1122 users online (282 members and 840 guests)  

The Killing Season - Websleuths

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

MO - Jasmine Miller, 6, found strangled in Branson motel, 21 Feb 2015

Little Girl Found Dead In Branson Motel, Suspect In Custody
    Police in Branson are investigating what they are calling a suspicious death after a missing six-year-old little girl was found dead in a motel room. The Taney County Coroner is also investigating at the Windsor Inn on 76 Country Boulevard. Police began searching after reports that the girl was missing. Shortly after arriving at the Inn they found Jasmine Miller unresponsive.

A witness at the scene tells KTTS News he can see police moving in and out of a room on the top level. He says they also appear to be investigating near the trash dumpster.

Police say they have a person of interest in custody and are treating the case as a homicide.
    http://www.jrn.com/ktts/news/Little-...293349261.html
    My kids are a window to my past, a mirror of today, a door to tomorrow, and a keeper of this proud old dad's heart forever.

Just read about this little one. No matter how many times I see this happen it pisses me off!

http://www.ky3.com/news/local/6-year...48998_31411550

http://www.jrn.com/ktts/news/Man-Cha...293473021.html

rom an edited press release:

Further investigation by the Branson Police Department, Taney County Coroner’s Office and the Taney County Prosecutor’s Office has led to the charging of John P. Roberts, DOB: 09/22/59.

A warrant has been issued charging John P. Roberts with Murder in the first degree, RSMo Section 565.020 in that on or about February 21, 2015, in the County of Taney, State of Missouri, the defendant, after deliberation, knowingly caused the death of the victim by strangling her.

Our thoughts and prayers go out to the immediate family and friends. It appears Roberts acted alone.

Glad they found and arrested him.

https://www.facebook.com/ky3news/pho...type=1&theater

There is a picture of him at the above link. Scary!

According to court records, Roberts was facing a charge of second-degree murder in Taney County Associate Circuit Court. Following a bond hearing, he was released from jail Feb. 11 after posting a $171 cash bond, records show.

Branson police sent an alert to Branson residents at 7:15 p.m. Saturday about a missing girl. The alert is available to Branson residents, and the alerts are received by phone or text. A later alert said the girl had been found and that police were still investigating.
    You can fool some of the people some of the time; But guess what? The Bus Stops Here (Life No Parole/ Don't Pass Go: Don't Collect Your $200)

Prayers and thoughts go to the family.

At least LE were able to catch the perp so fast.
    Has anyone been able to find a history on this evil man?
    Why why does this keep happening?

Thanks so much for all of the info!!! This is in my area, I have a 6 year old niece, and this is so saddening. Can you please post a link for me regarding his court records of the pending 2nd degree-murder charge? I looked through MO casenet and can't find it. Thanks in advance!!
    Also, I am wondering why no Amber Alert? I live apx. 20 miles away, and we knew nothing of this until it was on the news.

Quote Originally Posted by DexterMorgan View Post
    According to court records, Roberts was facing a charge of second-degree murder in Taney County Associate Circuit Court. Following a bond hearing, he was released from jail Feb. 11 after posting a $171 cash bond, records show.

Branson police sent an alert to Branson residents at 7:15 p.m. Saturday about a missing girl. The alert is available to Branson residents, and the alerts are received by phone or text. A later alert said the girl had been found and that police were still investigating.

I dont see why he was able to bond out for $171 while fighting a 2nd degree murder charge in another county this month? He just got out of jail 10 days before this happened. So sad.
    You can fool some of the people some of the time; But guess what? The Bus Stops Here (Life No Parole/ Don't Pass Go: Don't Collect Your $200)

$171 cash bond for 2nd degree murder charges?!

Exactly!!

Quote Originally Posted by DexterMorgan View Post
    I dont see why he was able to bond out for $171 while fighting a 2nd degree murder charge in another county this month? He just got out of jail 10 days before this happened. So sad.

I just realized that the article is now saying it was 2nd degree burglary. So my above copy and paste was made before they realized and corrected their mistake.
    Quote Originally Posted by MSCJgrad View Post
    Thanks so much for all of the info!!! This is in my area, I have a 6 year old niece, and this is so saddening. Can you please post a link for me regarding his court records of the pending 2nd degree-murder charge? I looked through MO casenet and can't find it. Thanks in advance!!
    Also, I am wondering why no Amber Alert? I live apx. 20 miles away, and we knew nothing of this until it was on the news.
    http://m.bransontrilakesnews.com/mob...da02073b9.html
    Last edited by DexterMorgan; 02-22-2015 at 05:35 PM.

Sorry to all. It was a 2nd degree burglary charge. Iam sorry. My fault. But still. So sad.

We will find out the circumstances soon enough, but my guess is that she was snatched while walking to/from her family's hotel room by herself (or perhaps with siblings or friends and they seperated).

Quote Originally Posted by eileenhawkeye View Post
    $171 cash bond for 2nd degree murder charges?!
    Iam so sorry. It was 2nd degree burglary charges. Still sad though.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast