Retrial for Sentencing of Jodi Arias - Day 37

Status
Not open for further replies.
Please continue posting here.

:coffeews: We may need something stronger after this day is over.

In the last thread, someone linked Paul Sanders' notes from yesterday. He mentioned that someone in the gallery had some electronic device start beeping in the middle of testimony. Watch for a defense motion to dismiss based on that (I am only half way joking :facepalm:)

Didn't the judge tell the jury that testimony would wrap up next week? What a joke. Defense has 4 witnesses total. If you add in the typical delays that seem to follow this defense team wherever it goes, and its typical beat the dead horse/retry the whole case strategy, I would not be surprised if each witness took 1 week to finish. I also expect that sometime between now and "John Smith," the defense will come up with *advertiser censored* 3.0 (or are we at a higher number than that) which will again delay the jury trial.

In the last thread, someone linked Paul Sanders' notes from yesterday. He mentioned that someone in the gallery had some electronic device start beeping in the middle of testimony. Watch for a defense motion to dismiss based on that (I am only half way joking :facepalm:)

Didn't the judge tell the jury that testimony would rap up next week? What a joke. Defense has 4 witnesses total. If you add in the typical delays that seem to follow this defense team wherever it goes, and its typical beat the dead horse/retry the whole case strategy, I would not be surprised if each witness took 1 week to finish. I also expect that sometime between now and "John Smith," the defense will come up with *advertiser censored* 3.0 (or are we at a higher number than that) which will again delay the jury trial.

There is one person that is allowing the defense to retry the case against Travis: JSS.

I was back and forth in regards to judging JSS too harshly, BUT this is too much. A man watching *advertiser censored* is not a mitigator. And it seems the only *advertiser censored* Travis was into was Jodi's bald butt. And he paid with his life. I hope the jury is sick of this. But, I now completely blame JSS for the travesty. All 4 defense witnesses will be talking about *advertiser censored*. They should not be allowed back.

brought over from old thread because I always seem to post right as it closes.

I think that the State needs to just let the flow of bias from the defense keep going today with few interruptions. Then upon on their turn Mr Martinez needs to keep it direct and simple, specific only to Jodi's actions. Yes or no only. Questions as easy to understand as possible.
ex: are you licensed to practice in AZ?
ex: did you consider the planning and secrecy Ms Arias showed as she took her trip to AZ?
ex: was it PTSD for Ms Arias to invent many stories, cover her tracks, attend the memorial, visit his home and write the letters to the family after the killing took place?

no further questions.

Through the "fog" today, the psych testing, the computer confusion and the trashing of the victim
Never Forget

image.jpg

Good Morning taking my seat up front today.

Texmex
Beth says it's very strange that Willmott has never asked Geffner if Jodi has borderline pd

I think it's very significant. Tells me Jodi is running the defense. Remember when JA's father questioned JA about bi-polar and she went nuts till he took back what he said? And if JA won't admit to bi-polar, she will admit even less to borderline, imo. Jodi is HYPERSENSITIVE to any sort of criticism.

The only diagnosis Jodi will accept is PTSD, which in her mind justifies the death of Travis. She portrays herself in her own demented fantasies as a ninga heroine, pink eye shadow and all. Knives, ningas, masks, martial art films, revenge killings, all Jodi. No remorse.

Through the "fog" today, the psych testing, the computer confusion and the trashing of the victim
Never Forget

View attachment 69678

Great picture! Makes me smile. And as an added bonus....no JA wrapped around him. Thank you kindly, TexMex, for reminding us just who is important here...Travis!

bringing over Dmacky's comment from previous thread:

"I have always wondered who this "Heather" girl was. And IF she is a REAL PERSON, why she doesn't testify for Jodi... I think she is one of JA's fictional/imaginary friends like Steve Carroll, the guy that knows someone who owns an Art Gallery and was going to hang her artwork right smack in middle of a Picasso and Van Gogh. "

I have wondered the same Dmacky. Every time she mentioned "friends" I wonder who are they, where are they, why aren't they testifying? Like when she mentioned in her journal how she might go skiing, or whatevs, around that time of her finger "incident" ...and what about all her "clients" from her photography "business" (cough cough). It really is rather sad in some ways. It seems she had no friends at all. Except Travis for a short while. God bless him.

brought over from old thread because I always seem to post right as it closes.

I think that the State needs to just let the flow of bias from the defense keep going today with few interruptions. Then upon on their turn Mr Martinez needs to keep it direct and simple, specific only to Jodi's actions. Yes or no only. Questions as easy to understand as possible.
ex: are you licensed to practice in AZ?
ex: did you consider the planning and secrecy Ms Arias showed as she took her trip to AZ?
ex: was it PTSD for Ms Arias to invent many stories, cover her tracks, attend the memorial, visit his home and write the letters to the family after the killing took place?

no further questions.

I was going to bring this over too!!

Another day full of BS. Hoping Willmott finishes up this morning. There's no need to have him on the stand any longer. Let's see how far JSS is going to let the defense go in repeating the same info we heard for the last months with their 4 witnesses. Seriously though, over 3.5 months and the defense put on 5 witnesses. Unreal.

Nothing new here and it so goes without saying that what JA did to Travis is so heinous and brutal and tragic beyond words, but even more so because Travis was the one person in her life, probably ever, that tried to be patient with her crazy, and tried to still be friends and help her. His compassion and tolerance and patience was way beyond what most would be capable of. It just breaks my heart in two to think about this.

According to tweets, Geffner testified yesterday to JA reporting 2 incidents of domestic violence by TA - the April choking and the June 4 murder (the supposed body-slamming?). In JM's closing in the first trial, he noted that JA had told Dr. Cheryl Karp (sp) of many dv attacks by Travis, 15+. Iirc in her 44 hrs. with ALV, JA dropped the number of dv incidents to around 5 or so. Now Geffner drops the number to 2? How does that help the defense? Are they going to claim in closing that JA had no reason to hate TA enough to kill him, so it must have been self-defense?

Please continue posting here.

:coffeews: We may need something stronger after this day is over.

:seeya:

Will this do ?

l.jpg

Link: http://www.bing.com/images/search?q...D617D388DB1D8C1CA0EBEF19747D&selectedIndex=13

:D

According to tweets, Geffner testified yesterday to JA reporting 2 incidents of domestic violence by TA - the April choking and the June 4 murder (the supposed body-slamming?). In JM's closing in the first trial, he noted that JA had told Dr. Cheryl Karp (sp) of many dv attacks by Travis, 15+. Iirc in her 44 hrs. with ALV, JA dropped the number of dv incidents to around 5 or so. Now Geffner drops the number to 2? How does that help the defense? Are they going to claim in closing that JA had no reason to hate TA enough to kill him, so it must have been self-defense?

So he forgot the January incident which is supposed to have been the starting point for the abuse.

Out of all the tweets tweeted yesterday this one still stands out more than any other.

Tammy Rose ‏@News20Chopper · 2m2 minutes ago
One of the trauma's #JodiArias focused on was day of murder, not that she killed #Travis but what he did to her.

This shows what a cold unfeeling person JA truly is. To JA everything is about HER. Even murdering Travis in the most heinous way did not traumatically affect her in the slightest. So she makes up another outlandish lie with her playing the victim even at a time when she is the total victimizer.

Imo, this shows extreme narcissism along with other psychological traits.

I hope this wasn't lost on the jurors. I know it wasn't lost on Juan and I am sure his ears perked up when Geffy made the statement.

I am so hoping that Juan gets a turn today so that light and truth once again can enter the courtroom. However I doubt JW is going to shut up and sit down anytime soon and we know by now that Geff likes nothing better than to hear himself talk.

IMO

:seeya: Good Morning, Y'all !

:please: :please: :please: that it is a Juan day !

I'll be able to post Tweets until 2:30 AZ time -- WAT or whoever is there Tweeting -- not sure who will be Tweeting today, but it is obvious that the Tweeters are just as fed up with the redundant, irrelevant BS by the DT as the public is !

What I found even more astounding was Geff's statements regarding choking had him dating the lie event to the day of the murder. Even their experts have difficulty keeping the lies straight.

Oh, and that she had PTSD from that day, but not over the murder, but rather WHAT HE DID TO HER.

:facepalm:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member