GUILTY VA - LeShawn Jones, 4 mos, beaten to death, Norfolk, 26 May 2005

mysteriew

A diamond in process
Reaction score
The blows that killed 4-month-old LeShawn Jones Jr. carried the force of a 45-mph car crash without a seat belt, or a fall from three or four stories, a medical examiner testified in court Tuesday.

Charges of murder and child abuse against the father, 21-year-old LeShawn J. Jones, will be heard by a grand jury, a judge ruled after a preliminary hearing.

Medical examiner Dr. Wendy Gunther testified that the explanations Jones provided were unlikely to lead to the injuries she found during the baby’s autopsy. LeShawn Jones Jr. had one skull fracture that was almost 6 inches long and a second one of an inch and a half.

The injury was so severe that the skull separated and the child’s brain swelled through the opening . The doctor said she found crescent-shaped wounds on the baby’s back, suggestive of pressure from adult hands. The child also had a cracked rib.

The child’s eyes showed bleeding, a sign of violent shaking, Gunther said.

“No normal play activity will rupture vessels in the eyes,” she said.

Both shaking and impact contributed to the child’s death, Gunther said.

Jones’ fiancee and the mother of the child, Chemika Harrison, said, “I love you Shawn,” as deputies led him back to jail. She wore a T-shirt printed with a picture of Jones and his son together, with the words “Daddy’s Little Tigger.”
http://home.hamptonroads.com/stories/story.cfm?story=90127&ran=59744

:furious: :furious: :furious:

I hope some cracks his head.

LeShawn Jerrod Jones

Housed: Sussex II State Prison
Projected Release Date: 08/23/2019

so did the judge and jury sleep when the coroner gave her testimony?
15 years? come on

Its still unbelievable! Even more hard to believe i know both the mother and father well! I use to date the father so this is truly mind blowing!Never would have ever thought he would be capable of something like THIS! My heart goes out to that baby!REST HEAVENLY DEAR...

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288
Back