into the home and attacked his son... Brian Golec's fiancee, Sarah Price, said Kevin Golec appeared to have a drug problem and stole money from the home, so Brian was trying to kick him out.'...

Kevin Golec is held on murder and DV charges and is due in court February 17th.

http://www.newsnet5.com/news/local-...-charged-in-stabbing-death-of-22-year-old-son

Oh Brian, you tried sweetie. R.I.P. :(

I had to read this twice. Thought after a cursory read that it was the dad that offered his son a place to live and it was the son who had the drug problem. How horrible was the reality! This is a heartbreaking story.

I think the old man was just a drug addict and was angry he was being kicked out. JMO

Wonder how his adoptive parents feel. They did their best, and still wasn't enough. A shame.

From August:

http://www.ohio.com/news/break-news...was-band-member-in-murphy-s-children-1.620379

An Akron man was sentenced to life in prison after pleading guilty to one count of murder in the slaying of his son who tried to evict his dad for stealing money to feed a drug addiction...

Moments after O’Brien concluded her sentencing order by allowing for the possibility of parole after Golec serves a full 15 years, he was led quickly out of the courtroom in shackles...

Brian Golec, an aspiring minister who was praised by his mother, Christine Hamblin, as a good son and “a very loving person,” was a drummer in an Akron band, Murphy’s Children.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
megalow
Back