GUILTY NY - Sarah Strobel, 23, murdered, Huntington, 3 Oct 2013

los2188

North Carolina Tar Heels..your NCCA Champs!!
Reaction score
Sarah Strobel - Facebook Pages Rest In Peace, Sarah Strobel and Memorial Fund for Sarah Strobel
View attachment 69628
936671_398849180282271_2099777172085740801_n.jpg

Body Of Woman Discovered At Long Island Nature Preserve
Police Believe Death Of Sarah Strobel, 23, Is Suspicious
Original Story -
The body of a 23-year-old Long Island woman was discovered off a walking path Thursday morning (3 October 2013) at the Froehlich Farm Nature Preserve in Huntington, police said. A man walking on the path discovered the body of Sarah Strobel, of Huntington Station, authorities said. Police told WCBS 880’s Sophia Hall they are awaiting autopsy results but believe the death is suspicious. “My concern is I just still don’t want it to be somebody I know,” a woman who lives nearby told Hall before police identified the body. “It could be a schoolteacher. It could be a mother walking her dog. The area is “just not known for this. Anything — any murders or homicide or whatever — it’s really not known for that,” the woman added.
http://www.longislandernews.com/the-long-islander-archives/pd-sarah-strobels-death-was-a-homicide

The death of Huntington’s Sarah Strobel, whose lifeless body was discovered Oct. 3, 2013 in the Froehlich Farm Nature Preserve, is being investigated as a homicide said Second Precinct Inspector Edward Brady. Brady told the audience that the investigation remains very much an active one, and that homicide detectives are “continually looking into this.” An member at a community meeting held after her death, honed in on the relatively quick arrest in the Oct. 12 stabbing death of Walt Whitman High School student Maggie Rosales, asked Brady why the Strobel case was still unsolved. Brady said that, in the Rosales case, investigators had a situation in which evidence was ample. But Strobel’s friend Samantha Press was one of several who told Brady that a lack of feedback from police has made it feel as if Strobel’s death is being ignored. The lack of answers, she and others said, is what haunts them the most. They became friends in 2008; Press said she was the “first person I could talk to about anything” and had a gift for making her laugh. Now, that person is gone, but the questions are not – and lingering still is an undying hope that her death was not in vain.
http://newyork.cbslocal.com/2013/10/03/body-of-woman-discovered-at-long-island-nature-preserve/

INSPECTOR EDWARD BRADY TAKES QUESTIONS NOV. 19 DURING A SECOND PRECINCT COMMUNITY MEETING.
image.JPG

Suffolk County police investigate the scene at Froehlich Farm Nature Preserve, on West Rogues Path in Huntington Station.
A body was found in the woods there. (Oct. 3, 2013) Photo Credit: Chuck Fadely

10959366_10152511822671571_1106477271882717828_n.jpg
10959745_10153055402829568_7799994352223308884_n.jpg

https://www.facebook.com/restinpeacesarahstrobel

Do they have any POI's at this point?

https://www.facebook.com/events/1545788175681063/

Today would have been Sarah's 25th birthday.
Sarah's friends will hold a vigil at the Suffolk County Police Department's 2nd Precinct, where they will ask SCPD for answers regarding the homicide investigation. They will be celebrating the life that was Sarah's, as well.

The SCPD have not released any information about a POI. Nor have they announced Sarah's COD, to date.
They will only state that this is an ongoing homicide investigation. But it's been well over a year now. The public need answers and LE should have something to release by now.

Big shout out of thanks to los2188 for starting this thread!! :yourock:

Suffolk County Police Detectives are asking anyone with information on this case to call the Homicide Squad at 631-852-6392 or anonymously to Crime Stoppers at 1-800-220-TIPS. All calls will be kept confidential. SCPD tells me Lead Detective for Sarah's case is Andrew Balistreri. His # is 631-852-6425.
Please call if you have any information at all, no matter how small it may seem.

This may not be somber enough for as sad a story as this, but the newspaper headline in the first post almost made me laugh out loud.
Body of Woman Found at Long Island Nature Preserve Center
Police believe death of 23 year old Sarah Strobel is suspicious

Excuse me, but is the second line necessary? Do 23 year old women in Long Island wander off when they get chest or abdominal pain and just let themselves die in the woods? Come on, LE! Surely you can do better than that!
I honestly don't know whether to laugh or cry.

It might have been a medical issue/overdose due to no apparent external injuries at the time of discovery.

Why isn't there more about this case? So frustrating.

Bumping for Sarah. It's been 2 years and her killer is still out there.

Huntington Matters is holding a memorial vigil for murder victims Sarah Strobel, Luis Ramos-Rodriguez, Daniel Cabajal and Maggie Rosales on October 6th.
https://m.facebook.com/huntingtonmattersinc

It might have been a medical issue/overdose due to no apparent external injuries at the time of discovery.

According to the Suffolk County PD, Sarah did NOT die of an overdose. I will try again, to get any of Sarah's friends on board there, because I TRULY think their input may help!!!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BeachyTee
Back