794 users online (116 members and 678 guests)  

Websleuths News

Nudist's Final Wishes Rebuffed

Robert Norton was a nudist who'd been in and out of court for years over his habit of gardening naked.

Wherever Robert Norton's headed next, it'll be with his pants on.

The Illinois man wanted to be buried in the buff, but his family is sending him off to eternity in gray slacks and a matching shirt.

Norton was 82 years old when he died Monday.
    http://wfmynews2.com/watercooler/wat...?storyid=46314
    Just when I think that I have seen the most depraved things a human can do to another human, somebody posts a new story...........

Why is it that when a custodial parent fails to provide for a child it is called neglect and is a criminal matter. But when a non custodial parent fails to provide it is called failure to support and is a civil matter?

"Just when the caterpillar thought its world was over, it became a butterfly" ~ Michelle Knight

Talking

Probably the best he's looked for years!

He died at 82? Are they really burying him in a suit, or does it just look like it?

nudist to be buried fully clothed

Even in death, Robert Norton's nakedness is a no-no.

Norton, 82, spent four decades in and out of court fighting repeated arrests for gardening and wandering his yard in the nude. He said he wanted to be buried without any clothes, but his family is sending him to eternity wearing gray slacks and a matching shirt. "He's not going to be buried in the nude," said his brother, Jack Norton, a minister.

Norton, who died Monday, had fought 20 indecency arrests since 1962, arguing that he had a constitutional right to public nakedness.

Full Story

What possible difference could it make at this point. Some people just need to be jerks!

difference

What difference would it make if he was buried with or without clothes? If need be, they could have a viewing with him dressed, then remove the clothes and close the casket before burial. It all sounds rather trivial.
    This is my opinion, and change is good.

Quote Originally Posted by Mabel
    He died at 82? Are they really burying him in a suit, or does it just look like it?
    I believe it is gray slacks and a matching shirt according to the article.
    Just when I think that I have seen the most depraved things a human can do to another human, somebody posts a new story...........

Why is it that when a custodial parent fails to provide for a child it is called neglect and is a criminal matter. But when a non custodial parent fails to provide it is called failure to support and is a civil matter?

"Just when the caterpillar thought its world was over, it became a butterfly" ~ Michelle Knight

Oh that is wrong!

bury as he requested...who does it hurt??
    Noone will know the difference in our world.

Quote Originally Posted by MaryKate
    Oh that is wrong!

bury as he requested...who does it hurt??
    Noone will know the difference in our world.
    I don't think it would hurt anything. But it may make the viewing awkward.

Quote Originally Posted by Marine Mom
    I don't think it would hurt anything. But it may make the viewing awkward.
    I agree. His family could respect his wishes for the last time. They could have a closed casket, or a viewing from the head up. OR, do like Victor stated and dress him for a full viewing, and undress the poor ole' man before his burial...it's HIS funeral..

Have respect for differing opinions.
    After all, we're equally entitled to our .

Re"buff"ed (snicker, snicker)