Found Deceased CA - Jeanette Herum, 29, Santa Cruz, 22 Nov 2012

los2188

North Carolina Tar Heels..your NCCA Champs!!
Reaction score
Jeanette Susan Herum
jenny-herum-jpg.jpg

Santa Cruz woman vanished after giving birth at Sutter, deputies say
SANTA CRUZ >> Jeanette Susan Herum, a 29-year-old woman from Santa Cruz, gave birth to a boy at Sutter Maternity Center in November 2012. Later that day, she left the newborn at the center and vanished. Her family has not heard from her since, and she was listed as a missing person. This week, Santa Cruz County sheriff’s deputies tried to revive her case by distributing Herum’s picture to the media and offering details of her disappearance.

“Her family is extremely concerned for her welfare,” said sheriff’s Sgt. Kelly Kent. “Jeanette has strong family ties to the Santa Cruz area.”

Herum attended Santa Cruz High School and Cabrillo College and often went by “Jenny,” according to her profile on FindTheMissing.org. She is white with blond hair and blue eyes.

Herum is 5 feet 2 inches tall and weighed about 100 pounds when she went missing, authorities said. She has a bronze curved-line tattoo on her lower back, and she is now 31. Kent said Herum “has no known medical conditions that would place her at risk.” She never had been reported missing before her disappearance on Nov. 22, 2012, he said. Herum’s 2-year-old son is now living with the father’s parents, authorities said. Herum is listed as a “voluntary missing adult” at the Sheriff’s Office, and Kent said deputies have exhausted efforts to find her. Herum’s family declined to elaborate on the case.
http://www.santacruzsentinel.com/ge...s-seek-woman-who-abandoned-baby-in-santa-cruz

here's her FB
https://www.facebook.com/jenny.herum?fref=photo

I guess they have their reasons, but it would be nice if the family would come forth and share info...some little tidbit might offer some insight as to what may have happened to her.

Did she have a cell phone? Did someone go with her to have the baby or come while she was there?? If so, could she have left with them?
How was her demeanor in hospital? Was it a 'normal' birth or any complications?
hmm

found her grandfathers obit from last Feb. and she was mentioned as grandchild

found the birth announcement easily but I won't link although it is public and would rather protect the minor child at this time, and nothing has been mentioned as to any interest in the father
They weren't married, baby was born Nov 20 @ 5:24 p.m.

I wonder if she literally left THAT day?? It would have been night...

It says her disappearance was on November 22nd so that's two days... enough time for baby blues/hormone changes to set in, Mom to feel overwhelmed (rooming in with baby) and just want to leave. I worry about the possibility of suicide since it's been so long, post-childbirth hormones are just awful :(

But this article says same day...22nd?? and birth announcement said 5:24 pm....so she took off into the night??
Did she have a pocket book? Cell Phone?? Did she take, or leave, anything?? Surely she had to have gotten dressed??
http://www.fox4news.com/story/28139592/detectives-search-for-mother-who-vanished-after-giving-birth

her paternal grandmother passed in Jan 2012 ....and her mother passed in Jan 2014 and Jeanette is mentioned there too

so sad...I really wish those that know her would speak up...really, there is nothing to be ashamed of, if any one is afraid of something being unfavorable...she needs found one way or another

why can't they give more facts! this is frustrating!
WHO reported her missing? Was the area around the hospital canvassed? There is a bus stop on Soquel, what hours does it run and was bus driver shown a pic and questioned? Cameras in area?
How did she get to the hospital?
How long was she there in labor before delivery?
Was she alone? Family? Friends?
Was she in recovery still, or private/semi private room?
Was the baby rooming in or nursery? Was she originally planning to nurse?
Who noticed she was gone and what time was it?
Where was she living at the time?
Did she own a car? Where are her belongings now?
Did she work?
Had she graduated form college, or just attend @ Cabrillo?
What are her interests? Mountains? Ocean? Outdoorsy? Quiet?

I just hate to hear about that little baby fella, always gonna wonder why mama left, why and where she went...he will need the truth no matter

sad, not finding anything new...I wish family & friends would be more vocal...Please start a Facebook page or give an interview, something with more details?? I realize that it sounds like maybe a case of self harm...or, if she literally ran away, surely she took something more than the clothes on her back? No matter she deserves to be found.

It says she left the same day the baby was born, regardless of date. They probably brought the baby to her room to nurse, and she was gone.

Hopefully, she ran off knowing the baby would be okay. Maybe she's with the rainbow people living off the land, or started a new life. Super sad in any case.

No cameras or footage from outside the hospital? That's the lead that mattered most in the Teleka Patrick case! Did she catch a bus? Picked up by a car? Taxi? In hospital gown? anything????

Found deceased 😞:http://www.kion546.com/news/missing-mothers-body-found-in-santa-cruz-county/495309898

SANTA CRUZ COUNTY, Calif. - The remains of a 29-year-old mother, who went missing in 2012 after giving birth to a baby boy, have been found, according to the Santa Cruz County Sheriff's Office.

On Friday, deputies said Jeannette Herum's bones were found last year, by a couple out on a walk. After contacting the sheriff's office, forensic testing was done and the remains were identified as Herum's.

I found his fb but cant post as he isn't a POI. easy to find.

Looks like the father had violent criminal past.

This is the announcement from the Santa Cruz Sentinal: "GOERING: Nov. 20 at 5:24 p.m., to Jeanette Susan Herum and Branden Maurice Goering, Santa Cruz, a 7

http://www.ksbw.com/article/missing-santa-cruz-womans-body-found/9647351

im going to read between the lines here. she was not allowed to take her baby home from the hospital "because he needed additional medical treatment". she then left. im suspicious this means the baby tested positive for something. it is not normal for someone to go long periods of time out of contact w family who are local. there may have been substance abuse involved in this case. which would widen the likely scenarios.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Taylor Sage
Back