Vanilla Ice charged with burglary related to reality show

zwiebel

Reaction score
'Ice — the stage name of Robert Van Winkle — was taken into custody Wednesday and is being charged with burglary and grand theft in connection with an incident that happened sometime within the past month, said Lantana police chief Sean Scheller. Numerous items of furniture, a pool heater, bicycles and more were stolen.'

Police say many of the items were found in Lantana, Florida, next door to a house Ice was renovating for his reality show The Vanilla Ice Project, launched in 2010. Other items were found in his home at Palm Beach County. All have been returned to their owners. Ice is said to be co-operating.

http://variety.com/2015/tv/news/van...y-the-vanilla-ice-project-florida-1201436281/

That's a bummer. I love how he's been able to re-invent himself over the years. This is an awful miss-step.

Bumbumbum dada bum bum, Ice ice baby!

IT could be that it is more than it appears. He has no need to steal anything.. I will wait to see where this goes.

What I took from the story on NBC was they arrested him because he was responsible for the property where the stolen things were found. "Lantana Police said they carried out a search warrant and found several stolen items at the neighboring home under his "care and control."" Somehow that wording doesn't say to me he was arrested for actually stealing the items. I also wonder what made them decide to get a search warrant for that location.
http://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/rapper-vanilla-ice-busted-florida-burglary-police-n308466

I too enjoy that show so I hope there is another explanation.

He's looking pretty good, I haven't seen him since his 'ice, ice, baby' days lol.

Just watched your vid at link Z, Robert says, 'It's a shame good news doesn't travel this fast.' But the reporter was little more difficult to understand, and also the vid stopped midway so didn't get all of it. :)

Revealed: Vanilla Ice 'told his work crew owned $1million mansion next door to home he was renovating for interior design show and sent them over TWICE to burgle the property'

Vanilla Ice - real name Robert Van Winkle - was arrested in Lantana, Florida

Cops say he took furniture, a pool heater and bicycles from vacant $1million home near a property he was working on for his reality show 'The Vanilla Ice Project'

He allegedly told his crew he owned the home and sent them over TWICE to burgle the property

The items were later found inside his own house, according to authorities

Van Winkle was charged with burglary and grand theft and then released

He said it was a 'misunderstanding' that was 'blown out of proportion'

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...y-property-reality-TV-show.html#ixzz3SEVSu74z

'I feel horrible - it's the worst day of my life': A teary Vanilla Ice says he hasn't slept or eaten since being arrested for burglary and grand theft at $1M Florida mansion

Vanilla Ice, 47 - real name Robert Van Winkle - was arrested in Lantana, Florida, on Wednesday and charged with burglary and grand theft

Cops say he took furniture, a pool heater and bicycles from a vacant $1million home near a property he was working on for his reality show

'The Vanilla Ice Project' reinvented Van Winkle as a renovation king

He allegedly told his crew he owned the home and sent them over twice to pilfer the property

The items were later found inside his own house, according to authorities

He says it was a 'misunderstanding' that was 'blown out of proportion'

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...d-theft-1M-Florida-mansion.html#ixzz3STmh3pAx

I have to wonder if that is all true... Or if he is taking the blame for something his crew did??

I just have to give him the benefit of the doubt right now. I want to see more about this first

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MaryEllen77
Back