FL - Shelly Arnold, 24, found murdered, mutilated, Eustis, 16 Feb 2015

OkieGranny

Retired WS Staff
Reaction score
e8164208-e33f-48d0-936c-c2932ca9cad6_zpsqlrw0plj.jpg

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/os-lk-shelly-arnold-dead-20150220-story.html

The woman who was found dead in a vacant lot Thursday was identified as Shelly Arnold, 24, a police spokesman said Friday... Simken said Arnold's last known address was in Sorrento...

Police Chief Fred Cobb said he was "startled" when he found out the body was discovered in an open area. He said there have not been many reports of crime in that community, adding that there are "a lot of great neighbors in that area."

http://www.clickorlando.com/news/eustis-police-identify-woman-found-dead-in-vacant-lot/31389794

Witnesses who found her body in a vacant lot said she was mutilated, with her scalp removed and part of her chest cut off. Police said the wounds on the body appeared to have been put there after she died. The medical examiner is still trying to determine the exact cause of death.

Police will not say if they have made contact with Arnold's longtime boyfriend. According to Arnold's Facebook page, the couple has two children, a 4-year-old son and a 1-year-old daughter who they put up for adoption because they could not afford to care for the child.

Shelly's FB: https://www.facebook.com/shellyaw1

http://www.clickorlando.com/news/eus...t-lot/31389794

Witnesses who found her body in a vacant lot said she was mutilated, with her scalp removed and part of her chest cut off. Police said the wounds on the body appeared to have been put there after she died. The medical examiner is still trying to determine the exact cause of death.

Police will not say if they have made contact with Arnold's longtime boyfriend. According to Arnold's Facebook page, the couple has two children, a 4-year-old son and a 1-year-old daughter who they put up for adoption because they could not afford to care for the child.

How can police say this (belowe) when the body was SO horryfying mutilated like described in the above news report !!! ???

http://www.wesh.com/news/police-eustis-woman-found-in-vacant-lot/31371120

"I don't feel that there is any threat to the community; however, it is a tragic situation that has occurred," Simken said (Eustis police spokesman Robert Simken ).

Lake County Sheriff's Office deputies are assisting in the investigation. They said they believe it is an isolated incident.

I mean they say they have NO suspect, witch mean they do NOT know who did this, and IMHO only a VERY dangerous psychopath would do something as horrific as what was done to this poor victim.

I sure would be VERY concerned if I lived in that area!

Perhaps LE has some evidence her SO was involved but are not wanting to give him reason to run at this point.

Bumping this case and looking for an update, but cannot yet find if anyone has been arrested for this heinous murder.
rbbm.
https://local.nixle.com/alert/5364000/

" February 24th, 2015

Anyone with info regarding the whereabouts of Shelly A. Arnold from 2/16 till 2/19, is encouraged to call Crimeline.

REWARD OF UP TO $5,000 FOR INFORMATION

On February 19, 2015, Shelly A. Arnold was found deceased in a vacant lot on Doane Ave. The Eustis Police Department is investigating this as a homicide.

Anyone with information in regards to the whereabouts of Shelly A. Arnold from February 16, 2015 until February 19, 2015 is encouraged to provide that information to Crimeline."

This is such a sad case. Why has it fallen out of the news so quickly?

There is a guy that lives two streets from Doane Ave with quite an extensive arrest record that has the same surname as the baby girl she gave up for adoption. Could be a coincidence

There is a guy that lives two streets from Doane Ave with quite an extensive arrest record that has the same surname as the baby girl she gave up for adoption. Could be a coincidence

Wondering, is there any chance he was (also) ever in Kentucky, say in August of 2011???

It hurts my heart this happened to her and someone might get away with it.

Hard to believe that it is so long in an arrest for this poor girl. I do think whoever did this, hated her, or at least what she was doing. The very things that we work on to make us women and beautiful was taken from her after death. Our hair, our faces and our breasts are so much a part of being a women and who we are, and the way we attract men when we are dating or going out. The fact that to kill her was not enough, but he had to destroy the very parts of her that made her beautiful in life, that is so much hate for me. If it is random, lord be on the look out, but it could be jealousy taken to a new level. But he did this somewhere else and where are the body parts? This had to be one bloody mess and huge clean up and then he had to transport her body and display it for everyone to see what he had done. That is hate.

I totally agree Skully, to mutilate her in that way and put her somewhere out in the open is beyond horrific. There was mention in one of the reports that she was naked, lying on her back with her arms stretched out in front of her. I"m sure she was placed like that to add to the humiliation. That definitely says to me she knew her attacker. This poor girl haunts my dreams, I hope they make a break through soon

From reading here and looking at other cases, it is rare that a bf or ex will go to this extent in a killing. They will kill the wife or gf and then just get rid of the body, hid it, or put it close to the home, but rarely do we see a body mutilated and then dumped in another location. Do we know how far she is dumped from where she lived? Even a drug dealer usually shoots the person, unless she is in with a really bad gang and maybe stole from them. But a lot will rather you work it off, KWIM? Anyway, hoping for an update for her family and some justice. So sad.

Would a female in the throes of a jealous rage, be able to commit such atrocities on another woman?

Would a female in the throes of a jealous rage, be able to commit such atrocities on another woman?

Your comment reminded me of the woman who recently mutilated the corpse in funeral home of a romantic rival.

There aren't many reports in the media involving scalpings but here is one, FWIW:

http://www.stabroeknews.com/2012/ne...-bulletin-issued-over-murder-of-us-based-man/

How bizarre, his wife had him scalped ?!
If she was not present when he was killed, would he have been scalped because she " wanted his head " easier to transport/hide than a whole head?

"Police later charged Majid’s wife, Hemwattie Abdulla and an alleged accomplice, Surojinie Tirmaul of Chesney Village, Corentyne, with his murder. On May 22 they appeared at the Springlands Magistrate’s Court to hear the charge read to them.

Investigators believe that two men were hired to kill Majid."

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SashaRhea82
Back