Angry bride marries guest when husband-to-be is taken ill

zwiebel

Reaction score
Indian weddings can last days and it was all too much for 25-year-old groom Jugal Kishore, a resident of Moradabad who had traveled to his bride's home town of Rampur for the ceremony. He has epilepsy and collapsed and had to be rushed to hospital.

He hadn't told his 23-year-old bride, Indira, about his illness. She was so mad, she turned to the nearest guest and asked if he'd marry her instead. Harpal Singh was only dressed in jeans and a sweater and was a little surprised at the offer, but accepted anyway. He married Indira there and then.

When the original intended groom returned from the hospital, he attempted to change Indira's mind but it was too late. He and his family then resorted to violence, using the wedding cutlery and crockery as weapons. No dice.

The groom also made a complaint to police, but they said there was nothing they could do and he's now withdrawn it and returned home, single.

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/...guest-in-fit-of-rage/articleshow/46277810.cms

According to the comment section of the above link,people are saying this was a correct decision for the bride. In my opinion some Indian cultures have some old fashioned or out dated beliefs when it comes to illness or a woman marrying.This is typical in smaller communities in rural areas not so much in the bigger cities.The comments are interesting.

According to the comment section of the above link,people are saying this was a correct decision for the bride. In my opinion some Indian cultures have some old fashioned or out dated beliefs when it comes to illness or a woman marrying.This is typical in smaller communities in rural areas not so much in the bigger cities.The comments are interesting.

Most marriages in India are arranged.
Given that, is it really surprising she didn't marry a guy with epilepsy?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...rried-wedding-guest-denies-epileptic-fit.html
'My fiancee's family drugged me then watched me collapse at the altar so she could marry another man': Groom whose Indian bride married wedding guest on how he was robbed of happiness

Jugal Kishore, 25, collapsed before exchanging vows with his wife-to-be
He regained consciousness two hours later and returned to wedding venue
He discovered his angry bride Indiravati, 23, had married a guest instead
Mr Kishore claims bride and her family fed him sweets laced with sedatives
Bride's family deny claim and say Mr Kishore behaved like an 'alcoholic'
He filed a report with police but families have resolved situation amicably

The plot thickens. From the article linked above, groom says he was drugged and whole wedding was just a plan to embarrass him and his family, bride's family says they were afraid groom was an alcoholic when he began throwing up at the wedding.

Bride's new husband is 'a gem of a man' apparently, so perhaps groom will also eventually find himself a new bride and the dust will settle.

Bride looks pretty miserable in the photo. Whether he had a seizure or just collapsed, it certainly doesn't look like she ever wanted to marry him.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
soababiotiling
Back