Identified! Canada - Mississauga, WhtMale 1979UMON, 40-65, found hanged, Nov'10 - n/a

ebonydarkness

Reaction score
http://doenetwork.org/cases/1979umon.html

Unidentified Male
Date of Discovery: November 15, 2010
Location of Discovery: Mississauga, Ontario, Canada
Estimated Date of Death: 3 mos to 2 yrs prior to discovery
State of Remains: Not stated
Cause of Death: Suicide - Found hanging in a tree, partially suspended by a rope.

Physical Description
** Listed information is approximate

Estimated Year of Birth: 1945-1970
Estimated Age: 40-65
Race: White
Height: 5'6 to 6ft
Weight: Unknown
Hair Color: Straight grey/white hair
Eye Color: Unknown

Distinguishing Marks/Features: Medium-large build. Was possibly a smoker. He may have suffered trauma to his left knee and right elbow in the past which may have caused ongoing pain. The trauma to his elbow may have limited movement in that joint

Dentals: Available (Some antemortem dental loss as well as both amalgam and composite restorations and untreated caries are present. Calculus, stain and periodontal disease is present, indicating poor dental hygiene. Dental work indicates at least 2 dentists.)
Fingerprints: Not available
DNA: Not available
Clothing & Personal Items
Clothing: Black fleece jacket with an embroidered maple leaf over the left breast region, containing the text; "Old time hockey league Est 1999". Below this is the text; "Champions 2006" The tag in the jacket reads; 'Outer Boundary Size large'. He was also wearing a black v-neck shirt (Brand D&A, size 4XL) and Wrangler jeans (Texas Stretch, W40 L30) A belt, underwear, socks and 'Croc' style sandals were also present.

Jewelry: Unknown

Additional Personal Items: Unknown

Case History

On November 16, 2010, this unidentified male was found in a wooded area at the bottom of a tree approximately 40 feet west of Mississauga Road and 100 meters north of The Collegeway on the University of Toronto at Mississauga Campus.

This was the case that really got me into UIDs. I moved into the dorms at UTM for the fall semester less than a year after this man was found, and no one talked about this case. I only found out about it months after I moved in and was browsing the OPP website one day. Saddening.

I haven't looked hard enough to find potential MP matches, but I hope you hard-working sleuths are able to give this man his name back.

The Doe Network: 1979UMON
1979UMON.jpg
1979UMON1.jpg
1979UMON2.jpg

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members