Small, really small and tiny...

Casshew

Former Member
Reaction score
EasyJet, easyCruise, and now easyHotel. The entrepreneur known for his no-frills ethos, Stelios Haji-Ioannou, is opening his latest venture.

story.easyhotel.com.jpg

In keeping with the "easy" philosophy, frills are again being ditched in favor of value for money. EasyHotel is charging $35 a night for double rooms at its first hotel in central London. Following in the footsteps of Japan's capsule hotel concept, these rooms are being heralded as Europe's smallest.

Rooms come in three sizes -- small, really small and tiny. At 80, 70 and 60 square feet, there is little room to swing anything more than a carry-on bag.

"I believe there is a gap left by the branded chains that have moved upmarket. The Holiday Inn started as budget hotels but they are now charging $140 a night," says Haji-Ioannou, who slept at the hotel on its opening night.

"There is a gap above the bed and breakfasts, since they can be unpredictable and unreliable. They do not have sophisticated booking systems either."

Each room comes with a bathroom, but windows are optional extras, as is the television, which you can rent for ($9) a day.

Costs are kept to a minimum with just one person manning reception 24 hours a day, and there are no services, food, entertainment or public areas.

http://edition.cnn.com/2005/TRAVEL/08/02/easyhotel.london/index.html

==============

Take me to the Hilton! :crazy:

I guess if you only want a place just to sleep, and only sleep this would suffice.

London hotels are expensive, really expensive, so this probably fills a niche market,

Oh my gosh! I suppose the bright colors lighten up the small
sleeping quarters and makes it appear to be bigger? :waitasec: Is that a
shower with no walls, running into the toilet? Im with ya there,
take me to the Hilton or the Hyatt!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members