They even took her kitten

Casshew

Former Member
Reaction score
Kris Bryan said the Lawrence Journal-World printed a mistake in a street address, causing her apartment to be cleaned out by thieves.

Bryan told KMBC's Donna Pitman that she returned home after work and saw strangers loading up her belongings into their vehicle. When she asked what they were doing, they showed her a classified ad in the newspaper. The public notice stated that all things at 1319 Tennessee St., Apt. 3 would be thrown away if unclaimed.

"It was just a real shock!" Bryan said. "I was freaking out. I told them that's my apartment -- there's been some mistake.
Pitman reported that it was a one-digit mistake -- the newspaper ad should have read 1339 Tennessee St. The ad was placed because a woman in that home passed away and no one had claimed her belongings.

Bryan said the people she confronted returned her things, but unfortunately, her TV, DVD player, movies, furniture and a 7-week-old kitten had already been taken from her apartment..

"I was crying, bawling," Bryan said.

She said she wants the newspaper to pay $3,500 for the stolen items, but that can't replace her lost kitten.

Story

You would think being this was published in the newspaper explaining the mistake, that somone would come forward and give her back her kitten.

AND, who exactly unlocked her apartment so that her belongings and kitten could be taken?

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
renenoelle
Back