GUILTY FL - Dylan Thomas & 2 others for near-fatal beating of 17yo, Satellite Beach, 2015

OkieGranny

Retired WS Staff
Reaction score
52e100a7-9238-452b-8195-b6a3008c656b_zpsyuiqgrdj.jpg

http://www.floridatoday.com/story/n...ting-crime-scene-in-satellite-beach/23662865/

Satellite Beach police are investigating a shooting that left one person seriously injured in a residential neighborhood this morning...

The shooting was first reported about 7 a.m. Thursday at a home on the 400 block of Glenwood Avenue...

A man, believed to be in his late teens or early 20s, was airlifted to Holmes Regional Medical Center in Melbourne for treatment of a gunshot wound to the head, police reported.

http://www.wogx.com/story/28153512/...attacked-in-driveway-while-leaving-for-school

According to the Brevard County Sheriff's office someone was waiting for Daniel Vukovich as he left his home on Glenwood Drive. Investigators believe Vukovich was targeted for the attack.

He was taken to Holmes Regional Medical Center where he underwent surgery. The sheriff's office reported that he was in critical condition Thursday evening.

Daniel's FB: https://www.facebook.com/daniel.vukovich.7

http://www.floridatoday.com/story/n...ting-crime-scene-in-satellite-beach/23662865/

Seventeen-year-old Dylan Thomas, 18-year-old Jessie Umberger and 18-year-old Rebecca Gotay have all been charged with attempted first degree premeditated murder. All three were arrested Friday morning and are being held without bond.

The sheriff's office said the attack was in retaliation for the theft of marijuana and smoking paraphernalia. The suspects had been planning to kill Vukovich for several weeks.

The suspects' plans involved using a crowbar to kill the victim, contradicting earlier reports that Vukovich had been shot in the head. The sheriff's office said those reports of a shooting are erroneous. Vukovich remains in critical condition.

One of those 'lovely young ladies' was in my son's class! :eek:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

He is pretty shocked, described her as definitely a known stoner but "pretty chill", and would not have expected her to be involved in something like this.

Also says she showed up to class today acting like nothing was wrong at all - and then went quietly when the cops came to get her!

This is disturbing as hell, JMO. What happened to these kids?!?

The suspects' plans involved using a crowbar to kill the victim

It's VERY disturbing isn't it?? And see those mug shots, they're all grinning like friggin loons!!

I have said it before and I will say it again, and again and again, but I grew up in the inner city, and the violence there never scared me half as much as the crazy, completely out of left field ish that happens in the suburbs or supposedly nicer areas!! This is crazy - a crowbar attack in the morning???!

The only background I've heard is two of them are kids of well to do families (doctors for parents) and one girl was not living with her parents and spoke of being on food stamps, so obviously not well to do... Not that it matters, just the only thing I've heard. Oh and also apparently the amount of MJ alleged to have been stolen was about $4k worth.

Take with a HUGE grain of salt though, that's just gossip that was floating around at the school.

http://www.wftv.com/news/news/local...l-satellite-beach-attack/nkFrS/#__federated=1

The plan was to use Gotay's vehicle to drive to Vukovich's home on Glenwood Drive, where Thomas was to attack the victim with a crowbar and kill him, authorities said.

The attack on Vukovich happened about 7 a.m. Thursday as he was going to his vehicle to leave for school. Authorities said he never saw the attack coming.

"It was a very violent, very vicious attack," said Tod Goodyear, of the Sheriff's Office. (He) is very lucky that he's surviving and the prognosis, we're told, is that he will survive the injuries."

The drug these kids today have access to are stronger than anything my older peeps and I had access to at an occasional party in the 1980s. Where I grew up we had to get jobs and pay for our own stuff to varying degrees. I guess selling drugs pays better, but the interruption of my life plan by multiple decades in prison was a real turn-off for me.

When I was in high school late 80s/early 90s the weed was crap, and always came out of some creepy dude's gym sock or sneaker hidden in a locker :eek:hoh: :lol: The high rollers in the inner city were NOT high school kids, and they didn't deal in schools. In fact, someone's older brother would be liable to give you a beat down for trying to set up shop in a school. :eek:

It LOOKS like the two more well to do kids had some kind of decent sized operation going? Maybe a case of too much money given to them by mom and dad, and too little supervision? Just a guess. But if the rumors are true, $4k worth of pot is a lot for a high schooler to have on hand.

If it was "hydro" (hydroponic) weed, that stuff is expensive. 4K would probably be 10 or so ounces. It's usually sold by the gram.

Absolutely not, especially a brutal death by crowbar! My main point was 4K of that stuff is really not a lot of weed.

sorry, it was more of a rhetorical question and not directed at you, just trying to understand how can these guys justify to themselves murdering another teen
can't even use the "they are just kids" line! they are almost adults, they know (or should know) what is right or wrong and they pk
planned this attack

At least the victim hopefully will live and they won't be murderers. Such a waste.

New article:
None of the suspect's lived at home with their famlies. Daniel was found injuried, crawling in the garage at 7 AM by his mother. He was on his way to classes when his mother heard banging noises. The neighbor's home surveillance caught the suspect's car on video. 2 of the suspect's openly talked of killing Daniel for a month before the attack, even sent texts.

http://www.floridatoday.com/story/n...-beach-teens-marijuana-revenge-plot/23852111/

I just read the article and it doesn't state where the suspects were living, just that they didn't live at home with their parents. That strikes me as really odd.
This story has haunted me since I first saw it on the news. It makes me want to never let my teenagers leave the house. So very sad.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RayaCo
Back