1334 users online (273 members and 1061 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

SC - Stephanie Callahan, 25, Loris, 18 February 2015

Stephanie Callahan

Friends, family express concern for missing Loris woman
    HORRY COUNTY, SC (WMBF) - The friends and family of a Loris woman are worried following her disappearance. According to Facebook posts, Stephanie Callahan hasn't been seen or heard from since Wednesday. A friend of Callahan's talked to WMBF News staff, and expressed concern on behalf of Callahan's friends and family. Her friend stated that Callahan is a mother of two.

Lt. Raul Denis of the Horry County Police Department said the South Carolina Highway Patrol found Callahan's car in a ditch in Loris. She was believed to be going to her boyfriend in Tabor City, according to Denis.
    http://www.wmbfnews.com/story/281673...ng-loris-woman
    "When from a long distant past nothing persists, after the people are dead, after things are broken and scattered, still alone, more persistent, more faithful, the smell and taste of things remain poised a long, long time like souls, ready to remind us, waiting, hoping for their moment amid the ruins of all the rest, and bear unfaltering in the tiny and almost impalpable drop of their essence the vast structure of recollection."

This is such a sad story. This article doesn't explain much. My first thought was why did her boyfriend not call the parents when she did not arrive at his home as planned? She was 24, and apparently did not live at home as her parents did not miss her. Parents knew where she was going, however, at 24, do boyfriends know parents phone numbers?

Loris is very tiny, so people would know everyone with the exception of someone moving into town recently. Not pointing fingers! Just amazed that boyfriend did not get into contact with parents in following days when he could not get hold of her.

http://www.wmbfnews.com/story/281715...ds-family-says

Just learned about this tonight. So sad and tragic. What the [insert explicit word here]???

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk. Sorry for any typos!

I'm amazed that SCHP towed her car from the ditch a couple of days ago....but didn't notify anyone or try to figure out who the driver was? Apparently, noone was notified it seems until her body was found in a deer tree stand today? This is too weird!

“Why let my cousin lay there, why let her freeze, why let her cry, why let her scream for help because you know she did. She didn't just lay there,” asked Sarah Reich, Callahan's cousin.

Callahan's father says Stephanie was on her way to her boyfriend's house that night after leaving a bar.
    According to South Carolina Highway patrol's website, troopers responded to a crash off Morgan road last Thursday. Police say that car was towed from the scene and no one was found.

The family says no one told them about the accident, which they believe could have been the difference between life and death for Stephanie.

“We would have went through these woods arm in arm. We would have came through here like troopers. We're left here with the dead body of a 24 year old mother,” said Callahan's aunt, Carol Reich.

Callahan's father says crews found her a quarter mile inside the woods in a tree stand. Bits of her car are still scattered around the area, but Stephanie's father says there's no way the family could have known she was still nearby.

I'm just floored over this case. What the hell? Local LE is gonna get some serious backlash...

** Oh, lookie there, its Horry County...

From the original article
    "Lt. Raul Denis of the Horry County Police Department said the South Carolina Highway Patrol found Callahan's car in a ditch in Loris. She was believed to be going to her boyfriend in Tabor City, according to Denis. Denis added that Callahan's mother says her daughter has a history of being missing for days at a time."

I'm wondering when family was informed about the car. Yesterday? Is that why there was a search today?
    Did their volunteers find her?

Last edited by Yoda; 02-23-2015 at 12:58 AM. Reason: adding questions
    Clear your mind must be, if you are to discover the real villains behind this plot. Opinion only, my posts are.

This is heart breaking. Rest in peace Stephanie My thoughts go out to her family.

The family says no one told them about the accident, which they believe could have been the difference between life and death for Stephanie.

“We would have went through these woods arm in arm. We would have came through here like troopers. We're left here with the dead body of a 24 year old mother,” said Callahan's aunt, Carol Reich.

Callahan's father says crews found her a quarter mile inside the woods in a tree stand. Bits of her car are still scattered around the area, but Stephanie's father says there's no way the family could have known she was still nearby.
    Coroner confirms 24 year old woman found dead in Loris woods
    Hooks up!

Most of the things worth doing in the world had been declared impossible before they were done - Justice Brandeis

Please help find Crystal Rogers - Case map
    Please help find Sara Nicole Graham - Case map
    Peace, love, empathy

SC - Stephanie Callahan, 25, Loris, 18 February 2015 - Car Found In A Ditch

Quote Originally Posted by spiritseeker31 View Post

“Why let my cousin lay there, why let her freeze, why let her cry, why let her scream for help because you know she did. She didn't just lay there,” asked Sarah Reich, Callahan's cousin.

Callahan's father says Stephanie was on her way to her boyfriend's house that night after leaving a bar.
    According to South Carolina Highway patrol's website, troopers responded to a crash off Morgan road last Thursday. Police say that car was towed from the scene and no one was found.

What a heart wrenching video to watch! This young woman did not deserve this, by any means, and her family has EVERY RIGHT to be furious with Horry County for the way this has been handled (or NOT).

I am deeply disturbed that no one bothered to notify them of the initial crash. I'm certain they would have insisted on LE continuing their search, and even coordinated further search efforts on their own (perhaps with assistance from CUE or another organization, as we've seen in other cases).

They weren't allowed this opportunity, and we will never know if the outcome would have been different.

I hope the coroner's report, as painful as it will be, will give them the answers they deserve.

This is beyond senseless, and defies logic, IMO.

In the meanwhile, I will keep this family in my prayers, especially her child(ren).

Rest In Peace Stephanie

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    findsierralamar.com
    #JusticeForSierraLaMar #JusticeForLittleChris #JusticeForSierah #JusticeForMalik #JusticeForAnGelica #JusticeForErin #JusticeForGabbi #JusticeForBecky #JusticeForKarina #JusticeForCharli #JusticeForJoshua #JusticeForCooper #JusticeForBella #JusticeForHeatherElvis #JusticeForJenise #JusticeForOmaree #JusticeForTristan #JusticeForJordyn
    #FindSierraLaMar #FindKatelin #FindRelishaRudd #FindBabyDelano #FindBabyDaphne #FindMyraLewis #FindDeOrr

#LongLiveWebSleuths
    @

So sad! Why was she in a tree stand though? Did she commit suicide? Or was she trying to get up higher away from something? Or to see where she was? Where was her cell phone?
    Fibromyalgia Fog at it's finest! Temporary loss of vocabulary may occur at any time.

Quote Originally Posted by 2Hope4 View Post
    So sad! Why was she in a tree stand though? Did she commit suicide? Or was she trying to get up higher away from something? Or to see where she was? Where was her cell phone?
    I wonder if she knew the tree stand was there, or she just came across it? If she was intoxicated (she was leaving a bar according to news reports) I can see her making her way into the treeline after the wreck, to hide from first responders.

How sad!!!!

It's possible she was injured and just looking for shelter. If she hit her head or was bleeding, she was probably thinking she wanted to get somewhere to rest, not knowing that falling asleep could be dangerous/deadly.

What the hell was SC Highway Patrol thinking? Hell, in all my years in SC, I can't remember them towing without leaving an orange sticker on the car and leaving it on the side of the road for DAYS before towing. I'm pretty sure there was a car with a broken windshield I passed every day for a month with that orange sticker on it. But they tow this car and don't contact the owner or even investigate? I feel like I shouldn't be so surprised, every SCHP experience I've had (no tickets, just reporting with and friends with Hwy Patrolmen) has left me shaking my head. SC needs to do better.

South Carolina Highway Patrol responded to the crash and were the ones to have the car towed. I'm having a hard time understanding why Horry County is taking such a tongue-lashing. What am I missing?

Quote Originally Posted by Surfside View Post
    South Carolina Highway Patrol responded to the crash and were the ones to have the car towed. I'm having a hard time understanding why Horry County is taking such a tongue-lashing. What am I missing?
    SCHP and HCPD both need a tonque-lashing IMO. There's no reason why they shouldn't have performed an investigation right away about a wrecked car on the side of the road!

They are still not saying anything tho the public.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast