Identified! Canada - Calgary, Body in Fish Creek Park, Feb'15 - Patricia Overes

Thanks for starting this thread tarabull!
Probably quite a few concerned families waiting for autopsy results in this case.

This is the map posted on the news

Calgary temperatures have been warm, and mostly with a high above freezing for the last three months ... just an opinion that "badly decomposed" could have happened in the last few months.

And Justin McKinnon Blomme Rhodes

If Justin has been ruled out, then either this is a female body, or there are distinct clothing that do not match anything worn by Justin.

The unusual photos that were hanging from trees in Fish Creek Park related to the disappearance of Shannon Madill (Dec 18, 2014) ... last seen at home by her husband ... she left without a cell phone and wasn't reported missing until other family members became worried.

I don't mean to be rude or repulsive or disrespectful.... but... how long do you figure after death, the remains would still be referred to as a 'body'? I am just wondering because.. I was rather shocked when that U of V student was found and was already in such a state of decomposition, within such a relatively short period of time (at least it was short to me.. who, at the time had never looked into how long it takes to become skeletonized). I am wondering if this 'body' they found is a case which is more recent?

Thank you for the map and graphs otto.. is it possible to create a map showing the location of the body in relation to where both Shannon Burgess and Justin McKinnon (and any other more recent ones I may not be aware of) were last seen?

Justin has been ruled out?

If Justin has been ruled out, then either this is a female body, or there are distinct clothing that do not match anything worn by Justin.

The unusual photos that were hanging from trees in Fish Creek Park related to the disappearance of Shannon Madill (Dec 18, 2014) ... last seen at home by her husband ... she left without a cell phone and wasn't reported missing until other family members became worried.

I don't mean to be rude or repulsive or disrespectful.... but... how long do you figure after death, the remains would still be referred to as a 'body'? I am just wondering because.. I was rather shocked when that U of V student was found and was already in such a state of decomposition, within such a relatively short period of time (at least it was short to me.. who, at the time had never looked into how long it takes to become skeletonized). I am wondering if this 'body' they found is a case which is more recent?

Decomposition depends on many factors including temperature, weather, and animal activity. In this case, there is most likely animal activity (coyotes). The temperature was above freezing during many days in the last three months. The body was apparently in a treed area, which would be cooler (slower decomposition) than in an open field.

Which Virginia case are you thinking about?

Thank you for the map and graphs otto.. is it possible to create a map showing the location of the body in relation to where both Shannon Burgess and Justin McKinnon (and any other more recent ones I may not be aware of) were last seen?

It's closer to where Justin vanished, but it could be anyone. It could even be someone that has not been reported missing. The fact that the body was found in a treed area suggests either someone fell asleep in the wrong place, or there is foul play.

Hannah Graham

Decomposition depends on many factors including temperature, weather, and animal activity. In this case, there is most likely animal activity (coyotes). The temperature was above freezing during many days in the last three months. The body was apparently in a treed area, which would be cooler (slower decomposition) than in an open field.

Which Virginia case are you thinking about?

Hannah Graham

Hannah Graham was kidnapped on Sept 13 in Virginia, and her remains were found in a nearby creek bed on Oct 18, where the daily temp was between 15-25C. In Florida, a body is skeletonized in a few days.

Yes thank you, found it. Glad it is not him, but sorry for whomever it is.

My thought is that if Justin can be ruled out, then this could very well be a female body. That opens the possibility of Shannon, or perhaps someone that has not been reported missing ... a new immigrant, or a visitor.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vjeanine
Back