1161 users online (197 members and 964 guests)  

Websleuths News

los2188 is offline North Carolina Tar Heels..your NCCA Champs!!

OH - Adriana Barker, 8 mos, beaten to death, Franklinton, 20 Feb 2015 *Arrests*

Baby Dies From Critical Injuries, Police Take 2 For Questioning

Police say an eight-month-old baby died after sustaining extensive injuries at a Franklinton home early Friday morning. The incident was reported around 2 a.m. Friday at a home on the 200 block of Martin Avenue in Columbus. The child was taken to Nationwide Children's Hospital with life-threatening injuries and died a few hours later.
    http://www.turnto10.com/story/281565...or-questioning
    Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

"When from a long distant past nothing persists, after the people are dead, after things are broken and scattered, still alone, more persistent, more faithful, the smell and taste of things remain poised a long, long time like souls, ready to remind us, waiting, hoping for their moment amid the ruins of all the rest, and bear unfaltering in the tiny and almost impalpable drop of their essence the vast structure of recollection."

RIP Sweet Baby
    “Every day that they don’t find something is good for me.“ Billie Dunn

Pennsylvania couple charged in death of 8-month-old girl in Columbus - April 2016

http://www.dispatch.com/content/stor...ant-death.html

A mother and her boyfriend were arrested in Florida on Friday on charges that her 8-month-old daughter was fatally injured last year while in their care at a Franklinton apartment.

Evette M. Taylor, 21, and Quentin L. Jones, 22, were being held Friday night in the Pinellas County Jail on warrants obtained by Columbus police that charge them with involuntary manslaughter and endangering a child in the Feb. 20 death of Adriana Barker.

In court documents, Columbus police said Adriana died from injuries that included broken ribs, damaged internal organs and "multiple bruises all over her body." Police called the injuries "unexplainable."
    Mom gets 10 years in infant daughter's death - November 2016

http://www.dispatch.com/content/stor...-sentence.html

A 21-year-old woman was sentenced Wednesday to 10 years in prison for the beating death of her 8-month-old daughter.

Evette M. Taylor pleaded guilty in Franklin County Common Pleas Court to one count of involuntary manslaughter.

Taylor's boyfriend, Quentin L. Jones, 23, faces the same two charges and has a Dec. 14 trial date.

From last month:

Man pleads guilty in beating death of girlfriend’s baby

http://www.dispatch.com/news/2017031...rlfriends-baby

A Columbus man will serve seven years in prison for the beating death of his girlfriend’s 8-month-old daughter.

Quentin L. Jones, 23, pleaded guilty on Tuesday in Franklin County Common Pleas Court to one count of involuntary manslaughter in the the 2015 death of Adriana Barker.

The sentence, imposed by Judge David Young, was recommended by prosecutors and defense attorneys as part of a plea agreement. The maximum sentence for the offense is 11 years. Prosecutors dismissed one count of child endangering in exchange for the plea.

Jones’ girlfriend, Evette M. Taylor, 22, faced the same two chargers. Taylor pleaded guilty in November to involuntary manslaughter. She was sentenced to a longer term, ten years, because authorities say she was the one who attacked the baby.

Quote Originally Posted by JusticeWillBeServed View Post
    From last month:

Man pleads guilty in beating death of girlfriend’s baby

http://www.dispatch.com/news/2017031...rlfriends-baby
    So that is all a baby's life is worth. Geez.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I believe in pink. I believe that laughing is the best calorie burner. I believe in kissing, kissing a lot. I believe in being strong when everything seems to be going wrong. I believe that happy girls are the prettiest girls. I believe that tomorrow is another day and I believe in miracles.
    - Audrey Hepburn