812 users online (136 members and 676 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 3 of 53 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast
    Last of chronology:

--------
    5/10 GChat fight about Steve Carroll. JA “accidentally” sends Travis a copy of an email to Steve Carroll (not sure if he was even a real person). In it JA tells Steve her ex-boyfriend has her passwords. Travis once again calls her out, tells her she’s paranoid about privacv because she’s the one who is constantly invading his. Tells her- why don’t you have him tie you up to a tree and bleep you.

5/10 Date with Mimi. Phone sex tape allegedly recorded, Travis very sleepy during call (at night…when did his date with Mimi end? )

5/13 TA journal: Mimi was cordial, Lisa ignored me (at FHE). Met (a woman online). I am very intrigued.” Really, how can I not be? It’s better to trust too much than not enough. So the plot thickens as I run the blind race to the altar.”

5/15 Mimi tells Travis she just wants to be friends. Mentions to him when asked that she didn’t receive an email he sent her.

5/15 TA journal: writes of Mimi telling him let’s be friends.” Darn it. Darn it. What can a brother do?” I did the best I could….but nerves were my enemy. “Anyhow I am bummed but at least I can move on. “Unproductive week. Too much website obsession.”

5/16 JA sends TA the twisted “I just wanted to be recognized as your girlfriend” email

5/17 TA posts on his blog “Why I want to Marry a Golddigger.”

5/20 Travis journal entry: Thinking of Lisa. I miss her. I still love her. Mimi (took my mind off things) but it didn’t change my feelings about Lisa. “I thought by now I’d be over them, but I’m not.”

5/21 Travis journal entry: Freaking out right now. I’m calling Lisa in about 10 minutes. I doubt she’ll answer but that’s ok, I just hope we get to talk.

5/22 Travis journal entry:” Lisa has not called back. I am broken up. I made some big mistakes and I am paying for them now. I guess we are all our own worst enemies. It’s rough.”

5/22 JA writes in her journal (almost certainly after the murder) that she’s happy because she just got her new phone. (not positive this is correct date. Does anyone know when she reported Helio “stolen?”

5/23 Travis journal entry: No Lisa. I will call her. It’s gonna happen. Besides that yesterday was kinda lame. I’ve made a mistake as I often do and no doubt I’ll do it again. I can’t come to terms for the decisions I’ve made (that led to) the loss of my closest friend.

Long poem in entry ends with…”so let me tell you my friend this life has an end, and tomorrow is a day closer to that time.”

5/24 (From 5/29 TA Journal entry): Travis meets “cutie-pie” Brooke Rogers at UTC.

5/25 (From 5/29 TA journal entry): Travis sees Brooke at church, Brooke friends him on FB , they start sending each other FB “email flirts”

5/26 Extended text fight

5/27 Pop-up on Travis’ HD warning of attack attempt, Internet Explorer stops working, Travis installs Spybot
    RIP, Cassini. To her tireless overseers- job well done.

Quote Originally Posted by Hope4More View Post
    Last of chronology:

--------
    5/10 GChat fight about Steve Carroll. JA “accidentally” sends Travis a copy of an email to Steve Carroll (not sure if he was even a real person). In it JA tells Steve her ex-boyfriend has her passwords. Travis once again calls her out, tells her she’s paranoid about privacv because she’s the one who is constantly invading his. Tells her- why don’t you have him tie you up to a tree and bleep you.5/10 Date with Mimi. Phone sex tape allegedly recorded, Travis very sleepy during call (at night…when did his date with Mimi end? )

5/13 TA journal: Mimi was cordial, Lisa ignored me (at FHE). Met (a woman online). I am very intrigued.” Really, how can I not be? It’s better to trust too much than not enough. So the plot thickens as I run the blind race to the altar.”

5/15 Mimi tells Travis she just wants to be friends. Mentions to him when asked that she didn’t receive an email he sent her.

5/15 TA journal: writes of Mimi telling him let’s be friends.” Darn it. Darn it. What can a brother do?” I did the best I could….but nerves were my enemy. “Anyhow I am bummed but at least I can move on. “Unproductive week. Too much website obsession.”

5/16 JA sends TA the twisted “I just wanted to be recognized as your girlfriend” email

5/17 TA posts on his blog “Why I want to Marry a Golddigger.”

5/20 Travis journal entry: Thinking of Lisa. I miss her. I still love her. Mimi (took my mind off things) but it didn’t change my feelings about Lisa. “I thought by now I’d be over them, but I’m not.”

5/21 Travis journal entry: Freaking out right now. I’m calling Lisa in about 10 minutes. I doubt she’ll answer but that’s ok, I just hope we get to talk.

5/22 Travis journal entry:” Lisa has not called back. I am broken up. I made some big mistakes and I am paying for them now. I guess we are all our own worst enemies. It’s rough.”

5/22 JA writes in her journal (almost certainly after the murder) that she’s happy because she just got her new phone. (not positive this is correct date. Does anyone know when she reported Helio “stolen?”

5/23 Travis journal entry: No Lisa. I will call her. It’s gonna happen. Besides that yesterday was kinda lame. I’ve made a mistake as I often do and no doubt I’ll do it again. I can’t come to terms for the decisions I’ve made (that led to) the loss of my closest friend.

Long poem in entry ends with…”so let me tell you my friend this life has an end, and tomorrow is a day closer to that time.”

5/24 (From 5/29 TA Journal entry): Travis meets “cutie-pie” Brooke Rogers at UTC.

5/25 (From 5/29 TA journal entry): Travis sees Brooke at church, Brooke friends him on FB , they start sending each other FB “email flirts”

5/26 Extended text fight

5/27 Pop-up on Travis’ HD warning of attack attempt, Internet Explorer stops working, Travis installs Spybot
    BBM Sure makes it sound as if the tree fantasy was hers.

I've thought long and hard about what JA did to make Travis so angry on May 26. After putting all this together, I've reached my own conclusion, but know we'll never know, especially since we're missing so much info, and because of her hacking, we don't even know who wrote what and when.

I think she knew by early March that nothing she could do or say would ever convince Travis to marry her. She was broke, stranded in Mesa, now facing an increasingly alienated Travis unwilling and unable to help her financially. She was humiliated and she was furious.

The next to last straw for both happened on April 7, when Travis confronted her about making up a friend who knew details about his life, and when he threatened to expose her craziness to all the people she wanted most to respect her. He'd had it with her intrusions. She felt extremely threatened at the possibility Travis would expose her, ruining her precious reputation and more importantly, her chance of landing her next meal ticket, Ryan Burns.

She took that long detour to Gus on her way back to Yreka because she wanted a phone with recording capability. I don't believe her first thought was to use a sex tape to scare off GF's, I think she wanted to have a big something to hold over his head. As in, tell those folks I'm crazy and I'll play this recording so everyone knows who YOU are. Including your Bishop. You'll never find a good Mormon wife after that exposure.

I think the fake texts and Myspace posts and emails were all planted to make her lie about still being Travis' dirty little secret more believable, as context for the blackmail sex tape call she was setting up, as well as out of less patient spite, and to ruin his GF chances.

May 26.......
    RIP, Cassini. To her tireless overseers- job well done.

This information is very interesting - thanks for posting!

Even though it is a bit jumbled up, these texts/chats/etc paint a very clear picture of Jodi's pathology. Travis was on to her and by May 2008, she realized she had finally crossed the line one too many times with him. She knew that if he told everyone all these details, she would be completely exposed for the sociopath she is AND she would lose this target-rich environment to find new men. She would be banished back to Yreka to live with her grandparents, alone.

I think the root of her rage toward him was the threat of being exposed. I think being rejected by him was secondary. Because if he simply rejected her, she could potentially still have the Mormon social network to find a new man. But if he exposed her, she would lose that network, and that Mormon social network was her lifeline to escaping her life of financial struggle, lack of status, etc.

I wonder if there was a real Steve carrel. There is an actor by that name.....
    jmo

Quote Originally Posted by RickshawFan View Post
    What "crap" do you think he took care of for Jodi that day?
    If that's the day she picked up the UHaul, April 18th, might he be referring to lending her the BMW, travel money and time loading her 'stuff'?

As an aside, this heavy sarcasm shows me she was never afraid of him, physically or emotionally:

4/8 Text, TA to JA:

TA: 6:27 Thanks a lot for having me sign that drawing in ink and then deciding you were going to leave it. If its not one thing, its another. Always drama.
    JA: 6:43 Hmm. Doesn’t sound like it’s me being dramatic dear. Call me ASAP.

Thanks so much for compiling all this, Hope. I so appreciate it.

Hope, this may have been asked and answered. Will all of these text messages go to the jury for deliberations? I hope they read every one of them and that they aren't already so exhausted that they vote without reading them. I want them to have all the information.

If she went back and forth erasing emails, text messages, journal entries and such, and then doctoring the last month of her own journals, we really don't know how long she was in the planning stages of murdering Travis. I fear it was long before April of 2008. Maybe she decided early on (2007?)

I'm wondering if it had to do with the car being destroyed by uhaul.....

Quote Originally Posted by summer4meplz View Post
    I'm wondering if it had to do with the car being destroyed by uhaul.....
    Do you mean the reason for the murder? Then that would have made the reason financial. I doubt she murdered him because she could not repay him. I believe he was threatening to expose her. And I do believe a big part of the murder was her obsession with him.

Quote Originally Posted by Hope4More View Post
    Last of chronology:

5/18/08 - Helio stolen according to Jodi's journal entry.

5/22/08 - Jodi receives her new phone according to her journal entry.

I know this is the Travis's journal thread - but is there a way to compare Jodi's journal entries to Travis's?
    Do they match up with what each other were saying/doing.
    I'm most interested in the ring issue - in one of the closed threads, someone posted Jodi writing "I got my ring" and the date when it was written.
    I can't find it now, and I'm wondering if it's the same time when Travis says his ring and journals were stolen.

btw - for taking the time to gather all this info - appreciate your time and efforts!

p.s. I'll keep looking for that post I'm thinking of - had good info.

FWIW

It might be important to revisit Jodi's early conversation with Det. Flores. (A 2008 calendar is linked below for reference to the actual day/dates she would be referring to). Then we should try to match that up to what the diary entries for both Jodi and Travis are saying to see what, if anything, was significant or stands out.

During Detective Flores 7-15-08 interview with Jodi after her arrest:

02:24
    DF: What was the purpose of the visit, the same as before?
    (Silence)
    02:40
    JA: I’m just starting to remember. I’m just trying to remember that week, that whole week, and the week prior had a lot to do with itthe weekend or Friday night prior, I think.

From Jodi's statement, and going backwards from the date of the murder:

Wednesday, 6-4-08 - Travis murdered

The weekend before the murder:
    Sunday, 6-1-08
    Saturday, 5-31-08
    Friday, 5-30-08 - "The Friday before..."

Thursday, 5-29-08
    Wednesday, 5-28-08 - This date - through 6-4-08 (murder) starts Jodi's: "The week prior had a lot to do with it..."

2008 May/June Calendar Link:
    http://www.timeanddate.com/calendar/...ry=1&year=2008

AND what she told Paul S. (borrowed money) about why she was going to Arizona.

PINSKY: I see. And you actually loaned her the money that ended up on the trip where she actually killed Travis?
    STERN: Well, the day before she left, she was pretty frantic that she had to go back and see Travis, and she talked about how he was seeing other people and she asked to borrow money and I gave her money.

Quote Originally Posted by TxJan1971 View Post
    5/18/08 - Helio stolen according to Jodi's journal entry.

5/22/08 - Jodi receives her new phone according to her journal entry.
    First, THANK YOU Hope for compiling this.

A couple of things of note: JA 'loses' her phone on 5-18. Here's what TA is noting in his journal at this same time:

TA Journal: "The weekend (ADD: May 17/18) was one of the worst ever. My own fault, same as the week. (ADD: Week of May 10-May 17)"

On 5-19 he texts Tyler saying he wants Lisa back

On 5-21, he writes: TA Journal: "Well I’m freaking out right now, I’m calling Lisa in about 10 minutes to try and clear the air so of speak."

IMO, JA had let him know that their "scandalous" phone sex had been recorded and now "someone" had the recording and 'Oh my I hope that someone doesn't send it to any of the contacts on my phone'

Also: May 26 in 2008 was Memorial Day. TA makes no mention in his journal about the infamous exchange with JA. On May 27, he wrote: "Memorial Day (ADD: May 26th) I was bored. I didn’t do much. I just stayed up all night and wrote. But it feels good. I’m getting stuff done. I will continue to. I’m out."

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowboy View Post
    First, THANK YOU Hope for compiling this.

A couple of things of note: JA 'loses' her phone on 5-18. Here's what TA is noting in his journal at this same time:

TA Journal: "The weekend (ADD: May 17/18) was one of the worst ever. My own fault, same as the week is there a word/words missing here... "same as the week before ?...". (ADD: Week of May 10-May 17)"
    My question above in red bold font. Thanks!

Page 3 of 53 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast