864 users online (181 members and 683 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    los2188 is offline North Carolina Tar Heels..your NCCA Champs!!

GA - Tim Jaskiewicz, 51, Richmond Hill, 16 February 2015

Tim Jaskiewicz

A Mother's cry for Help to find her Missing son
    Linda Smith is desperate to find her son, 51 year old, Tim Jaskiewicz. He went missing Monday, February 16th, while visiting a friend in Apollo Beach, GA. Jaskiewicz had recently moved home to Charleston, SC after separating from his wife. He had previously lived in Apollo Beach for years with his wife and 2 children. He was a stay at home dad and was a feature writer for a local magazine.

Smith says she last spoke with her son on Sunday. He called her while he was out for a walk in the park. She says he expressed concern for his children, but he gave no indication that he was going to leave. Now no one seems to know where he is.

"They have no idea, they have looked in all the areas around the Richmond Hills area, they have contacted his phone carrier the cell tower where the phone last went off around midnight on the 16th of February, and it has not been turned on," Smith explained.
    http://www.wjbf.com/story/28167685/a...er-missing-son
    Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

"When from a long distant past nothing persists, after the people are dead, after things are broken and scattered, still alone, more persistent, more faithful, the smell and taste of things remain poised a long, long time like souls, ready to remind us, waiting, hoping for their moment amid the ruins of all the rest, and bear unfaltering in the tiny and almost impalpable drop of their essence the vast structure of recollection."

Huh?...there is no Apollo Beach Georgia, I don't recall one from having lived on the coast......but there is an Apollo Beach FLORIDA in Hillsborough County, east side of Tampa Bay
    And Richmond Hill is right off 95 south of Savannah

here is another blurb
    http://m.savannahnow.com/bryan-count...help#gsc.tab=0
    seen in Richmond Hill area....

Apollo beach...huh

Okay he did live down in Florida-
    FB, no recent activity
    https://www.facebook.com/tim.jaskiewicz.5

Slightly confused here....maybe they mean he had been to Apollo Beach FL, was coming north on 95 towards Charleston SC, and then last his phone pinged was near Richmond Hill Ga....does that make sense then?

Lawsy there is all them swamps and timber land running along 95 and then over along 17...lots of backroads in there

I don't think they said what cell tower?

sounds ominous , his state of mind, but hope the guy just needed a more of a break

http://www.postandcourier.com/articl...PC16/150219241
    {visiting friends in RICHMOND HILL GA area not Apollo Beach FL}
    snipped -last seen at 1 p.m. Monday in Richmond Hills, Ga....His friends said they went out for an errand and Jaskiewicz was not there when they returned

Looking around MSM & SM, his family & friends are really worried for him

I don't know him, but from a cursory glance of his Facebook (https://www.facebook.com/tim.jaskiewicz.5) and the fact that we're from the same area of town, he appears to be friends of friends with a lot of people I know, especially my parents' friends. I hope they find him soon, that perhaps he just needed a break.

thanks fo rthe poster granola

yes I hope it was just that he needed quiet time to himself and not...well you know. His babies need him....
    I went back and listened to the first msm link....his mom said that LE was able to figure out the last tower his phone had contact with, and it was around midnight Feb 16th and the phone hasn't been on since. I haven't seen anything about which tower ( there are several in the area, east & west sides of 95) but since LE was looking around Richmond Hill , must have been around there.
    I thought they could track a phone even if it was off?? Unless the battery has died?

eta....I was trying to find traffic cameras for 95, there are 2 exits there...wonder if LE has checked any cameras working out from place last seen?? And I wonder what time his friends went to run the errand and when they estimate he left

nothing new in the news this morning? but there is a FB for him, set up approved by his mother
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/bringtimhome/

Do they know the phone is off? I don't know about Richmond Hill but i know that as soon as I leave the interstate in parts of SC and GA, I get almost no service. Perhaps he just went off a bit out of reach of the towers, maybe even went camping or something.

yes I recall cell service being on again off again along 95 , from Savannah to St Marys
    I wonder , do they know IF he has a phone charger IN his vehicle?
    And did he take his gear or was anything left behind at the friends?

I can't find anything new on this gentleman tonight...he seems very much loved
    Tim if you are out there and find this site, come on man your kids need you...Like Bob Marley sings,
    "Don't worry about a thing, worry about a thing, oh!
    Every little thing gonna be all right. Don't worry!"

believe

los2188 is offline North Carolina Tar Heels..your NCCA Champs!!
    Charleston man reported missing

RICHMOND HILLS, Ga. - A Charleston, South Carolina, man has been missing for over a week. The Post and Courier newspaper in Charleston reported that Tim Jaskiewicz, 51, was last seen at 1 p.m. Feb. 16 visiting friends in Richmond Hills, Georgia, according to his mother, Linda Smith of Summerville. Smith said she has not heard from him since, and it worries her.

“He always calls or texts every day,” she told the Post and Courier. “Four days is a long time.” The Post and Courier stated that Jaskiewicz grew up Charleston and graduated from Clemson University. He apparently moved back to the Charleston area in December after several years in Florida.

“His whereabouts are unknown,” said Det. Bobby Linton of the Richmond Hill Police Department on Tuesday.
    http://www.independentmail.com/news/...ssing_21336262
    Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

"When from a long distant past nothing persists, after the people are dead, after things are broken and scattered, still alone, more persistent, more faithful, the smell and taste of things remain poised a long, long time like souls, ready to remind us, waiting, hoping for their moment amid the ruins of all the rest, and bear unfaltering in the tiny and almost impalpable drop of their essence the vast structure of recollection."

Authorities continue their search for missing Charleston man

The search continues for 51-year-old Timothy Jaskiewicz, a missing Charleston man who was last seen more than a week ago near Savannah, Georgia.

[snip]

"An 11-year-old year old and a nine-year-old here who need him back very badly and so do I," said Jaskiewicz.

http://www.live5news.com/story/28204...charleston-man

http://www.turnto10.com/story/281772...-richmond-hill

Short article in link.
    Paraphrasing:
    His mom says that Tim suffers from depression and he's on medication.

and the call to his mom during his walk...asking about the children's welfare... not liking where this is heading... Come home, Tim, it gets better...
    "A word after a word after a word is power."
    ~Margaret Atwood~

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast